WrestleMania 35 - The Ultimate Travel Thread VI - Page 232 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Which events will you be attending during WrestleMania 35 week?
WWE WrestleMania 35 69 93.24%
WWE NXT TakeOver: New York 33 44.59%
WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 2019 13 17.57%
WWE Axxess 2019 38 51.35%
WWE Monday Night Raw 45 60.81%
WWE SmackDown Live 24 32.43%
WrestleCon 2019 (Any Events) 24 32.43%
WWN Live Experience 2019 (Any Events) 4 5.41%
NJPWxROH G1 Supercard 2019 26 35.14%
Other... 10 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

545Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #2311 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:58 PM

Re: WrestleMania 35 - The Ultimate Travel Thread VI

Got home last night. We were booked on our flight for first class but they changed the aircraft and had to bump us to regular seats. NBD because they gave us vouchers that paid for our RT tickets. So now I have vouchers that have to be used in the next year. My husband had already said no to Tampa(he isn't a fan, only went to Mania for the heck of it and to visit NYC, doesn't "get it"), but Mania weekend always gives me the itch for the following year, so I've got several months to convince him that I need to go lol. We had a great weekend. We went to the AIW midnight show Thursday night, I did 2 Axxess sessions Saturday and we did Mania, that was the extent of our wrestling stuff. We did a lot of tourist stuff and eating. Had a great trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:28 PM

On the train home to Boston, and thus concludes the most fun, most satisfying WrestleMania trip Iíve had. I loved it for a lot of sentimental reasons (meeting a couple of friends I made through this forum, witnessing Kofiís title win, being there for Ambroseís farewell), but there was a lot of fun overall and I was fortunate to get great seats for my group. Countless hours of effort put into it and Iím grateful to everyone in this thread and over at Wreddit who contributed. I have a lot more to say over in the Ambrose thread after Iíve had time to decompress a bit. But yeah, just wanted to say thank you everyone and safe travels.

post #2313 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:51 PM
wrestleMANia

Favourite(s): Omega, Rollins, Stone Cold, HBK

Easily the best WrestleMania weekend I have been to
Telos likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2314 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Thank you Dean. <3

Favourite(s): Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns

I made it to Boston earlier this afternoon via train, and MAN I'm glad we did it that way, more comfy, roomy and casual. Loved it. Boston is freezing though

As for Mania weekend, it was EPIC. I got around 14 hours of sleep between Saturday and Tuesday morning, cos I had two morning Axxess sessions. The travel back from Mania was fucking ridiculous, we didn't get back to our hotel until 3:30am. It was a major clusterfuck, and one of the things we all suggested at the focus group was BUSES TO MANIA cos I have never had an experience like it, especially when it began raining when we were in the line for the train to Secaucus.

But my seats for all the events were excellent, we had good people in our section who were respectful and didn't stand up all the time and get in the way. I felt I could see better this year than any other, especially at Mania itself, and I was one row further back than 2018. Go figure

Hotel WWE picked was great, I liked it a lot. Too bad the subway station closest to it that went to Barclays was closed all weekend for maintenance so we had to go to 42nd Street instead That's the second time we've been to a WWE weekend in NYC where that's happened haha.

I loved meeting Dean & Seth at Axxess, was worth the early wake up calls. Both of them were great, I gave them both the beanies I bought, and they both had the cutest reactions - Dean said he'd need it cos it's cold and windy while Seth seemed genuinely thankful Also got hugs from them both too <3 Rest of Axxess was meh though, I'd either met them already or didn't care. I wanted to meet Travis Banks but they closed the line he was in at 11:15, 45 minutes before the end of Axxess :/

I did meet some cool people at the reception before HOF (Naomi & Baron Corbin - Naomi said I had cool hair and Corbin was really cool), the museum trip (Ivory and Ricky Steamboat - Ivory chatted to everybody for ages and Ricky wrote a personal autograph with everyone's name) and the focus group (a woman from WWE dropped in and brought Sin Cara and we got pics with him).

I also had a blast chatting to all sorts of people throughout the weekend, especially the people from my travel package. I also had a bunch of people recognise me from WF saying "are you Ambrose Girl?" I always love when that happens! Hi to everyone I ran into!

Dean's farewell from Raw was one of my favourite parts, even though I cried throughout the entire thing. The moment Seth called Roman out to the ring I knew it was coming and I just started crying. I'm so happy I was there for it though and I got to hear Dean speak and then see the boys fist bump in person one more time <3

Overall, it was an incredibly enjoyable Mania minus a few tiny things.

Met Dean on March 28 2015/April 2 2016/August 20 2016/April 1 2017 & April 7 2019!!
Met Roman on April 2 2016 & April 7 2018. Met Seth on March 31 2017 & April 6 2019!!

Last edited by Ambrose Girl; 04-10-2019 at 06:07 PM.
post #2315 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose Girl View Post
I made it to Boston earlier this afternoon via train, and MAN I'm glad we did it that way, more comfy, roomy and casual. Loved it. Boston is freezing though

As for Mania weekend, it was EPIC. I got around 14 hours of sleep between Saturday and Tuesday morning, cos I had two morning Axxess sessions. The travel back from Mania was fucking ridiculous, we didn't get back to our hotel until 3:30am. It was a major clusterfuck, and one of the things we all suggested at the focus group was BUSES TO MANIA cos I have never had an experience like it, especially when it began raining when we were in the line for the train to Secaucus.

But my seats for all the events were excellent, we had good people in our section who were respectful and didn't stand up all the time and get in the way. I felt I could see better this year than any other, especially at Mania itself, and I was one row further back than 2018. Go figure

Hotel WWE picked was great, I liked it a lot. Too bad the subway station closest to it that went to Barclays was closed all weekend for maintenance so we had to go to 42nd Street instead That's the second time we've been to a WWE weekend in NYC where that's happened haha.

I loved meeting Dean & Seth at Axxess, was worth the early wake up calls. Both of them were great, I gave them both the beanies I bought, and they both had the cutest reactions - Dean said he'd need it cos it's cold and windy while Seth seemed genuinely thankful Also got hugs from them both too <3 Rest of Axxess was meh though, I'd either met them already or didn't care. I wanted to meet Travis Banks but they closed the line he was in at 11:15, 45 minutes before the end of Axxess :/

I did meet some cool people at the reception before HOF (Naomi & Baron Corbin - Naomi said I had cool hair and Corbin was really cool), the museum trip (Ivory and Ricky Steamboat - Ivory chatted to everybody for ages and Ricky wrote a personal autograph with everyone's name) and the focus group (a woman from WWE dropped in and brought Sin Cara and we got pics with him).

I also had a blast chatting to all sorts of people throughout the weekend, especially the people from my travel package. I also had a bunch of people recognise me from WF saying "are you Ambrose Girl?" I always love when that happens! Hi to everyone I ran into!

Dean's farewell from Raw was one of my favourite parts, even though I cried throughout the entire thing. The moment Seth called Roman out to the ring I knew it was coming and I just started crying. I'm so happy I was there for it though and I got to hear Dean speak and then see the boys fist bump in person one more time <3

Overall, it was an incredibly enjoyable Mania minus a few tiny things.
It was great meeting you last night, albeit in a slightly awkward way on the train lol. Enjoy your stay in Boston ��

Edit - and yes definitely bundle up, it’s been colder here than NYC lately. When it was in the 70s over there it was in the 40s here.
Ambrose Girl likes this.

Last edited by Telos; 04-10-2019 at 06:30 PM.
post #2316 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:47 AM

I had a great time. Attended NXT, HOF, WM35, RAW, Smackdown & 1 axxess session. I went to Summerslam 2016 so I'd done all the fantastic New York attractions but man, I love the city. Very happy with this Mania show itself. It is probably the 2nd best I've attended after WM31. I had the worst seats for this event... a limited view of the stage up in Sec 246. I searched for 20+ hours 50 times a day for months for my nosebleed / corner post obstructed / limited stage view tickets (which cost me over $350). Hate ticketmaster.

Hall of Fame was good fun. Last years NXT was significantly better. RAW and Smackdown were nothing crazy special. All said, I had great seats for these events and still had a great time. A highlight of RAW was watching the crowd respond to that troll decision to have the bar (waaat?) interfere. I really expected Undisputed Era or maybe even Conor McGregor haha. AEW & CM Punk chants. Brutal.

I was only in New York for 7 nights and there are two things;

1) New York is so big it lacked the "WWE takeover" feel that Orlando, New Orleans, Dallas, San Jose had, that was a pity... it was cold so you also didn't get as many fans hanging out outside Barclays singing and dancing to WWE stuff before and after events - that atmosphere was bigger and better in the other host cities and the post-mania' RAW crowd felt a bit "out of tricks" after 4-5 years of crazy chants. Beach ball Mania' doesn't have the same magic. The RAW Montreal crowd this week seemed more passionate and spawned fresher and more original reactions.

2) I struggled to do much other than WWE events (due to using the metro a lot, commuting back and forth from the budget Hotel I got in Queens).

Speaking of commuting...

The post-Wrestlemania 35 transport fiasco. I've been to the past 5 Wrestlemanias now and I spend a solid portion of my savings on it travelling from the UK... that mile+ long queue for buses was abysmal and one of the coldest wettest experiences of my life. I got back at 5AM that night. I lost the following morning making up sleep.

Has anyone complained? I'm planning, but wondering if there has been any mass-complaint submitted or compensation issued by the transport company's/WWE? Sorry to bring this up but I'm guessing I'm not the only sucker in this thread who was stuck in that rain.. it was otherwise one of the best Mania' weekends I've been to (damn it though, they are all amazing).

See ya in Tampa.

WWE Events
WrestleMania 31 | RAW 30.03.15.
First WWE event. I'll never forget.
WrestleMania 32 | NXT, RAW, Smackdown
WrestleMania 33 | NXT, RAW, Smackdown
WrestleMania 34 | NXT, RAW, Smackdown
WrestleMania 35 | NXT, RAW, Smackdown

^ WrestleMania streak

WWE RAW/Smackdown - London O2 | 18.04.16 & 19.04.16
Summerslam 2016 | NXT, RAW, Smackdown
NXT UK Tour 2016 | Plymouth, England

Last edited by crazydeanambrose; 04-17-2019 at 03:31 PM.
post #2317 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydeanambrose View Post
I had a great time. Attended NXT, HOF, WM35, RAW, Smackdown & 1 axxess session. I went to Summerslam 2016 so I'd done all the fantastic New York attractions but man, I love the city. Very happy with this Mania show itself. It is probably the 2nd best I've attended after WM31. I had the worst seats for this event... a limited view of the stage up in Sec 246. I searched for 20+ hours 50 times a day for months for my nosebleed / corner post obstructed / limited stage view tickets (which cost me over $350). Hate ticketmaster.

Hall of Fame was good fun. Last years NXT was significantly better. RAW and Smackdown were nothing crazy special. All said, I had great seats for these events and still had a great time. A highlight of RAW was watching the crowd respond to that troll decision to have the bar (waaat?) interfere. I really expected Undisputed Era or maybe even Conor McGregor haha. AEW & CM Punk chants. Brutal.

I was only in New York for 7 nights and there are two things;

1) New York is so big it lacked the "WWE takeover" feel that Orlando, New Orleans, Dallas, San Jose had, that was a pity... it was cold so you also didn't get as many fans hanging out outside Barclays singing and dancing to WWE stuff before and after events - that atmosphere was bigger and better in the other host cities and the post-mania' RAW crowd felt a bit "out of tricks" after 4-5 years of crazy chants. Beach ball Mania' doesn't have the same magic. The RAW Montreal crowd this week seemed more passionate and spawned fresher and more original reactions.

2) I struggled to do much other than WWE events (due to using the metro a lot, commuting back and forth from the budget Hotel I got in Queens).

Speaking of commuting...

The post-Wrestlemania 35 transport fiasco. I've been to the past 5 Wrestlemanias now and I spend a solid portion of my savings on it travelling from the UK... that mile+ long queue for buses was abysmal and one of the coldest wettest experiences of my life. I got back at 5AM that night. I lost the following morning making up sleep.

Has anyone complained? I'm planning, but wondering if there has been any mass-complaint submitted or compensation issued by the transport company's/WWE? Sorry to bring this up but I'm guessing I'm not the only sucker in this thread who was stuck in that rain.. it was otherwise one of the best Mania' weekends I've been to (damn it though, they are all amazing).

See ya in Tampa.
I agree with you, and if you go back like 10 or 20 pages, I mentioned how I thought NYC would swallow up Mania weekend like it did in 2013 and I was right. I stayed in Manhattan and walking around the City or riding the train, it felt like WWE wasn't even in town for the biggest show of the year. It was like it was just another typical normal/busy week/weekend in NYC and everyone just went about their normal routine. I barely saw any wrestling fans around Manhattan where I stayed. I will also agree with you about Mania itself. The show was top 3 for me as far as Mania's I've attended. It's up there with 30 and 31 for me. Since I stayed in Manhattan, I had no problem getting back to the City after the show. After thr finish to the Main Event, my group
and I literally hauled ass to the Port Authority bus and were back in Manhattan by 1am. I feel bad for those folks that got stuck out in the rain because of NJ Transit. My original plan was to stay in Secaucus like I did in 2013 for Mania 29, but I'm glad I didn't after seeing that mess. I live in New Jersey and our Governor was not a happy man after that transportation fiasco.