Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games? - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
 
Cowabunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,831
Points: 5,814
                     
Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games?

A couple of months ago I played some Super Smash Bros. Melee again, and the game keeps track of when you unlock characters and other stuff. And not only does it give you the exact day but also the exact time you did that. Seeing all that 2002-2004 stuff there REALLY gave me a nostalgia hit and made me realise how much time has passed since those days.

And when I booted up SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 on the PS2 last summer or so again and looked at CAWs I made of some of my classmates I had attended HS with it was REALLY strange. Those guys are people I haven't seen since like 11th grade, which was in 2006/2007 already. I don't even have them on FB nor do I have a faint idea of what they're up to nowadays. And we weren't that close of friends anyway. It was pretty much a joke we did. Create each others on SvR 2006 and give each others our favourite moves, attires and entrance themes and battle against each other for fun. Apparently one of the CAWs was holding the US title still and the other the WWE tag titles. What the hell man

What about you?
Cowabunga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:33 AM
 
Ray McCarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Cork
Posts: 705
Points: 75
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
A couple of months ago I played some Super Smash Bros. Melee again, and the game keeps track of when you unlock characters and other stuff. And not only does it give you the exact day but also the exact time you did that. Seeing all that 2002-2004 stuff there REALLY gave me a nostalgia hit and made me realise how much time has passed since those days.

And when I booted up SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 on the PS2 last summer or so again and looked at CAWs I made of some of my classmates I had attended HS with it was REALLY strange. Those guys are people I haven't seen since like 11th grade, which was in 2006/2007 already. I don't even have them on FB nor do I have a faint idea of what they're up to nowadays. And we weren't that close of friends anyway. It was pretty much a joke we did. Create each others on SvR 2006 and give each others our favourite moves, attires and entrance themes and battle against each other for fun. Apparently one of the CAWs was holding the US title still and the other the WWE tag titles. What the hell man <img src="http://i.imgur.com/EGDmCdR.gif?1?6573" border="0" alt="" title="Laugh" class="inlineimg" />

What about you?
I can totally identify with making CAWs of your friends. We did the exact same thing when I was younger. About a year or so ago, a couple of friends dusted off our very old Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain. Considering we hadn’t played that game since about 2005, it was really nostalgic to see the versions of ourselves we’d made back then. As we’re in our 30’s now, some of my friends have started to go bald, or get fat. Looking at the younger versions of ourselves was kind of funny. There were some CAWs of people we just don’t see anymore, too: some moved away, some we drifted apart from, one had even passed away. I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the nostalgia these things produce.
Cowabunga likes this.
Ray McCarthy is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:45 AM
 
Lesnar Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,228
Points: 12,816
                     
Re: Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games?

I do. The oldest save file ive still got as far as I can tell is a Vice City one from 2002.
SUPA HOT FIRE. likes this.
Lesnar Turtle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:12 AM
The First
 
Taiga Masuku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 42
Points: 145
     
Re: Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games?

I sold off a lot of my old console stuff years ago, unfortunately. Massive mistake.

However, there are things on my steam account, like screen shots, from years ago, that give me a nice heavy dose of nostalgia.
Especially seeing old friends and the classic "2,589 days since ____ was online" dealio on my friendslist.

Certain games in general just give it to me.
The PC version of Halo: Combat Evolved always kills me.
It was the first game that really got me into PC gaming.

I also bought GTA III on Steam a few months ago and it was so jarring.
My friend borrowed it to me when I was in 3rd grade. Lmao... 3RD GRADE!
It's amusing how much you remember from things like that.


Last edited by Taiga Masuku; 08-07-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Taiga Masuku is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:11 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 374
Points: 1,516
                     
Re: Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games?

friends? hahahaha, if only i could relate to that.

me honestly i never created anything in any SVR game. too much of a long process for me to even bother. last CAW i made was probably when i was 10 and that was on no mercy and that's just because making caws on that was so simple.

but could i actually go back and create anything on that? fuck no, those games didn't age good with me.
TalkLoudHitHarder is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 11:24 AM
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
 
UniversalGleam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,411
Points: 21,048
                     
Re: Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games?

its weird to me when I boot up something like sims or hitman and I can get dropped right back into a moment where I saved like 5 years ago.

overall I don't have any really old stuff cause its all gone. Oldest thing I found was a range rover in forza motorsport 3, we made a fleet of them for people in my chemistry class with our miserable bastard of a teacher's initials stamped on the side. That made me kind of sad tbh. Miss those days when you were just out to have fun. Time goes by so quickly, thats got to be about a decade ago now at least.

"After it all, you'll find out you were always one of us, act like you don't remember, you said we'd live forever, who do you think you're kidding? you were only one of us in time"

KMpxRs_7NT4

You can't give me a reason, I don't need one to shine, You can't give me a feeling 'cause it's already mine

1. Oasis 2. Queen 3. The Cure 4. Angels and Airwaves 5. The Verve

Last edited by UniversalGleam; 08-07-2019 at 11:38 AM.
UniversalGleam is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
 
Cowabunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,831
Points: 5,814
                     
Re: Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesnar Turtle View Post
I do. The oldest save file ive still got as far as I can tell is a Vice City one from 2002.
I no longer have my N64, but I hope my Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, F-Zero X, Star Fox 64, DK64, GoldenEye, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, etc. files and records are still alive in the cartridges. So it's possible I have saves from 1996-2000 still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkLoudHitHarder View Post
friends? hahahaha, if only i could relate to that.

me honestly i never created anything in any SVR game. too much of a long process for me to even bother. last CAW i made was probably when i was 10 and that was on no mercy and that's just because making caws on that was so simple.

but could i actually go back and create anything on that? fuck no, those games didn't age good with me.
If you thought it was a long process back then, imagine nowadays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray McCarthy View Post
I can totally identify with making CAWs of your friends. We did the exact same thing when I was younger. About a year or so ago, a couple of friends dusted off our very old Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain. Considering we hadnt played that game since about 2005, it was really nostalgic to see the versions of ourselves wed made back then. As were in our 30s now, some of my friends have started to go bald, or get fat. Looking at the younger versions of ourselves was kind of funny. There were some CAWs of people we just dont see anymore, too: some moved away, some we drifted apart from, one had even passed away. I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the nostalgia these things produce.
Haha yeah. My CAWS never really looked like me even face wise, though. Also, I'm in my late 20s still, but ten years from now on I can imagine how different some people I met a decade ago will look.
Cowabunga is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:29 PM
 
TripleG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,017
Points: 28,358
                     
Re: Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games?

Last year, I popped in my old Ocarina of Time cartridge on the N64.

When I saw the save files "FuckFace" and "TheGr8One" I couldn't help but think "yeah, those were the good old days" lol.
SUPA HOT FIRE. likes this.

WEEKDAY WARRIORS OF WRESTLING WEBSITE
=http://thebrainosaur.com

Follow Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pscrazyplace

SUMMERSLAM 2019, TAKEOVER TORONTO, AND ROH SUMMER SUPERCARD REVIEWS
TripleG is online now  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Cowabunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,831
Points: 5,814
                     
Re: Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
Last year, I popped in my old Ocarina of Time cartridge on the N64.

When I saw the save files "FuckFace" and "TheGr8One" I couldn't help but think "yeah, those were the good old days" lol.
LOL you actually named Link FuckFace? The funniest thing I've named a character in a game was naming Gary Oak "Gay" in Pokmon Red back in 4th grade or so.

I've always named Link "Link". He's not a nameless hero like the main character from Dragon Quest or something like that, so it feels pointless for me to name him after me or someone else.
TripleG likes this.
Cowabunga is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:33 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 374
Points: 1,516
                     
Re: Do you ever feel nostalgic when you look at older save files in your games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
I no longer have my N64, but I hope my Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, F-Zero X, Star Fox 64, DK64, GoldenEye, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, etc. files and records are still alive in the cartridges. So it's possible I have saves from 1996-2000 still around.


If you thought it was a long process back then, imagine nowadays


Haha yeah. My CAWS never really looked like me even face wise, though. Also, I'm in my late 20s still, but ten years from now on I can imagine how different some people I met a decade ago will look.
that's why CC was invented.
TalkLoudHitHarder is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome