Ive been watching WWF/E since 1997, seen the very first HIAC match and since then its my fav match type. Though since going pg the matcehs have diluted, last year saw two of the best HIAC matches since WWE went pg. This list is entirely imo, and different people definitely have diff opinions. Also it should not be a surprise that HHH and Taker dominates the list as they had more hiac matches than any other wrestlers. Eitherways my list (no 1 is imo the best):
1. Triple H vs Cacuts Jack, Hell in a Cell match, No Way Out 2000.
2. The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, Hell in a Cell match, Bad Blood 1997.
3. Triple H vs Batista, Hell in a Cell match, Vengeance 2005.
4. The Undertaker vs Mankind, Hell in a Cell match, King of The Rings 1998.
5. Triple H vs Shawn Michaels, Hell in a Cell match, Bad Blood 2004.
6. The Rock vs Stone Cold vs Kurt Angle vs Triple H vs Rikishi vs The Undertaker, 6 men Hell in a Cell match, Armageddon 2000.
7. The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar, Hell in a Cell match, No Mercy 2002.
8. The New Day vs The Usos, Hell in a Cell match, Hell in a Cell 2017.
9. Triple H and Shawn Michaels vs Vince Mcmahon, Shane McMahon and The Big Show, Hell in a Cell match, Unforgiven 2006.
10. The Undertaker vs Edge, Hell in a Cell match, SummerSlam 2008.
11. Kevin Owens vs Shane McMahon, Falls Count Anywhere, Hell in a Cell match, Hell in a Cell 2017.
12. The Undertaker vs Randy Orton, Hell in a Cell match, Armageddon 2005.
13. Triple H vs Chris Jericho, Hell in a Cell match, Judgement Day 2002.
14. The Undertaker vs Triple H, Hell in a Cell match, WrestleMania 28. (this is imo over rated because of the "end of an era" tag, had little use of the cell, felt more like a no dq match, and HBK killed Taker and HHH's chemistry, and the end of an era was as much a lie as "once in a life time" was, had Taker retired 20-0 it might have really been significant, that wasn't the case, and we have seen plenty of DX reunion after that too).
15. The Undertaker vs Batista, Hell in a Cell match, SurvivorSeries 2007 (would have been higher had Edge not ruined it in the end. Now I know Kane interfered in the end of Taker vs HBK in the 1997 hiac match, but that was totally different, and Kane was an absolute monster there, hell of a debut it was for him, Taker and HBK already had a classic and Kane just added to it, but Edge's interference in Taker vs Batista match imo was cheap sneaky spot ruining a great match, a horrible ending to a great feud, though good for starting a new one, but they could have done that somewhere else instead of ruining that match... ).
Honorable Mention: "Charlotte Flair vs Sasha Banks, Hell in a Cell match, Hell in a Cell 2016", it is unfortunate they weren't allowed to go their full potential because of the pg ratings, but this was the first HIAC match by women and first WWE ppv main evented by women, a monumental moment of the women's revolution.
IMO HHH vs Cactus Jack No Way Out 2000 is the match that defines HIAC matches, the violence, the brutality, the high spots, the gore, everything about that match is perfect and nothing can top its position as the best HIAC match ever and a defining moment of the lost art of hardcore wrestling....
Irrespective of their place, all the matches in the list were brutal and amazing...
Last edited by Brock The Big Magnificent Bastard; 06-03-2018 at 09:58 AM.