Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist? - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Crasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 9,944
Points: 31,674
                     
Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist?

Assuming that WWE do MYC III this year, which wrestlers do you expect, or just want to see?

With AEW revving up, it'll be interesting to see who signs who over the next few months. AEW have already aquired the likes of Aja Kong, Britt Baker & Yuka Sakazaki. They also signed Nyla Rose, making her the first trans wrestler ever signed to a major promotion. I expect AEW & WWE to fight over several female names, but expect that WWE will in most cases get the ones they want most.

I'd like to see the 32-woman bracket look something like this:

1. Alexis Lee
2. Amber Nova
3. Arisa Nakajima
4. Bea Priestley
5. Charlie Morgan
6. Chelsea Green
7. Debbie Keitel
8. Elena Pogosyan
9. Emma
10. Gisele Shaw
11. Jennifer Blake
12. Jungle Kyona
13. Hyaneyoung
14. Kanji
15. Kelly Klein
16. Kris Wolf
16. Lana Austin
17. La Rosa Negra
18. Mayu Iwatani
19. Meiko Satomura
20. Melina
21. Millie McKenzie
22. Pricilla Kelly
23. Sadie Gibbs
25. Shazza McKenzie
26. Taeler Hendrix
27. Tasha Steelz
28. Thunder Rosa
29. Victoria
30. Xia Brookside
31. Zoe Lucas
32. Zoey Skye

I'm sure there's people I'll have overlooked, and also sure there's people I've included who are (or will be) under contract elsewhere. There's a good chance Karen Q & Rachael Ellering will be back this year seeing as they are now both officially signed.

I'd also not that I wouldn't want WWE to actually sign Mayu Iwatani, but rather just have her take part in the tournament like ZSJ & Ibushi in the CWC, or Meiko & Hiroyo in last years MYC.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic285993_26.gif
... Sadie motherfucking Gibbs.

Last edited by Crasp; 02-11-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Crasp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:59 PM
YNWA
 
Dibil13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 8,039
Points: 5,253
                     
Re: Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist?

Meiko said she plans to work with WWE again in 2019 so we can assume she's all but confirmed. I also expect Mayu and/or Hana Kimura.

Hiroshi Tanahashi/Kazuchika Okada/Minoru Suzuki/Daniel Bryan/Asuka

Samoa Joe/Tetsuya Naito/Tomohiro Ishii/Meiko Satomura/Jay White


Dibil13 is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Crasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 9,944
Points: 31,674
                     
Re: Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist?

Yeah, I expect Meiko back too. And seeing that she was far & away the MVP of MYC II, I have no issue with that at all.

I don't expect Mayu, but I'd love to see her in it, though as noted just as a one-time thing. Hana is a good shout - potentially very marketable look too. I'd probably think about saving her for 2020 though.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic285993_26.gif
... Sadie motherfucking Gibbs.
Crasp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 07:20 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,776
Points: 8,472
                     
Re: Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasp View Post
Yeah, I expect Meiko back too. And seeing that she was far & away the MVP of MYC II, I have no issue with that at all.

I don't expect Mayu, but I'd love to see her in it, though as noted just as a one-time thing. Hana is a good shout - potentially very marketable look too. I'd probably think about saving her for 2020 though.
Her new gimmick is just bad, really bad. I lost interest in her and i know she lost quite a few fans too.
rbl85 is online now  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:28 AM
 
looper007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,857
Points: 14,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibil13 View Post
Meiko said she plans to work with WWE again in 2019 so we can assume she's all but confirmed. I also expect Mayu and/or Hana Kimura.
Mayu is under contract with ROH for a few years, she won't be going for the forseeable future. Any other full time Stardom talent it's the same for too. Unless they are leaving for NXT like Io and Kairi, and I don't see that happening for a few years.

Also AEW and Tokyo Joshi Pro seem to have a deal, so that rules out any of that talent.

I be surprised if you see any big Japanese Joshi talent on this years MYC besides a returning Meiko.

I don't think MYC will be hit to bad by AEW, I still think a lot of talent will chose WWE over AEW until AEW show they are viable company to go too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasp View Post
Assuming that WWE do MYC III this year, which wrestlers do you expect, or just want to see?

With AEW revving up, it'll be interesting to see who signs who over the next few months. AEW have already aquired the likes of Aja Kong, Britt Baker & Yuka Sakazaki. They also signed Nyla Rose, making her the first trans wrestler ever signed to a major promotion. I expect AEW & WWE to fight over several female names, but expect that WWE will in most cases get the ones they want most.

I'd like to see the 32-woman bracket look something like this:

1. Alexis Lee
2. Amber Nova
3. Arisa Nakajima
4. Bea Priestley
5. Charlie Morgan
6. Chelsea Green
7. Debbie Keitel
8. Elena Pogosyan
9. Emma
10. Gisele Shaw
11. Jennifer Blake
12. Jungle Kyona
13. Hyaneyoung
14. Kanji
15. Kelly Klein
16. Kris Wolf
16. Lana Austin
17. La Rosa Negra
18. Mayu Iwatani
19. Meiko Satomura
20. Melina
21. Millie McKenzie
22. Pricilla Kelly
23. Sadie Gibbs
25. Shazza McKenzie
26. Taeler Hendrix
27. Tasha Steelz
28. Thunder Rosa
29. Victoria
30. Xia Brookside
31. Zoe Lucas
32. Zoey Skye

I'm sure there's people I'll have overlooked, and also sure there's people I've included who are (or will be) under contract elsewhere. There's a good chance Karen Q & Rachael Ellering will be back this year seeing as they are now both officially signed.

I'd also not that I wouldn't want WWE to actually sign Mayu Iwatani, but rather just have her take part in the tournament like ZSJ & Ibushi in the CWC, or Meiko & Hiroyo in last years MYC.
The names I blackened I don't see going. Sadie Gibbs and Taeler Hendrix both have dodgy reps on the indie scene, I don't agree with Osperay on him telling everyone about it (also the fact none of her fellow professionals came out and backed her, tells you a lot) but she needs to buck up her attitude offstage and Hendrix is another with a massive problem. WWE won't be touching them imo.

Chelsea Green doesn't need to do MYC, they can send her straight to the main roster right now.Kris Wolf is sadly retiring. Emma is under contract with ROH. No to any of the Stardom talent as they have a deal with ROH.

The other names could definitely fill up the card, some aren't that exciting. I won't be surprised if this years one isn't as strong as the past two years.

looper007 is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Crasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 9,944
Points: 31,674
                     
Re: Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by looper007 View Post
The names I blackened I don't see going. Sadie Gibbs and Taeler Hendrix both have dodgy reps on the indie scene, I don't agree with Osperay on him telling everyone about it (also the fact none of her fellow professionals came out and backed her, tells you a lot) but she needs to buck up her attitude offstage and Hendrix is another with a massive problem. WWE won't be touching them imo.

Chelsea Green doesn't need to do MYC, they can send her straight to the main roster right now.Kris Wolf is sadly retiring. Emma is under contract with ROH. No to any of the Stardom talent as they have a deal with ROH.

The other names could definitely fill up the card, some aren't that exciting. I won't be surprised if this years one isn't as strong as the past two years.
As far as someone like Hendrix, yeah I don't see WWE signing her, but if just for just the MYC I could see that being a possibility. Sadie I'd just love to see take part either way. She lives about 5 minutes from me and she's a total sweetheart if a little... airy? She's absolutly driven, though. The Bucks came out in support of her in the wake of the whole Ospreay thing, though. Though perhaps that's an indication that she's on AEW's radar, and not WWE's.

I wouldn't be cut up at all if Chelsea isn't in the MYC, but every year they've included multiple performance center women who have yet to become regulars on the NXT weekly shows, so it's hardly unlikely, even if its necessity is arguable.

Re: Stardom/ROH talent; There's a good while before the MYC 2019 is likely to start tapings. The best part of 6 months most likely, & a lot can change in half a year. Still unlikely in most cases, but far from impossible.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic285993_26.gif
... Sadie motherfucking Gibbs.
Crasp is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 01:57 PM
STARRRMAKER
 
CENAS HEEL TURN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 464
Points: 1,420
                     
Re: Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist?

Bea Priestley recently turned down WWE.
Crasp likes this.


“Oh, Eeyore, you are wet!” said Piglet, feeling him.
Eeyore shook himself, and asked somebody to explain to Piglet what happened when you had been inside a river for quite a long time.”

CENAS HEEL TURN is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 05:33 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 168
Points: 552
                   
Re: Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist?

I could see Viper/ Piper Niven this year
Caesy said that he heard she wiil be FL bound in couple of months after her WOS conterct end.
As well i can see a lot the PC wrestlers like MC jenkins,Chelsa,Jessy,Tegen (She wiil win i, if she in it),Reina Gonzles,Rachel elering,Karen Q,Xia Li, and Probably NXT UK wrestlers as well.
I dont be suprise if Rhea Ripley vs Tegen Nox is the final of this Year MYC.
net44 is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Crasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 9,944
Points: 31,674
                     
Re: Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist?

I'd be surprised if Rhea was in again this year. Also I can kinda see why they might want to put Tegan in again but she seems to get injured at or around the time of the MYC tapings every year, so, maybe Tegan should just avoid the MYC!

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic285993_26.gif
... Sadie motherfucking Gibbs.
Crasp is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 05:43 PM
 
TD Stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 20,326
Points: 63,130
                     
Re: Your MYC 2019 predictions/wishlist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasp View Post
I'd be surprised if Rhea was in again this year. Also I can kinda see why they might want to put Tegan in again but she seems to get injured at or around the time of the MYC tapings every year, so, maybe Tegan should just avoid the MYC!
I hope by the time there is an MYC III, if there even is one, Rhea is on main NXT TV. And when Tegan comes back, she can be on NXT UK. Then do a cross brand feud.
Crasp likes this.

TD Stinger is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome