EASY NAVIGATION OF THIS THREAD
This thread serves multiple purposes, so here is the best way to find what you want.
Hit Ctrl + F on your keyboard and then copy and paste (or just type) one of the following sections into the field that pops up to go to it, including the asterisk (little star thing):
*Tag Team / Stable Creation
*Title Match/Opprotunity information
*Money in the Bank
*Official Finisher List
*Hall Of Records
Pure Wrestling Alliance (PWA) is a WWE fantasy league (or prediction fed; p-fed for short).
The way it works is like any wrestling promotion: there are matches and feuds, titles and popularity; and to win you must defeat your opponent in the squared-circle by more accurately predicting the results of future WWE shows.
Think of it like a fantasy league such as football or hockey or soccer, but for wrestling. Instead of picking a quarterback and a running back and some wide receivers, you’re just going to pick a couple wrestlers each week and be awarded points for how well they perform.
The wrestlers of the PWA are played by those of you who have signed up to join! In order to join you should visit the Character Creation part of this thread and fill out the form. You can simply copy a real-life wrestler's profile or be creative and make one of your own.
As your wrestler progresses through the ranks he will earn title opportunities and so-on-and-so-forth. Each week, based on his output in the ring, your character will earn, or lose, Overness. Overness is the objective value of your character, and is used to determine ranking on the card and future match scheduling. The more matches you win, the more over you become.
Your wrestler also has the opportunity to cut promos on how awesome he is and why no one should mess with him. These promos, combined with match results, affect your character's Overness as well (more on all this later). If you want promos due to feuds etc happening at the time or post match promos etc posted with results please PM one of us running the Fed and we will add to results on your behalf.
- Currently WWE Raw and Smackdown. Main Event is currently not scored(possibly to return in the future). 02/2015
Your wrestler will be put into matches on the weekly card of their brand: Tuesday Night Thunder. Unlike real wrestling, the results of the card are not pre-scripted, making the PWA, with its genuine competition, a fake wrestling organisation.
Once the weekly card is posted you have until Monday before RAW Pre-Show begins taping (for normal weeks) or Sunday before the PPV Kick Off Show begins taping (for PPV weeks) to post your picks and, if you choose to do so, your promo, in that week's thread. Your picks for male superstars consist of 10 wrestlers on the Main Roster who you think will earn the most points for you during the week's programming, followed by two wrestlers as Back-Ups in case of a draw. (Exceptions for big 5 and intergender matches) As an example, you could pick the following:
Your picks for female superstars will consist of 8 wrestlers from the main roster and 2 back ups. (Exceptions for big 5 and intergender matches)
A member of the "Authority" will usually post results some time between Thursday and Sataurday night (This may change when Smackdown goes live) and the next card will be posted around that time as well.
As mentioned before, your picks earn points for you through the course of the WWE week by performing certain tasks on television. A full list of such accomplishments, and their respective values, are listed below these can also be found on the weekly spreadsheet that accompanies the show results.
First are points that can be earned on the weekly shows, followed by points that can be earned exclusively on PPVs, followed by points that can be earned on all shows.
Take note that for SD! We will sometimes be rewarding points according to spoilers, which are of course descriptions of the show as it appears to the live audience if we do not think that the spoilers for that week are good enough to score we will wait and score the show Friday when it airs.
Lastly, mistakes will surely be made with the spreadsheet, scoring and Cards etc etc If we make a mistake, don't just feel free to call us on it, CALL US ON IT! If any of the points seem off then please post in the respective weekly card thread and let us know. Thanks.
RAW and Smackdown! Unofficial. Official scoring can be found on the weekly spreadsheet
+1 - Appearance*
+4 - Match
+2 - Finisher Executed
+2 - Finisher Leads Directly to Win**
+3 - Victory
+2 - Victory via DQ
-2 - Defeat
-1 - Defeat via DQ
+1 - Eliminate someone from a match
+1 - Pin/Submit someone (special matches)
+5 - Winning a Battle Royal
+2 - Appearance*
+6 - Match
+3 - Finisher Executed
+3 - Finisher Leads Directly to Win**
+5 - Victory
+3 - Victory via DQ
-3 - Defeat
-2 - Defeat via DQ
+2 - Eliminate someone from a match
+2 - Pin/Submit someone (special matches)
+10 - Winning a Battle Royal
Specialty Scoring for certain events will be placed in the Socring tab of the weekly spreadsheet. These currently include special scoring for the following events:
- Royal Rumble
- Money in the Bank
+6 - Win a Title
+3 - Retain a Title
-4 - Lose a Title
* Appearance Points are earned when one of your picks appears in front of the audience live. This means that flashbacks to prior events, highlight clips, etc., do not count. Your picks receive Appearance Points for every separate appearance they have during a show, so if they appear once to cut a promo, and then later on to wrestle in a match, they earn two separate Appearance Points (which means 4 points on a PPV). If a commercial break splits an appearance in two (let's say during a match) that does not count as two separate appearances – we score as if we were in the arena watching the show, which means your wrestler was in one consistent appearance.
** Finisher Leads Directly to Win Points are earned by having your pick's finisher lead directly to a win for your pick. Directly means that no other moves are executed on the pinned wrestler after your pick's finisher is executed – i.e., if Orton is in a triple threat match, and he hits Cesaro with the RKO, but then Ziggler throws Orton out of the ring and pins Cesaro, Ziggler does not get Finisher Leads Directly to Win Points. Orton does not either, even though his finisher led to a win, since he did not win the match himself.
*** Title Match Victory/Defeat points are assessed on top of all other victory/defeat points. So if your pick wins a title match on a PPV, you get 5 points for winning the match, and also 6 points for winning for winning a match that involves a title.
Since the Scoring System is fundamental to the fed, and it being understood essential to fair competition, it is very important you ask any questions you may have about it by posting in this thread. Also, if you can think of any instance that might hypothetically occur on WWE television that the Scoring System is ambiguous or unclear about, please let me know. Thanks.
The Overness System developed by the original leader liberty_JAC as an attempt to make the booking process as objective as possible. This is not to say that the booking process will be decided entirely by the Overness Rankings. After all, part of the fun of wrestling is its unpredictability: tournaments where midcarders have a chance to beat main eventers, huge over-the-top battle royals, and big feuds that push one wrestler and relegate another. The main purpose of the Overness rankings is to provide some semblance of sanity to the booking process, avoid bias, and objectively measure success. Needless to say, the higher your overness is, the more opprotunities your wrestler will get at the mid/upper card titles.
When your wrestler enters the company, he enters with an automatic Overness of 50. It works as follows:
Overness on Shows
+1 - Thunder Victory*
+2 - PPV Match Victory*
+2 - Win the Pure Title*
+3 - Win an Under-Card Title (IC and Tag Team Titles)*
+6 - Win the WHC/Women’s Title*
-1 - Lose the Pure Title
-2 - Lose an Under-Card(Tag Team/IC) Title
-3 - Lose the WHC/Women’s Title
+1 - Successfully retain any title
+1 - Victory After Promo**
+3 - Victory After Turning (explained in “*Turning” section)
-3 - Defeat After Turning (explained in “*Turning” section)
+1 - Best Performance on Thunder
+2 - Best Performance at PPV***
+5 - Perfect Entry (Credited if your picks net the highest possible score for the week).
-4 - Lose One Match at 80+ (World-Renowned)
-3 - Lose One Match at 75 to 79 (Face of the Company)
-2 - Lose One Match at 70 to 74 (Main Eventer)
-1 - Lose One Match at 51 to 69 (Upper Midcarder)
-0 - Lose One Match at 50 or below (Midcarder)
Only the Winning team/person gets match win overness points
Only the team/person pinned (lowest scoring) gets match loss Overness points*****
Everyone except the losing team/person will get Promo Overness points.
* All Match Victory points are rewarded together. It works so that if you fit in to two of the “match victory” categories, you get points for both of them. So if you win the main PWA title on Thunder, you get 6 points for Win the WHC and you get 1point for winning a match on Thunder.
** As mentioned before, each week you will have the opportunity to cut promos promoting your own wrestler or harassing another. On any week where you win your match and also conduct a promo you gain one point. On weeks where you don't have a match, the authority may gran you the right to still submit a promo for 1 point of overness. This will be done on a case by case basis, as it is our goal to have everyone booked every week.
*** Pretty simple. Whoever gets the highest score during a PPV week receives a two point increase to their Overness for putting on a good show. In case of a tie, back-ups are used. If there is still a tie, the two (or more) people both receive two points.
**** Having a greater loss of points as you become more over is realistic in that you are expected to perform better by the audience, and so you are punished more readily for failing to do so. The purpose it serves in our fed is that it gives diminishing returns as you climb the card so that no one can pull too far away and become too over. Since title shots and match scheduling is determined largely by a wrestler's Overness, it is important that we keep everyone relatively close.
***** Exceptions are for Elimination style matches and matches that have a victor where someone doesn't have to get pinned/submitted(ie - ladder match)
In the event of a draw, both wrestlers receive Overness as if they had won the match. I think this makes sense because a draw in real wrestling tends to be the result of a close match, which generally puts both wrestlers more over with the audience. - liberty_JAC
I personally feel that 50 Overness coming in is a good number as it makes it more than possible to catch up to main event title holders (who I presume will be in the 70's) with the right amount of success, while, at the same time, rewards longevity and keeps newcomers from winning the main title within two weeks of entering the promotion. - liberty_JAC
Other info/Special cases/matches/miscellaneous
PWA Stipulation title Matches
- We attempt to only use stipulation matches(ladder, no DQ, etc) in PWA sparingly when it come to title shots. Most stipulation matches mean the champ would lose his/her champs advantage for that match, and it would be contested straight up. We already have a provision in place that if a champion had to use their champs advantage to retain a title shot, the challenger would be granted a rematch for the same title under one of these specialty matches where the champ would no longer have their advantage. This allows a champ to have an advantage, but cannot continue to rely on it for the entirety of their reign.
- However, we also want there to be the chance of these bigger stipulation matches to take place, but needed a system which was fair and didn't make anyone feel like we were unjustly putting champs into these type matches. The best way of doing this is to always align these types of matches with what WWE is doing on their PPV. So if WWE decided to have a six pack hell in a cell match for the IC title, we would mimic that match here in PWA for the same level of championship. Some of these matches are listed(but not limited to) below:
Hell in a Cell
Money in the Bank
We regularly have unique situations rise up with how things are scored. Many times there are lengthy conversations on the impact of scoring long term. And sometimes we make decisions that later must be changed for the good of the game. However, at no time will we change the way we score anything once a week starts. Updates on how to score can only be made before the picks are locked.
Some special cases:
Tag Turmoil / gauntlet matches: This is a series of matches where 2 people/teams square off, and when one person/team loses, a new person/team enters. This keeps going until the last person/team enters the match and we have a final winner. -- These are all being scored as separate matches, including any finishers that led to wins(FLTW) bonuses. For titles, only the winner of the final match would get points for winning/retaining a title.
Ironman, 2/3 fall matches, etc. -- As of Roadblock: End of the Line (2016), any 1v1/2v2/etc matches with multiple pinfalls will get credit for those pinfalls in the same way someone/team gets credit for eliminating someone from a match. (1 point for regular week, 2 points for PPV weeks).
Kayfabe match restarts: These are typically considered the same match, just "restarted". But sometimes WWE.com lists these as separate matches with varying results. When a match/results is in question, WWE.com is the overruling decider.
Any/all the above can be brought up for review as needed. However, still note that scoring will not change after a week locks
As a general rule, we generally will try to book heels against faces, to keep the card at least somewhat comparable to a real wrestling card. Sometimes we will be unable to do this, as the list of people on the overness chart could be weighted to one sice. Also since we book every single wrestler we have signed up for every single card, there might be more faces than heels, or vise-versa; or there could be dedicated triple threat or four way matches that offset the balance.
Regardless, for the most part, we will try to book heels against faces when we are capable of doing so. This will not effect your title chances. This can affect your title chances. (We used to avoid heel/heel or face/face title matches, but that became unfair to people that were ready for a title oprotunity, but were being held back solely cause of their alignment.. either forcing them to wait for an unknown amount of time, or turning when they didnt want to). Updated 06/2015
You may, of course, want to turn for whatever reason you like. Maybe you’re tired of your current disposition, maybe you are turning on your tag team partner or stable, or maybe you just want to try something new. Here are the rules for turning your wrestler:
You may turn you wrestler at any time, for any reason, immediately. All you need to do is let me know BEFORE the time-deadline for making your weekly picks ends. For example, you have until Monday before RAW begins taping to make picks during a normal week. The deadline for your picks is the same deadline for making a promo, and the same deadline for announcing your turn.
You may announce your turn in a promo, or you may just randomly post about it in the weekly thread. Alternatively, if you wish to keep it surprising, you may PM one of the Authority about it. Either way, we will make your turn a part of my results post for the weekly card.
When you turn, if you win your match, you get bonus points for your Overness. If you lose, you lose points. This is because of how silly you would look in real wrestling if you turned and then got your ass kicked.
You may only turn once every two months. So if you turn on August 27th, you may not turn again until October 28th. The reason for this should be obvious. Not only does it make it tougher for me to book if people are constantly turning, but it’s just kind of silly if your wrestler turns every other week. To add to that, we don't want to open up the possibility of abusing the turning system to try to boost their overness.
The PWA is currently accepting all new comers to the fed.
To create a PWA wrestler simply fill out the following form and post it in this thread. Obviously keep it realistic. You may only have one active male wrestler and one active female wrestler at a time.
Character Creation Form
(include nickname if applicable)
Height / Weight:
(heel / face / tweener)
(up to three)
(up to two)
If you are going on vacation, or expect to be away from your computer for whatever reason, then please just let someone in authority know somehow. If you let me know you will be gone, we will NOT schedule you, and you will not be obligated to post picks. But if we place you on the card, then you will be held responsible for not picking. This generally won't be a problem except if you are a title holder and you will be missing for a PPV week(or a week where you are expected to defend your title). If that happens, we may have to strip the titleholder and have two challengers for a vacant title. The stripped champion will not lose overness due to losing a title. We know this seems harsh, but the fed must go on and the PPVs are the most important dates.
The only way the PWA can run properly is if people participate every week by making their picks. So long as you make your picks, I have no reason to remove you from the roster. We generally do roster cleanup after every PPV.
*TAG TEAM / STABLE CREATION
Interested in joining with another wrestler to form a tag team? Or maybe you want to join with more than one to form a stable? Have someone from your group post your team/stable profile in here and you'll be on your way!
In case you were wondering, creating a tag team makes it more likely that I'll book you to fight for tag team gold, but does not ruin your chances for singles gold, so don't be afraid to team up!
And if you are creating a Stable that has a Tag Team within it then please post both forms in this thread, thanks.
Tag Team Form
(heel / face)
(heel / face)
(who in your stable wants to fight for tag titles, if anyone? Who is staying exclusively a singles wrestler? Freebird Rules do apply – i.e., three people can hold the tag titles and rotate for a match, which means all three will gain and lose points for winning/losing matches, or the tag team title, regardless of which two are in the match).
Refer to the official PWA spreadsheet for the roster and overness ratings. It will be updated each week when results for the shows are published. You can find it in shows' threads with the results.
*Title Match/Opprotunity information
- Title matches pit the current champion against the #1
contender. Often times the champion will have a Champions Advantage(CA). 10% bonus for Men's/Women's, 5% bonus for IC/Tag, and no bonus for the Pure champion. When a match doesn't give such an advantage(No holds barred, ladder, submission, cage, etc), no bonuses will be applied.
- Should a champion only retain their title via champs advantage, the challenger will be awarded a win and another opprotunity at the championship at the following PPV(the idea behind this is that all champs advantages kick in when the champ loses, but still retains their title... ie - countount, dq, etc). Should such a rematch like this happen, the rematch will be contested in a way that CA will not be included. Note - this does not guarantee that the rematch will be 1v1.
- To makes sure that we continue to be progressive and don't have the same people always fighting for the title, the max any pairing can have for a title is 3. After that that time, we will include another challenger(or challengers). A champ/challenger could theoretically trade the championship back and forth for several months. This makes sure that we don't lock out the rest of the roster for a long period of time.
- When an opprotunity comes up where we need a new challenger for the belt, overness will be the main determining factor in deciding who gets to be a part of the #1
contender's matches. The only restriction we have here is that a champ cannot go for a belt that is considered lower on the card than he is champion for.
Money in the bank(awarded once a year):
- MITB Holders must tell someone in the authority that they are cashing in on a given night.
- What is done for cash in.
1. Surprise cash-in: Challenger gets 2 extra picks and Champion gets CA.
2. Announced cash-in: Challenger does NOT get extra picks and Champion does NOT get CA. This would be the same as a stipulation match.
3. Mid-match cash-in: NOT ALLOWED!
- This title was rebranded from the Hardcore title
- There will be no champs advantage given in any title match
- Belt will be defended every week
- New challenger is determined by the highest score from the previous week(minus other single title holders) - This means that nearly everyone on the roster is just one week away from having a title opprotunity.
- Anyone that has successfully defended the belt 3 times in a row may trade their Pure Championship in for an IC title shot. (Theshold changed from 5 to 4 on 04/11/2016, Threshold change again from 4 to 3 on 02/22/19)
- Anyone that has defended the belt 6 times in a row may trade in their Pure championship for a World Heavyweight title shot. (Theshold changed from 10 to 8 on 04/11/2016, Threshold change again from 8 to 6 on 02/22/19)
- Title added 08/17/16
- [s]Belt will be defended every week[/b] - Belt will be defended every PPV against the highest scoring Women's Competitor over the last 4 weeks not already a champ or challenger for another title. And rematches will take place on Thunder. Updated 02/22/19
*Official Finisher List
PWA Finisher List
*PWA Hall of Records
Hall of Records Spreadsheet
Props to Spears
for all of the Photo Reps and to Leon Knuckles
for the PWA Logo