Sami Zayn is my pick.
- Vince is working closely with him and in love with his promos right now
- he pinned Strowman
- .....but the show closed with Strowman standing tall over Sami (heat is on Strowman, sympathy is on Sami)
- Sudden reconnection with Kevin Owens sets Sami up for an actually planned out storyline (they wouldn’t repair them for no good reason)
- Sami just randomly got a title match and put Kofi over... this is to protect Kofi’s status when Sami cheats to win later. Vince always does stuff like this to make it clear who is really “better”.
- Owens is in the title match (and had his WM moment stolen by Kofi) so he can job to Kofi to add to Kofi’s credibility before getting his aura back as “co-champion” with Sami, or numerous other storyline connections between the trio
- Drew is credible enough to be inserted at any time. Doesn’t need a cheap tactic to win the belt
- Andrade is probably next best pick, but apart from Charlotte, two lines of English, and Fox wanting a diverse representative, theres no sign Vince is setting things up for him to be the focal point - I’d expect he needs to prove his English more first
- Riccochet has been 50/50 booked and is a super babyface. Finn is IC champion and I don’t remember any of his appearances since mania. Randy is a cold vet, Ali is a cold baby. Baron Corbin might possibly win it and get an instant, hot shot win over Kofi to redeem his previous money loss, and live out Vince’s fantasy to see the white asshole unfairly bury Kofi... this might actually happen when I think about it, but there’s been zero foreshadowing.
Finally, Sami Zayn is in the second most prominent position on the poster - the best spot to win multiman matches like rumbles etc. They never put the winner front and centre, nor do they put the winner near the back.
90% confident Sami Zayn will win
Last edited by IronMan8; 05-17-2019 at 09:02 PM.