Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1946 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Re: NHL Draft and Off-season Thread - Hopefully Patrick Kane Doesn't Go Home to Buffalo This Summer Edition

Anyone read Gabe Landeskog's Players Tribune article on concussions yet? If not, go read it now. Good stuff.

Having read that and the Adam Estoclet one (which was fantastic btw), I have to say concussions sound god awful and something I wouldn't hope for anybody. I have migraines from time to time and those aren't fun either but I'm pretty sure those are nothing when compared to what these guys through.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts
Re: NHL Draft and Off-season Thread - Hopefully Patrick Kane Doesn't Go Home to Buffalo This Summer Edition

lmao at this Jimmy Vesey

Cucked 2 NHL organizations and turning into FUCKING ALL STAR Dany Heatley before even playing a shift in the NHL.

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #185

lmao at this Jimmy Vesey

Cucked 2 NHL organizations and turning into FUCKING ALL STAR Dany Heatley before even playing a shift in the NHL.
When you want to be a Maple Leaf you want to be a Maple Leaf.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts

When you want to be a Maple Leaf you want to be a Maple Leaf.
Boston IMO and, much to Vesey's surprise, he probably starts the year in Providence.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts

Boston IMO and, much to Vesey's surprise, he probably starts the year in Providence.
He'll be gift wrapped a spot in Boston's top-9 and after that, it's up to Vesey to prove he's worth keeping the spot. They already have a hole on wing waiting for him.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
xxx-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes

·
1/100
7,728 Posts

He'll be gift wrapped a spot in Boston's top-9 and after that, it's up to Vesey to prove he's worth keeping the spot. They already have a hole on wing waiting for him.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
xxx-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Well, duh! If he knew he was gonna be in Providence... then it wouldn't be a surprise! :D

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #189

I don't think so.

His dad works for the Maple Leafs. His brother is the Leafs system.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I don't think so.

While Vesey's father does work as a scout for the Maple Leafs, he still lives and works in Massachusetts. He is also battling cancer. From what I've heard, staying close to home to be near his Dad is a priority for Jimmy. I think he'll sign with one of Bruins/Rangers/Sabres with an outside chance of the Blackhawks. Both Stan Bowman and Joel Quenneville have traveled to watch Vesey play summer league hockey in Foxboro, MA. There might be an attractive opening on the Toews/Hossa line for Vesey.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts

I don't think so.

Oh.

Half thought you were fooling and just rolling with the "(insert free agent) wants to be a Leaf" meme.

Fair enough they are linked, but Boston seems like a slam dunk. Who knows!

·
Premium Member
30,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #192

Oh.

Half thought you were fooling and just rolling with the "(insert free agent) wants to be a Leaf" meme.

Fair enough they are linked, but Boston seems like a slam dunk. Who knows!
Not this time :).

As far as I know the only candidates at this point are Boston and Toronto.

Toronto's young team should be rather attractive for him.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts

Pretty sure Chicago could be classified as a more serious contender for Vesey than Toronto at this point, but I think Boston is so far ahead.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts

Patrick Roy quit as Avs head coach. :wow

·
1/100
7,728 Posts

ayy lmao

Actually a good thing. I know they had that anamoly of a good year 3 years ago, but if we're being honest, Avs are like a rich man's Oilers with the old boys club running the deal into nowhere. I say that as somebody who has always been a huge fan of their core, but they really should've been much much further along than they were.

Getting a new vision behind the bench should be a great thing for them. Timing is not ideal, tho.

·
My Balls Are Hard As Steele
9,852 Posts

From what he said, it look like himself and top brass of the Avs had some issues that couldn't be fixed. Patrick's always been a highly opinion guy so it was eventually going to collide with top brass of the Avs.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts

For any of you Canadians, 7-11 has some pretty sweet World Cup of Hockey Slurpee Cups.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts

Vesey to Rangers.

Oddly enough, I'm fine with this.

181 - 200 of 1946 Posts