WWE WrestleMania 35 Official Discussion Thread - Page 4 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

3069Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 06:37 PM

After Smackdown (mainly the addition of the SD Tag Title Match and another issue), I have updated my Wrestlemania predictions. Here they are:

WINNER TAKE ALL:
RAW AND SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIPS

RONDA ROUSEY (c. RAW) vs. CHARLOTTE FLAIR (c. SD) vs. BECKY LYNCH:

Everyone has Becky leaving victorious...however, we know how stubborn they (Vince) are. Becky has the people solidly behind her (though the passion seems to be fading a little due to the bad booking of this feud) and Ronda has the people solidly against her. Well, Charlotte has not been shown to belong here, but obviously has management solidly behind her as they insist she should be a part of this match and have tried over the last two weeks to push her ahead of the other two competitors. On RAW she was made to look the strongest in the chaos. It is time for Ronda to lose the strap and this will be the stage it happens even if she does not drop the fall. However, management will give the WWE Universe what THEY (Vince) want(s) rather than what the people want as they usually do!

WINNER: Charlotte Flair (Retains SD Women's Title and wins RAW Women's Title)

WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP

BROCK LESNAR (c.) vs. SETH ROLLINS

Another match where the winner seems obvious..right? Just like everyone thought Brock was losing the strap at WM last year right? With all the UFC rumors, WWE may not balk at the opportunity of having the publicity of having their champion in the Octagon. Plus, now with Roman back, but even if he still was on the shelf, Seth is not the guy to dethrone Brock...especially without help. Braun Strowman should have been the guy here if you really wanted a title change and would be as close to believable with getting the win here. Also a Braun win here would have positioned him nicely to have feuds with heavy hitters like Lashley, Drew and even Samoa Joe (who would obviously have to come over in the draft) before of course dropping it to Roman. Unfortunately, Brock's hostage situation with the company's top prize continues until they find a way to get it back on Roman or even turn Brock face and have him drop it to Drew McIntyre. Seth goes to Smackdown in the draft and eventually becomes champ over there.

WINNER: Brock Lesnar (retains title)

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

DANIEL BRYAN (c.) vs. KOFI KINGSTON

The best build up of any match on the card. Expect more obstacles hurled from Vince before and during the match. Also, Vince will get his "comeuppance" in some way whether from the New Day beating it out of him or a miscue that costs Bryan the match after all else failed. Kofi will win the big one here one way or another even if his reign is a short one. The reception for Kofi before, during and after the match will be something to behold as evidenced last night on Smackdown.

WINNER: Kofi Kingston (wins WWE Title)

NO HOLDS BARRED

TRIPLE H vs. BATISTA

Just what we needed: a match pitting two 50 year olds with a nonsensical build...why does Batista want to face a guy he beat in EVERY 1 on 1 encounter they had again????? Trips is not retiring....at least not like this and not now! I think he realizes as a huge part of running the business that his last match should be used to build an active wrestler up rather than a less than part-timer. Expect a match similar to his match with Sting at WM 31 and an appearance from Flair and DX.

WINNER: Triple H

FAREWELL TO A LEGEND

KURT ANGLE vs. BARON CORBIN

You may get this match if even for a moment, but WWE will not let the crowd crap all over a legend's last match. Super Cena will come and save the day....and this time, it will actually be welcomed (despite reports he will not be involved in this story)!

WINNER: Kurt Angle

Which leads us to the real match:

KURT ANGLE vs. JOHN CENA

It will not be one of their classics from the Ruthless Aggression Era, but it will be enough to provide the feel good send off a legend like Kurt deserves. Cena will put Kurt away with an AA and the embrace and curtain call from Angle will follow.

WINNER: John Cena (as well as Kurt Angle and the WWE Universe as our last glimpse of Kurt as an active competitor will not be a loss to Baron Corbin)

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

SHANE MCMAHON vs. THE MIZ

Miz deserves better and Shane does not need to wrestle another match in his life! However, Miz can't be the heel we all know and love being that there is a reality show presenting him as a loving husband and father. A big babyface run is on the horizon, but WWE needs to build sympathy for him...so, expect a loss here after interference from Miz's next feud (either or both Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens who will bury the hatchet and align with Shane).

WINNER: Shane McMahon

AJ STYLES vs. RANDY ORTON

What probably should have been the Smackdown Main Event for the WWE title will be a candidate for "show stealer". There only televised 1 on 1 encounter of note a couple of years ago saw Orton emerge victorious to get the shot at Bray Wyatt's WWE Title (yes, Bray once existed and was champion). I expect AJ to go over here in a phenomenal match (pun intended).

WINNER: AJ STYLES

ANDRE THE GIANT-
MEMORIAL BATTLE ROYAL

Is anything going to matter other than Braun chasing after 2 guys from Saturday Night Live? NOPE!!!!!

WINNER: Braun Strowman

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

SAMOA JOE (c.) vs. ???????

Joe finally gets a match at Wrestlemania after being excluded 2 years ago (probably punishment for injuring Rollins and almost causing the cancelation of the HHH vs. Rollins for a 2nd straight year) and being injured last year (though he returned the night after WM). I had Joe going over Mysterio and retaining, but it is apparent Rey will not be able to compete. Many will suspect Cena to fill the void, but I do not because I believe the WWE will not let a situation where the fans actually WANT Cena go by (vs. Angle) Others will claim Undertaker, but the US Title being in play eliminates that theory IMO as Taker's championship days are behind him and management clearly does not view Joe as worthy enough to beat him...especially at WM. Kevin Owen's has an opening now to get a meaningful spot on the card and I could see him placed here and moving into the feud with Miz (noted above) as long as this match is placed before Miz's. Maybe Big E rides the wave of positivity
and goes for gold to be able to celebrate with Kofi. Then there is Bray Wyatt who we have not seen in a LONG time and has been sporting a new look from pics on social media. Bray may be the one, but
I will roll with the prediction that an NXT call up (Lars?) will shock Joe and leave with the belt.

WINNER: ?????? (new US Champion)

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

BOBBY LASHLEY (c.) vs. FINN BĀLOR

We learned The Demon will be the one challenging Lashley for the belt...the one who DIDN'T show up to slay Lesnar the beast! Balor will find what he needs from his alter ego to win and walk away with the IC belt.

WINNER: Finn Bālor (new IC Champion)

ROMAN REIGNS vs. DREW MCINTYRE

The Big Dog is back and is actually getting cheered (though not the way WWE wanted). Drew is arguably the hottest heel and will need to remain hot as a future champion. The unthinkable will happen and Drew will get the win here to raise him up to championship contender level. Roman will get his win and revenge another day, but not on this night.

WINNER: Drew McIntyre

WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

BAYLEY/SASHA BANKS (c.) vs.
BETH PHOENIX/NATALYA vs.
THE IICONICS vs.
NIA JAX/TAMINA

This will be the usual cluster*** these multi-person/team matches are. It is too soon for Sasha and Bayley to lose and they will not. They will get the fall by defeating one of the IIconics as revenge for their loss on SD last week. Look for them to be challenged by Beth and Nattie at the next PPV.

WINNERS: Bayley/Sasha Banks
(retain titles)

CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

BUDDY MURPHY (c.) vs. TONY NESE

Typical Cruiserweight match with a few high spots that ends with the champion retaining on the pre-show.

WINNER: Buddy Murphy (retains title)

SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM-CHAMPIONSHIP

THE USOS (c) vs.
RICOCHET/ALEISTER BLACK vs.
THE BAR vs.
RUSEV/SHINSUKE NAKAMURA

Another cluster*** that these multi-person/team matches bring. You will get a few spectacular moments and Ricochet will deliver one that will be remembered. Ricochet and Black are hot and will eventually get their hands on tag team gold from either the red or blue brand, but I don't see the Usos dropping the belts here. Usos retain by pinning either one of the members of The Bar or Rusev/Nakamura.

WINNERS: The Usos (retain titles)

WRESTLEMANIA WOMEN'S-
BATTLE ROYAL

To appease the 20 people that felt Asuka was screwed out of her "moment" as well as her title, she will go over here in an attempt to ward off chants for her during the "Main Event"

WINNER: Asuka

ELIAS' MUSICAL PERFORMANCE

Elias craps all over the crowd and has a few interruptions. Finally Undertaker interrupts and tombstones Elias to the delight of the crowd.

That's how I see it...what do you think??

Last edited by cai1981; 04-04-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 08:56 PM
Greek God of Knowledge

Re: WWE WrestleMania 35 Official Discussion Thread

You know, all things considered this is actually not a bad card. A lot of the matches have pretty decent potential. While I don't see anything being all time classics, there aren't a lot of matches apart from Corbin/Angle and Lashley/Balor that have the chance of being utter shit. I expect a lot of consistently good matches if they take advantage of the shit load of time being provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
WWE ending TNA's decade long year of dominance
Never change
post #33 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 09:06 PM
Lacey threw one knockout punch, managed to put the whole building to sleep.

Worst Mania build of all time, but it definitely won't be the worst card ever. Pretty hard to beat XI for that title.
Punk_316 and PresidentGasman like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:57 PM
THE MAN has come around to collect. #Becky2Belts

Favourite(s): Becky Lynch, Almas, Samoa Joe, Sonya Deville, Usos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateDemise View Post
You know, all things considered this is actually not a bad card. A lot of the matches have pretty decent potential. While I don't see anything being all time classics, there aren't a lot of matches apart from Corbin/Angle and Lashley/Balor that have the chance of being utter shit. I expect a lot of consistently good matches if they take advantage of the shit load of time being provided.
No not at all actually. The build has just been so fuckin bad that most don't even care.

"I know I'm a marked woman, but just remember, I'm the read head in leather, with 2 shiny titles, ready to slap the heads off you all!!!" - THE MAN
post #35 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 01:39 AM

Favourite(s): Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, The Miz, Sasha, Bayley

That be awesome if Austin come out to celebrate Beckys win

I hope Asuka does win

Just leaks spoilers, Can change

Credit: TheSportsEntertainer

post #36 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
This Is Confusion, Am I Confusing You
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Not made by me, but thought I'd post it in here for anyone wanting to make predictions on it

You can find my wrestling match reviews HERE:
http://zep81wrestlingreviews.blogspot.co.uk/
post #37 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:39 PM

Becky is currently the main headline and pic on the ESPN website right now
post #38 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:29 PM

some sweet drawings there.
post #39 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:35 PM
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!

I have been a fan of pro wrestling since I was 4 years old and this will be my 1st Mania. And while the product lately has been disappointing, I cant help but be excited for such a huge event.

I am hoping that Brock/Seth, AJ/Orton, Joe/Rey, Bryan/Kofi, and the womens 3 way all deliver as those are my most anticipated matches.
omni009 likes this.
post #40 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateDemise View Post
this, WM 31 had an absolute shit bulid but was a pretty decent PPV, we might be able to say the same for this. but then again who knows with Vince.