WWE WrestleMania 35 Official Discussion Thread - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

3069Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:08 AM
Thank you Dean. <3

Favourite(s): Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns

Re: WWE WrestleMania 35 Official Discussion Thread

I'll be there, third row ringside on the TV side

I'm not worried about how long it'll be on, I've been to the last four Manias, I'm prepared lol. TBH I'm more worried about how cold it's gonna get when it hits midnight cos of the open roof
jbl21 and TD Stinger like this.

Met Dean on March 28 2015/April 2 2016/August 20 2016/April 1 2017 & April 7 2019!!
Met Roman on April 2 2016 & April 7 2018. Met Seth on March 31 2017 & April 6 2019!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:24 AM
Some may never live, but the crazy never die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Stinger View Post
This is going to be a long ass show with plenty of great moments and plenty of dumb ones as well.

See you all next Sunday for the fuckery.
You forgot the most important part, brutha. Return of DONNIE

post #13 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:54 PM

The 35th Wrestlemania takes place this Sunday. Here are my predictions:

Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair
vs. Becky Lynch

Everyone has Becky leaving victorious...however, we know how stubborn they (Vince) are. Becky has the people solidly behind her (though the passion seems to be fading a little due to the bad booking of this feud) and Ronda has the people solidly against her. Well, Charlotte has not been shown to belong here, but obviously has management solidly behind her as they insist she should be a part of this match and have tried over the last 2 weeks to push her ahead of the other 2. Last night, she was made to look the strongest in the chaos. It is time for Ronda to lose the strap and this will be the stage it happens even if she does not drop the fall. However, management will give the WWE Universe what THEY (Vince) want rather than what the people want as they usually do!

WINNER: Charlotte Flair

Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins

Another match where the winner seems obvious..right? Just like everyone thought Brock was losing the strap at WM last year right? With all the UFC rumors, WWE may not balk at the opportunity of having the publicity of having their champion in the Octagon. Plus, now with Roman back but even if he still was on the shelf, Seth is not the guy to dethrone Brock...especially without help. Braun Strowman should have been the guy here if you really wanted a title change and would be as close to believable with getting the win here. Also a Braun win here would have positioned him nicely to have feuds with heavy hitters like Lashley, Drew and even Samoa Joe (who would obviously have to come over in the draft) before of course dropping it to Roman. Unfortunately, Brock's hostage situation with the company's top prize continues until they find a way to get it back on Roman or even turn Brock face and have him drop it to Drew McIntyre. Seth goes to Smackdown in the draft and eventually becomes champ over there.

WINNER: Brock Lesnar (sigh)

Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston

The best build up of any match on the card. However, expect more obstacles hurled from Vince on tonight's episode of Smackdown and even at the show itself. However, Vince will get his "comeuppance" in some way whether from the New Day beating it out of him or a miscue that costs Bryan the match after all else failed. Kofi will win the big one here one way or another even if his reign is a short one.

WINNER: Kofi Kingston

Triple H vs. Batista

Just what we needed: a match pitting two 50 year olds with a nonsensical build...why does Batista want to face a guy he beat in every 1 on 1 encounter they had again????? Trips is not retiring....at least not like this and not now! I think he realizes as a huge part of running the business that his last match should be used to build an active wrestler up rather than a less than part-timer. Expect a match similar to his match with Sting at WM 31 and an appearance from Flair and DX.

WINNER: Triple H

Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin

You may get this match if even for a moment, but WWE will not let the crowd crap all over a legend's last match. Super Cena will come and save the day....and this time, it will actually be welcomed (despite reports he will not be involved in this story)!

WINNER: Kurt Angle

Which leads us to the real match:

Kurt Angle vs. John Cena

It will not be one of there classics from the Ruthless Aggression Era, but it will be enough to provide the feel good send off a legend like Kurt deserves. Cena will put Kurt away with an AA and the embrace and curtain call from Angle will follow.

WINNER: John Cena (as well as Kurt Angle and the WWE Universe as our last glimpse of Kurt as an active competitor will not be a loss to Baron Corbin)

Shane McMahon vs. The Miz

Miz deserves better and Shane does not need to wrestle another match in his life! However, Miz can't be the heel we all know and love being that there is a reality show showing him as a loving husband and father. A big babyface run is on the horizon, but WWE needs to build sympathy for him so expect a loss here after interference from Miz's next feud (either or both Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens who will bury the hatchet and align with Shane).

WINNER: Shane McMahon

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

What probably should have been the Smackdown Main Event for the WWE title will be a candidate for "show stealer". There only televised 1 on 1 encounter of note a couple of years ago saw Orton emerge victorious to get the shot at Bray Wyatt's WWE Title (yes, Bray once existed and was champion). I expect AJ to go over here.

WINNER: AJ Styles

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Is anything going to matter other than Braun chasing after 2 guys from Saturday Night Live? Probably not!!!

WINNER: Braun Strowman

Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio

Joe finally gets a match at Wrestlemania after being excluded 2 years ago (probably punishment for injuring Rollins and almost causing the cancelation of the HHH vs. Rollins for a 2nd straight year) and being injured last year (though he returned the night after WM). Rey pinned Joe along the way, but will not do so again here. Joe catches Rey in the clutch and puts him to sleep to retain.

WINNER: Samoa Joe

Bobby Lashley vs. Finn Bálor

We learned The Demon will be the one challenging Lashley for the belt...the one who didn't show up to slay Lesnar the beast! Balor will find what he needs to win and walk away with the IC belt.

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre

The Big Dog is back and is actually getting cheered (though not the way WWE wanted). Drew is arguably the hottest heel and will need to remain hot as a future champion. The unthinkable happens and Drew gets the win here to raise him up to championship level. Roman will get his win and revenge another day, but not on this night.

WINNER: Drew McIntyre

The Boss 'n' Hug Connection (Bayley and Sasha Banks) vs. The Divas of Doom (Beth Phoenix and Natalya) vs. The IIconics (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce) vs. Nia Jax and Tamina

This will be the usual cluster*** these multi-person/team matches are. It is too soon for Sasha and Bayley to lose and they will not. They will get the fall by defeating one of the IIconics as revenge for their loss in SD last week. Look for them to be challenged by Beth and Nattie at the next PPV.

Buddy Murphy vs. Tony Nese

Typical Cruiserweight match with the champion retaining on the pre-show.

WINNER: Buddy Murphy

WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal

To appease the 20 people that felt Asuka was screwed out of her "moment" as well as her title, she will go over here in an attempt to ward off chants for her during the "Main Event"

WINNER: Asuka

That's how I see it...what do you think.

Last edited by cai1981; 04-03-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Sorceress Supreme of Planet Mayu (Formerly Mars)

Favourite(s): Asuka, Françoise Hardy, Shigeru Mizuki, Lugosi

Re: WRESTLEMANIA 35 PREDICTIONS

I think there will be a considerable amount of pinheadery.

post #15 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 06:41 PM

Looks like rain is in the forecast for Sunday. High of 61. Fitting if this is the WM that it finally rains.
post #16 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Thank you Dean. <3

Favourite(s): Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns

Weather.com says the chance of rain on Sunday is only 20% and the forecast is cloudy.

Met Dean on March 28 2015/April 2 2016/August 20 2016/April 1 2017 & April 7 2019!!
Met Roman on April 2 2016 & April 7 2018. Met Seth on March 31 2017 & April 6 2019!!

post #17 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:07 PM
THE MAN has come around to collect. #Becky2Belts

Favourite(s): Becky Lynch, Almas, Samoa Joe, Sonya Deville, Usos

I can't wait to see The Man holding all the gold. Especially after tonights go home segment in my hometown of Baltimore. I wish I was there live.

Add the SD Tag match and the planned Cena impromptu and that's 16 matches. Then you have the long entrances and Alexa Bliss and Elias wasting time all night. 8-9 hours here we come.
jbl21 likes this.

"I know I'm a marked woman, but just remember, I'm the read head in leather, with 2 shiny titles, ready to slap the heads off you all!!!" - THE MAN

Last edited by prosperwithdeen; 04-02-2019 at 10:10 PM.
post #18 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Lifting weights and eating steaks.

8 fucking hours for this shit

How long is the pre-show?
post #19 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Some may never live, but the crazy never die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
8 fucking hours for this shit

How long is the pre-show?
2Hrs

post #20 of 5999 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Here Comes The Money

Glad, I took a vacation around WrestleMania weekend. Working an 8 hour shift and then fighting to stay up another 8 hours for this? Got to witness what good moments and possible fuckery this ppv unleashes.

https://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic623921_1.gif