AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:04 PM

Re: Possible unpopular opinion: Orton needs to go over Styles

Should be a fun match, I have Styles winning. Neither guy needs the rub of going over 1 another though.

(Meme courtesy of a google image search)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:33 PM

The most interesting part of this match is that neither really needs to go over the other. Although I agree that AJ needs something to freshen up his character, but at the same time I worry about the heel turn becoming a crutch when a face turns stale (s'why I'm worried about Miz. In the feud with Shane I'm sure he'll be fine, but this is WWE where faces go to die).
post #23 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenNoah View Post
The most interesting part of this match is that neither really needs to go over the other. Although I agree that AJ needs something to freshen up his character, but at the same time I worry about the heel turn becoming a crutch when a face turns stale (s'why I'm worried about Miz. In the feud with Shane I'm sure he'll be fine, but this is WWE where faces go to die).
Neither needs to go over, but I think we could get a better story out of a bitter Aj coming up short at Mania.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:43 PM
Scarring the Night Sky

I wouldn't mind either man going over. It's one of those matches where either outcome would make sense and you know the match itself is going to be fantastic. However, if the story is going to continue after WM, Orton winning would make more sense.
AllenNoah likes this.

post #25 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:52 PM
Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald-fire View Post
I wouldn't mind either man going over. It's one of those matches where either outcome would make sense and you know the match itself is going to be fantastic. However, if the story is going to continue after WM, Orton winning would make more sense.
it’d be cool if Randy Orton beats Styles clean at Mania. Then at the next ppv, AJ Styles beats Orton but in a screwy fashion resulting in a double turn. Orton wouldn’t even have to be a full on face, he could be a tweener maybe.
AllenNoah and emerald-fire like this.
post #26 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Scarring the Night Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanMoxbrose View Post
it’d be cool if Randy Orton beats Styles clean at Mania. Then at the next ppv, AJ Styles beats Orton but in a screwy fashion resulting in a double turn. Orton wouldn’t even have to be a full on face, he could be a tweener maybe.
Orton already beat Styles clean once before. If Orton does go over, I do think it should be clean again but I'd also like to see Styles get at least one clean win in the feud. Maybe he turns heel in the third match leading to a double turn or they form an alliance/tag team. That could be great.

post #27 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 04:08 PM

Styles doesn't need to freshen up his character in my opinion. We just need to see less of him. That's the main issue with the main roster is overexposure. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you are showing up every single week wrestling matches that don't mean anything, then you are going to get stale.

The change that he needs is to be off of TV for a while. Then show up less often after that. Same goes for the whole roster honestly. Just have them do dark matches so the live crowd doesn't get upset about not seeing them.
AllenNoah likes this.
post #28 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Thriller View Post
Styles doesn't need to freshen up his character in my opinion. We just need to see less of him. That's the main issue with the main roster is overexposure. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you are showing up every single week wrestling matches that don't mean anything, then you are going to get stale.

The change that he needs is to be off of TV for a while. Then show up less often after that. Same goes for the whole roster honestly. Just have them do dark matches so the live crowd doesn't get upset about not seeing them.
I just think he needs one last title reign preferably on Raw as a heel. Then I won’t mind seeing less of him. It’s just I’d like to see him accomplish a few more things in wwe before winding his career down.
post #29 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 05:42 PM
Under Jolly Roger

Re: AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

I'm tentatively excited about this match. It's very rare nowadays that Orton gives a shit about working hard, but I'm hoping that with this being at Wrestlemania with AJ, he'll find the impetus to do more than a chinlock and an RKO outta somewhere.

"There's very little admirable about being a pirate. There's very little functional about a pirate. There's very little real about a pirate." - Will Oldham

post #30 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

I mean this match is basically a match of pride and to see who really is the face of SD. So in that regard there is something on the line. And with that in mind, I'd like to see AJ win. "The House That But if they do plan to move AJ to Raw, then he probably should lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Thriller View Post

Honestly, AJ really hasn't been on TV that much. At least not every single week. There are some weeks even as champion they would have him miss TV. And even when he was champion, he hardly wrestled. So in that way at times, they actually under exposed him at times.

So something like a break would help, don't get me wrong. Absence always makes the heart grow fonder. But, what's more necessary is a some kind of shift in character.
Ace likes this.