Was WrestleMania 35 overall better than 34? - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:36 PM

Re: Was WrestleMania 35 overall better than 34?

WM35 was a bit better that's not saying much.Both were horrendous but WM35 had two bright spots like Batistas last match and Kofi winning WWE title.
I can't remember a single positive thing about WM34.

Last edited by Bxstr; 04-13-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:38 PM

I'd say about the same.

For both shows, there was stuff I liked, stuff I didn't like, both shows were too long, and both shows peaked around the mid point. Neither was awful but were victims of the show being overly long.

WEEKDAY WARRIORS OF WRESTLING WEBSITE
=http://thebrainosaur.com

Follow Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pscrazyplace

WRESTLEMANIA WEEKEND IN REVIEW
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:44 PM

so I see it like this when comparing the two show's

the wwe universal title match 34/35...fan interest peaked by Hunter/steph vs Kurt/ronda , fan's showed clear frustration towards the main event and vented about it (34). Universal title match started the show off at a hot point and achieved it's objective to get the title on Rollins and start off in a way to keep the fan's happy.

WWE title match 34/35- The highly anticipated "dream" rematch between AJ styles and Shinsuke Nakamura fell short of expectations ...somewhat saved by a Heel turn at the end. 35 showed that the WWE would pull the trigger and give the fans what they wanted by giving Kofi the match and winning in an emotionally charged and electric title match between himself and Daniel Bryan.

women's title match 34/35 - Askua and Charlotte have a good championship match with Charlotte winning which some fan's were not happy about it due to the ending of Asuka's streak. 35 we finally see a fresh main event between the super hot Becky Lynch , Ronda Rousey and Charlotte a good match but fan's were clearly exhausted due to the length of the show and clearly wanted a one on one match between Becky/rousey...however the fan's got the outcome they hoped for.

so based on that I would say wrestle mania 35 was a better show but the length is an issue that needs to be addressed
Kowalski's Killer and DammitC like this.

Check Out My Youtube channel on for a different look at Pro wrestling and MMA: http://www.youtube.com/user/buffbeen...confirmation=1
***edited sig for exceeding limit***

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:11 PM

Both were shit shows. But at least WM 34 had some enjoyable moments and surprises. Such as aj and brock retaining. Taker squashing cena. Ronda's first match actually being quite fun and much better than expected. WM 35 on the other hand had a very weak card. None of the matches felt special or WM worthy. The only enjoyable moments for me personally with WM 35 was kofi winning and the nostalgia I got from hhh vs batista and miz vs shane(that felt like a nice throwback to AE type match). The rest was shit and I can't believe I sat through 7 hours of that garbage.

So if I had to choose it would be WM 34. Brock retaining over roman was one of the biggest mark out moments I have had as a wrestling fan. It had been a long time since I had been surprised by a booking decision at that point. I loved it.

Last edited by AttitudeEraMark4Life; 04-13-2019 at 07:17 PM.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 10:33 PM

Yes and it’s not even close. Just for the fact that the fans chanted “This is awful” during the Reigns/Lesnar match. Plus all the Babyfaces (Seth, Becky and Kofi) won and were over. And nothing in 34 was as good as D Bryan vs Kofi Kingston.
DammitC likes this.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:03 AM
E:16

Ronda debut was one of my favourite matches of all time from a theatre point of view. But it also has braun and that gimmick with the kid, old man taker squashing Cena and RR v Lesnar.

35 didn't have much, good or bad so yeah, it's not as bad as 34. Wasn't good though.

HE'S UNHINGED
HE'S CRAZY MACKLE
THE LUNATIC FRINGE IS HERE
WE GOT US A FLYIN LUNATIC MACKLE
AH!
AMBROSE IS INSANE
HE'S CRAZY MACKLE
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttitudeEraMark4Life View Post
Both were shit shows. But at least WM 34 had some enjoyable moments and surprises. Such as aj and brock retaining. Taker squashing cena. Ronda's first match actually being quite fun and much better than expected. WM 35 on the other hand had a very weak card. None of the matches felt special or WM worthy. The only enjoyable moments for me personally with WM 35 was kofi winning and the nostalgia I got from hhh vs batista and miz vs shane(that felt like a nice throwback to AE type match). The rest was shit and I can't believe I sat through 7 hours of that garbage.

So if I had to choose it would be WM 34. Brock retaining over roman was one of the biggest mark out moments I have had as a wrestling fan. It had been a long time since I had been surprised by a booking decision at that point. I loved it.
Felt the same way about Rollins winning this year.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit

Favourite(s): Bryan, AJ, Seth, Ziggler, Zayn, KO, Dean, Cesaro

Wrestlemania 35 was definitely way better. It was probably the best Wrestlemania we've had since 2014 (Wrestlemania 30).

Just compare these 2 shows:

Wrestlemania 34 had:

- Cedric Alexander vs Mustafa Ali for the CW title (pretty decent match on the pre-show)

- The Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor for the IC title (very good opener)

- Charlotte Flair vs Asuka for the SD Women's title (very good match despite the ending)

- Triple H/Stephanie McMahon vs Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousey (good match that exceeded expectations)

- Shane McMahon/Daniel Bryan vs Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn (pretty decent match that had Bryan RETURNING to compete for the 1st time since 2015)

- AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE title (good match that's underrated to me)

Wrestlemania 35 had:

- Buddy Murphy vs Tony Nese for the Cruiserweight title (good match on the pre-show)

- Seth Rollins winning the U-title (bringing back the world championship back on Raw to a babyface who's really over)

- AJ Styles vs Randy Orton (pretty decent match)

- Usos vs Bar vs Shinsuke Nakamura/Rusev vs Ricochet/Aleister Black for the SD Tag titles (very good match)

- Shane McMahon vs The Miz Falls Count Anywhere match (pretty decent match that exceeded expectations)

- Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston for the WWE title (great match and a MOTY candidate)

- That Elias/John Cena segment (with Cena bringing back his Doctor of Thuganomics shtick)

- Batista vs Triple H Street Fight (pretty decent match that exceeded some expectations)

- Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch for both Women's titles (pretty good main-event despite the flat finish)

Wrestlemania 35 wins easily here.

Hell, just the Bryan/Kofi match and fact that the top 3 popular babyfaces (Rollins/Kofi/Becky) won their respective world titles beats Wrestlemania 34 overall alone.

https://1prso3391sqpaf1e11k5i8s1-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/smackdown-1-660x330.jpg

Are you having trouble having access to my older rating threads? Did you forget to vote for one of the currently rated talents? Click on the link below, search through my RTC threads, and bump up any of my old rating threads so you can still get your votes counted in

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/565609-dammitc.html
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:34 PM

I'd give the edge to Wrestlemania 35 just because it didn't feature Reigns in the main event. Both shows did not feel like or have the same buzz as Wrestlemanias from the past.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:39 PM
Roy "Gambit" Mustang

Easily WM35. Most fun WM for me since WM30
DammitC likes this.

IT FUCKING HAPPENED