Pat McAfee Almost Walked Out Of WWE WrestleMania After Michael Cole Yelled At Him - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Marathon Continues

Re: Pat McAfee Almost Walked Out Of WWE WrestleMania After Michael Cole Yelled At Him

Why would you wear shorts at your job's biggest event? That's pure stupid.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:16 AM

Re: Pat McAfee Almost Walked Out Of WWE WrestleMania After Michael Cole Yelled At Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaird View Post
So many wrong reactions in my eyes to this...

- yes the outfit is ridiculous and I will never consider anyone who wears this as fashionable/cool/hip/whatever

- why does Cole have to yell at him in front of everyone? Pull him to the side real quick and have a quiet chat about your issues and concerns, dont dress him down in front of everyone

- why would you quit over this as Pat said he was ready to do? Why would you not stand up for yourself and tell Cole to "go fuck himself" in front of everyone after he yelled at you in front of everyone...this kind of makes him look weak to me.

Im glad they got it all worked out and all sides seem fine with how everything went but I just dont like how Cole or Pat handled themselves during this.
Cole was out of order, hence the apology but McAfee was entirely in the wrong - he was told "no jorts" and decided to be super fucking pedantic and work suit shorts? At WWE's biggest event of the year?

Clearly a huge dick.
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Sam Roberts, Paul Heyman, Pat McAfee, Bryon Saxton

Chris JeriG.O.A.T likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:24 AM
HEADBANGA

If Michael Cole tried to punk me in front of everyone I'd fucking walk out too!

Quote:
I am the New Game. When I am defending my title I'm defending it in GOD MODE! -EC3
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
"YEAH PAL, I'M HIP"

post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaird View Post
So many wrong reactions in my eyes to this...

- yes the outfit is ridiculous and I will never consider anyone who wears this as fashionable/cool/hip/whatever

- why does Cole have to yell at him in front of everyone? Pull him to the side real quick and have a quiet chat about your issues and concerns, dont dress him down in front of everyone

- why would you quit over this as Pat said he was ready to do? Why would you not stand up for yourself and tell Cole to "go fuck himself" in front of everyone after he yelled at you in front of everyone...this kind of makes him look weak to me.

Im glad they got it all worked out and all sides seem fine with how everything went but I just dont like how Cole or Pat handled themselves during this.
Agree with the both but the last. When you're getting dressed down and humilliated in front of everyone like that, you're probably not gonna be thinking straight and you're just concentrating at restraining yourself. When the dust cleared and Pat could clear his thoughts for a bit, he probably realized that he didn't need to take any of this shit and he'd rather just quit.

Corpse Party Mafia Coming Soon.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rOEbSEt7zrY/maxresdefault.jpg
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

This is why there should be WWE uniforms.

Mugging of Cena and jroc72191 like this.
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEvans View Post
Cole was out of order, hence the apology but McAfee was entirely in the wrong - he was told "no jorts" and decided to be super fucking pedantic and work suit shorts? At WWE's biggest event of the year?

Clearly a huge dick.
They arent jorts technically but I do get your point and agree at the biggest event of the year, a little more professionalism is to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughable Chimp View Post
Agree with the both but the last. When you're getting dressed down and humilliated in front of everyone like that, you're probably not gonna be thinking straight and you're just concentrating at restraining yourself. When the dust cleared and Pat could clear his thoughts for a bit, he probably realized that he didn't need to take any of this shit and he'd rather just quit.
I may be different. I have had people who dont have authority over me attempt to dress me down in front of co workers before. I dont wait until its behind closed doors, I just reacted and spoke what I wanted. Nothing was unprofessional and there was no yelling, I just dont like him telling someone else to go tell Cole to go fuck himself, stand up for yourself you go tell him.

If someone has an issue with how Im doing things, there are ways to address that and yelling at someone in front of their co workers is not the way to do it. A boss doing it is one thing but just another co worker, naw.
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:04 PM

Not something you make public if you accept the apology and want to move on with things. Did he just decide to tell this story or was he asked about it because it leaked elsewhere? If it's the former it's wholly unprofessional in it's own right and done for the sole purpose of embarrassing Michael Cole who you said gave you a legit, heartfelt apology.

McMahon and WWE value McAffee because he has MSM crossover potential and probably want him for SDL because he's an ex-NFL'er and SDL wants to go more sports-based.
Mugging of Cena and jroc72191 like this.

Last edited by DetroitRiverPhx; 04-11-2019 at 12:06 PM.
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:10 PM

I mean, you think it would be common knowledge to not wear shorts on their biggest show of the year, much less at all when your supposed to look professional for the most part.

I mean yeah it's kind of a dick thing to call him out for.....but they're fucking shorts. Again, common knowledge.
herbski likes this.