Over production of WrestleMania - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Over production of WrestleMania

Following on from the my my thread of the main forum a few weeks ago on the over production of Wwe as whole, having just watched wrestlemania it brought it back to me. Everything is so over produced & forced it’s hard to watch & doesn’t come across well on TV. Before I start I was a hardcore fan from the late 80’s to say 2010ish then I just dip in catch up with highlights etc. I do have the network for old stuff & the documentaries & shows like mania.

Right back to the overproduction.

Take it back to arena’s, for the tv viewer it stadiums are no where near as good as arenas. Think back to the likes of x7 yes I know it’s a different time & crowd but the atmosphere of the crowd comes across so much bigger & instense it really is lost in a stadium especially when the crowd isn’t interested in the match.

Signs- Wwe producing their own signs for Becky etc is so forced. There were 1 or 2 personally made signs but those tiny signs look pathetic.

Forcing segments in that just don’t work, the r truth part was stupid the host concept is daft as well.

Entrances- some of them are so long they just fall flat. The Charlotte one whilst might look good for a few shots, it went on for so long to land the helicopter with her just sat their in silence didn’t work. Same with triple h’s entrance.

Those awful graphics they put on for entrances- the snake for Orton is terrible. Even the dx one with the DX graphic it was 100 times better when they cut between the video & the wrestler during the entrance.

The commentary there’s no urgency that gets you invested in the match, it’s slow & ponderous with monotone pitch just comes across flat uninspired.

There’ll be plenty more that haven’t sprung to mind but when I think of the them I’ll post them.
Piper's Pit likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:08 PM
The Empire will Reign again

Re: Over production of wrestlemania

Most of those things, if they didn't do for WM, you'd accuse the biggest event of the year of feeling no different that Raw. What's wrong with a little pomp and circumstance, that's literally what WrestleMania was founded on.

Shilling for Xia Li, Aliyah, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

You can do things bigger but if your going to do them do them better. I’ve liked a lot of entrances in the past, but these didn’t work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:19 PM

i will never be mad at WWE for going TOO far when it comes to entrances, decorations, etc. Pomp and cirumstance for wrestlemania is a must and at this point, doing an arena would make it feel like any other night. This is one of those few times when things feel and look diferent.

Honestly, if anything, i thought this years entrance ramp was the worst in a while. Very unimaginative, bland, boring. Kinda disappointing.

Yes, the announcers suck. michael cole and renee are awful.

And yes Triple H is an ego maniac with his entrances. It feels like a rib at this point. Like someone backstage is trying to come up with the doucheiest most douchey entrance of all time and sure enough Triple H "i love it".
Chris JeriG.O.A.T likes this.

the brand split sucks
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:40 PM
wrestleMANia

Favourite(s): Omega, Rollins, Stone Cold, HBK

Now we are complaining about WWE trying to make Wrestlemania stand out ?

Get a grip.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:43 PM

I thought the CGI overlay was pretty novel.

I dont understand why they suddenly stopped halfway through the show.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

I’ll rephrase I don’t mind them going big i do like them making it different to everything else. I wish they’d make efforts for rumbles, summer slam & survivor series also. It just feel they produce them wrong. There’s no anticipation to anything I really thought the hhh entrance took away from what was supposed to be a bitter fued.

I guess you can look at the builds to the fueds that get the crowds invested but, it seeing dead crowds for virtually all the matches doesn’t look good to the tv viewer.

The way Wwe treats every backstage skit as some sort of comedic masterpiece is terrible. They need to build the fueds through the night build the anticipation to matches. Even the video packages aren’t as good as they used to be.

Those graphics look second rate though.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:13 AM
AEW Can't Come Soon Enough

Re: Over production of WrestleMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufc1992 View Post

Take it back to arenaís, for the tv viewer it stadiums are no where near as good as arenas. Think back to the likes of x7 yes I know itís a different time & crowd but the atmosphere of the crowd comes across so much bigger & instense it really is lost in a stadium especially when the crowd isnít interested in the match.
You do know Wrestlemania X7 was in the astrodome right? that is not an arena. totally ruins your point, since they can get that atmosphere in a stadium if people just cared about the product.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:27 AM
I got too much money, I don't know which drugs that I want

I liked the simple stage and the big ass tron. It was simple yet aesthetically pleasing.

KNIGHT KING KNUCKLES

5x PWA WORLD CHAMPION
2x PWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION
8x PWA TAG TEAM CHAMPION [current]
11x PWA PURE CHAMPION
2x PWA WOMENS CHAMPION
13x PWA PRESTIGE CHAMPION

JOIN PWA TODAY
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:28 AM
Custom User Title

Vince's vision of wrestling, and specifically WrestleMania is for it to be the biggest spectacle in the world.
That's why pro wrestling has always been secondary if not a "four letter word" in WWE.
They're trying to be for the people that watch the Super Bowl for the halftime show and commercials, not the actual football.

Even looking back to WM 1 and each year on, WWE/F pushed the limits of current technology, production, and gimmicky hokey BS.
If a thing Vince thinks is cutting edge exists and is in budget, that shits happening at Mania.