WWE 2k20 - Page 14 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 237Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
zrc
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: In Jungle Boy's Treehouse
Posts: 17,042
Points: 69,819
                     
Re: WWE 2k20

More than just cruiserweights have unique moves assigned to them.

As for the repetitive moves, that's down to the mocap. They looked better when they were done entirely on computer. They can't get every wrestler in there to mocap their own moves, so they end up getting 5 or 6 guys each year to do them.
zrc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #132 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 08:19 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,540
Points: 5,121
                     
Re: WWE 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrc View Post
More than just cruiserweights have unique moves assigned to them.

As for the repetitive moves, that's down to the mocap. They looked better when they were done entirely on computer. They can't get every wrestler in there to mocap their own moves, so they end up getting 5 or 6 guys each year to do them.
I don't care if it's just 2 people doing the mocap, do a BUNCH more animations. That is all. It shouldn't be that hard to add in more reversal, pin, walking/running, and kickout animations especially. I'm not saying that wrestlers need to mocap their own moves, but just do more unique moves that fit the wrestler. Instead of giving 40 different wrestlers the same DDT or suplex for example, give the low-card guys the same one and the more popular wrestlers their own version of the move. Instead of giving us a bunch of Indie moves that hardly anyone will ever use, give us a bunch more moves to wrestlers like a new F5, a new Stunner, new chokeslam, new Tombstone, new RKO, new Spear, etc. I would be much more happier seeing new variations of those over flashy backflip moves from the indies.
rkolegend123 and Mear like this.

http://orig02.deviantart.net/b39e/f/2011/039/1/3/randy_orton_by_spider_man91-d394l92.png
#BestForBusiness is offline  
post #133 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:41 AM
The face that runs the List
 
They Call Him Y2J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: France
Posts: 9,493
Points: 31,691
                     
Re: WWE 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrc View Post
More than just cruiserweights have unique moves assigned to them.

As for the repetitive moves, that's down to the mocap. They looked better when they were done entirely on computer. They can't get every wrestler in there to mocap their own moves, so they end up getting 5 or 6 guys each year to do them.
I noticed only two days ago that Alexa Bliss has her own pinning animation. They should add more of these. People like Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Brock Lesnar... always had their own way of pinning people for example.

They Call Him Y2J is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #134 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:58 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,439
Points: 3,926
                     
Re: WWE 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Him Y2J View Post
I noticed only two days ago that Alexa Bliss has her own pinning animation. They should add more of these. People like Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Brock Lesnar... always had their own way of pinning people for example.
That would be a nice addition. I always thought they should incorporate walking/movement styles and reversal packages. For example, a wrestler with a “technical” reversal package is more liable to use traditional slams and other technical maneuvers to counter moves as opposed to a high flyer who may counter a move by rolling out of the way or busting out a hurricanrana.

Overall there needs to be more things to make each wrestler feel unique in the ring
ObsoleteMule is offline  
post #135 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
zrc
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: In Jungle Boy's Treehouse
Posts: 17,042
Points: 69,819
                     
Re: WWE 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Him Y2J View Post
I noticed only two days ago that Alexa Bliss has her own pinning animation. They should add more of these. People like Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Brock Lesnar... always had their own way of pinning people for example.
Nia Jax jas one too. Where she puts a foot on their chest to pin. Doesn't happen very often though.
zrc is offline  
post #136 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 04:01 AM
 
SayWhatAgain!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4,213
Points: 11,830
                     
Isn't there normally some info by now?

I know they only care about NBA, which is obvious since it's a far far better & deeper game, but I wish they'd at least use a bit of that effort on this.

GM Mode, aka GOAT Mode. If they bring it back I'll buy it. Universe mode takes too long & fucking sucks. GM Mode or bust.

The gameplay sucks, it's too slow & not fun. I press a button & an animation occurs, feels robotic, like im not in control. I hope EA get the rights & use the UFC engine, now that game is fun af.
zrc likes this.


Last edited by SayWhatAgain!; 07-22-2019 at 04:04 AM.
SayWhatAgain! is offline  
post #137 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
zrc
 
zrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: In Jungle Boy's Treehouse
Posts: 17,042
Points: 69,819
                     
Re: WWE 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain! View Post
Isn't there normally some info by now?

I know they only care about NBA, which is obvious since it's a far far better & deeper game, but I wish they'd at least use a bit of that effort on this.

GM Mode, aka GOAT Mode. If they bring it back I'll buy it. Universe mode takes too long & fucking sucks. GM Mode or bust.

The gameplay sucks, it's too slow & not fun. I press a button & an animation occurs, feels robotic, like im not in control. I hope EA get the rights & use the UFC engine, now that game is fun af.
Yeah we've usually known the cover star, preorder bonus and had trailers for It by now. This week is usually the collectors edition reveal.

Last years dates:
June 15th - Announced.
june 18th - AJ Styles press conference
june 25th - Rey Mysterio preorder trailer
July 9th - Ronda Rousey preorder trailer
July 25th - Collectors Edition trailer
August/September - 3 week roster reveal
September 13th - Gameplay trailer
19th September - Season Pass reveal
20th September - Soundtrack reveal

Last edited by zrc; 07-22-2019 at 04:30 AM.
zrc is offline  
post #138 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:56 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,540
Points: 5,121
                     
Re: WWE 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Him Y2J View Post
I noticed only two days ago that Alexa Bliss has her own pinning animation. They should add more of these. People like Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Brock Lesnar... always had their own way of pinning people for example.
Yeah until a patch broke it to where only the AI is now only able to do it. I couldn't get it to work again while playing as Bliss after the last patch I believe, but yes, there needs to be more pin animations and unique pin animations. I've been asking that for like 3 years now, so I doubt that it will come anytime soon. I almost guarantee the gameplay will be the exact same.

It'll likely just be an updated roster, updated PPVs, maybe a couple of updated entrances, women's Showcase, a women's MyCareer addition, and call it a year.

http://orig02.deviantart.net/b39e/f/2011/039/1/3/randy_orton_by_spider_man91-d394l92.png
#BestForBusiness is offline  
post #139 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:01 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,540
Points: 5,121
                     
Re: WWE 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain! View Post
I hope EA get the rights & use the UFC engine, now that game is fun af.
Great, can't wait to use real life money to purchase lootboxes to unlock wrestlers, attires, and PPVs. Sounds amazing.

EA: "Purchase the special 'Dead Man's Package' box for only $4.99 for a chance to unlock the legendary Undertaker! Or, a chance to instead unlock 2 attires or PPV's!"

http://orig02.deviantart.net/b39e/f/2011/039/1/3/randy_orton_by_spider_man91-d394l92.png

Last edited by #BestForBusiness; 07-22-2019 at 09:05 PM.
#BestForBusiness is offline  
post #140 of 394 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:14 PM
 
rkolegend123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 794
Points: 2,416
                     
Re: WWE 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BestForBusiness View Post
I don't care if it's just 2 people doing the mocap, do a BUNCH more animations. That is all. It shouldn't be that hard to add in more reversal, pin, walking/running, and kickout animations especially. I'm not saying that wrestlers need to mocap their own moves, but just do more unique moves that fit the wrestler. Instead of giving 40 different wrestlers the same DDT or suplex for example, give the low-card guys the same one and the more popular wrestlers their own version of the move. Instead of giving us a bunch of Indie moves that hardly anyone will ever use, give us a bunch more moves to wrestlers like a new F5, a new Stunner, new chokeslam, new Tombstone, new RKO, new Spear, etc. I would be much more happier seeing new variations of those over flashy backflip moves from the indies.
You sir are a smart man, and that's one of the reasons I love HCTP
rkolegend123 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome