WrestleMania 35 - The Ultimate Travel Thread VI - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, Impact Wrestling, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Which events will you be attending during WrestleMania 35 week?
WWE WrestleMania 35 69 93.24%
WWE NXT TakeOver: New York 33 44.59%
WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 2019 13 17.57%
WWE Axxess 2019 38 51.35%
WWE Monday Night Raw 45 60.81%
WWE SmackDown Live 24 32.43%
WrestleCon 2019 (Any Events) 24 32.43%
WWN Live Experience 2019 (Any Events) 4 5.41%
NJPWxROH G1 Supercard 2019 26 35.14%
Other... 10 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

545Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #91 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 10:39 PM
The Angle Slammer

Re: WrestleMania 35 - The Ultimate Travel Thread VI

Thanks for input guys, maybe i will change hotels.

where do you suggest i stay thats fair priced and close enough to the wrestling related stuff while also not too far of a uber to times square?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 02:42 AM
Learning to break kayfabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboneangle View Post
Thanks for input guys, maybe i will change hotels.

where do you suggest i stay thats fair priced and close enough to the wrestling related stuff while also not too far of a uber to times square?
Itís tricky, because most wrestling stuff will be situated in Brooklyn, which will be a half hour commute into Times Square, and then Wrestlemania is on the opposite side over in Jersey. Staying in Brooklyn will be extremely convenient for Hall of Fame/NXT etc, but will make it probably an hour trip into Wrestlemania itself.

Check the Made Hotel. Itís very central in Manhattan, on 29th Street. Will be easy to access trains over to Brooklyn, but also only a 10/15 minute walk up into Times Square. Itís a really trendy nice new hotel, and pretty cheap.
tboneangle likes this.
post #93 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:11 AM

I would recommend staying in Brooklyn but I'm sure there will be plenty of wrestling fans staying in Times Square too. A lot of people who are experiencing NYC for the first time will probably end up there.
tboneangle likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 02:08 PM
The Angle Slammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry David View Post
Itís tricky, because most wrestling stuff will be situated in Brooklyn, which will be a half hour commute into Times Square, and then Wrestlemania is on the opposite side over in Jersey. Staying in Brooklyn will be extremely convenient for Hall of Fame/NXT etc, but will make it probably an hour trip into Wrestlemania itself.

Check the Made Hotel. Itís very central in Manhattan, on 29th Street. Will be easy to access trains over to Brooklyn, but also only a 10/15 minute walk up into Times Square. Itís a really trendy nice new hotel, and pretty cheap.
Made is sold out already!!!! I got the Manhatten budget broadway hotel and the hotel hayden reserved. Budget is $888 5 nights 10 min walk to times square and less than 30 min drive from metlife and barclays. but it has meh reviews,small rooms,and maybe or maybe not bed bugs lol.

the hotel hayden is $1150 for 5 nights, 20 min walk from times square and also 30 minutes from both barclays and metlife. obviously its nicer. its also 6 min walk away from the mueseum of sex

im open and grateful for all suggestions, if i stay in broklyn whats there to party wise out htere? i have heard strip clubs so far as it lol
post #95 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 03:16 PM

I booked the New Yorker by Wyndham, it was under $900 for 4 nights with the rewards discount. It's in Manhattan, I figure central location between Barclays and MetLife. It's also where I'm staying this coming November so if it's crappy I can switch. With bringing my husband, we'll have to balance between wrestling and tourist stuff so that location works best. Unless I can really sweet talk him it'll only be Mania and RAW for me, probably an Axxess session, and the hotel is only a few blocks from Javits.
post #96 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:10 PM
WWE Fan Since '81

Favourite(s): Brock Lesnar, Bray Wyatt, Carmella

This is why I love New Orleans as a host city: everything is in such close proximity to each other; all the wrestling fans stay and go out in the same relatively small area. Next year (and other years) everything is so far spread out.

post #97 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSlushPuppie View Post
This is why I love New Orleans as a host city: everything is in such close proximity to each other; all the wrestling fans stay and go out in the same relatively small area. Next year (and other years) everything is so far spread out.
Amen to that. Vegas is the only potential future host that could be as good as NOLA with how everything is walkable.

I live on Long Island which is a hour away from Brooklyn and NYC. Im heavily considering of booking an air bnb in Times Square area. 2 hour roundtrip train rides aren't ideal and once Im in the city I gotta be there all day so may as well have a spot there for a couple days.
post #98 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 10:01 PM
Wheelman for James Ellsworth

post #99 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 09:37 AM
Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk826 View Post
That's awesome to hear now I wonder which hotel it will be at and will wrestlecon have their regular shows their since I saw on their Twitter last week, they might be sacrificing the shows for the larger space they have for the convention. Time will tell. also I wonder who has meadowlands expo center booked, the wwn live experience or, wwe for wrestlemania axxess? I have to imagine it's wwn because if it's wwe, that will be a really small version of axxess. Hoping wwe gets javits since the car show is April 19th. can't wait to find out!

Last edited by Shawn Navinski; 04-21-2018 at 09:40 AM.
post #100 of 2317 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 10:35 PM
Is a Snit Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariners4Life View Post
Amen to that. Vegas is the only potential future host that could be as good as NOLA with how everything is walkable.

I live on Long Island which is a hour away from Brooklyn and NYC. Im heavily considering of booking an air bnb in Times Square area. 2 hour roundtrip train rides aren't ideal and once Im in the city I gotta be there all day so may as well have a spot there for a couple days.
Thousands of people make that trip 5 days a week every week of the year. I would stay st home and spend your money elsewhere. The only way I can justify staying there is if you have a very late night followed by a very early morning. Even then Iíll take a shorter night at home then one in a hotel.