Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20 - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 10:46 AM
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
 
UniversalGleam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,097
Points: 20,052
                     
Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

I havnt bought any nintendo products since the wii.

no chance I would spend this on a handheld console.

"I remember how you used to shine back then, you went down so easy like a glass of wine my friend, when the dawn came up you felt so inspired to do it again but it turns out you only get to do it once."


You can't give me a reason, I don't need one to shine, You can't give me a feeling 'cause it's already mine

1. Oasis 2. Queen 3. The Cure 4. Angels and Airwaves 5. The Verve
UniversalGleam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 10:59 AM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,289
Points: 24,515
                     
Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic View Post
I don't mind playing my Switch docked, it's just sometimes getting it hooked up can be a chore. Especially connecting the Switch to the Dock connectors and I'd rather not risk scratching my shit. You're one of the rarer cases I've seen of people seemingly preferring docked though .
It's also a reason I have a day-one bought Switch and it is still pristine --haha. I live on the beach and the only time I use it on the go is when I'm going to lounge. We have docks in our bedroom and living room and can pop either of our Switches in whenever. I have a family account for us and I have 90% digital games so we both can play whenever. I just love how simple Switch is compared to my PS4. I play it the most out of all of anything and have this entire year probably. I've been crazy lucky with scratching I guess. But yeah, I prefer docked. I have shitty eyes so the big screen helps I guess lol.
Vic likes this.
bradatar is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:28 AM
 
Freelancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,961
Points: 9,805
                     
Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

If I had a Switch, I would play mostly docked. So this is a no go for me. I'm in that group that hasn't got a Nintendo console since the Wii. I have a DS, which is a great handheld.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone played Diablo on the Switch? Just curious on how it runs.

"I will say it because I am trying to quell the burning in my heart--I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die. If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life." - Jim Cornette

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man" - Ric Flair
Freelancer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 12:32 PM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,289
Points: 24,515
                     
Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
If I had a Switch, I would play mostly docked. So this is a no go for me. I'm in that group that hasn't got a Nintendo console since the Wii. I have a DS, which is a great handheld.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone played Diablo on the Switch? Just curious on how it runs.
I have it. Runs perfect. Lot of people who have been playing for years enjoy it on Switch more then anything else due to portability and the buttons on the Switch work very well. I'm not a huge Diablo guy so I haven't put in 100s of hours like others, but it is an amazing port.

I basically have everything decent that has come out for Switch since it released. Any questions on that end I can def help with.
Vic and Freelancer like this.
bradatar is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:26 AM
EXCELSIOR!
 
Lumpy McRighteous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Where Lands Are Green and Skies Are Blue
Posts: 15,598
Points: 31,935
                     
Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

As if I needed another omen of the 3DS' days being numbered.

The Sword and Shield edition is far and away the best looking out of the bunch, although the teal is a comfy 2nd. The gray is too similar to a standard Switch and the yellow is just...bleh. However, this is the 2DS all over again: utterly pointless from a technical standpoint, yet nevertheless created to sucker people into buying it on the grounds of being "entry level".



Lumpy McRighteous is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 02:00 AM
The Empire will Reign again
 
Chris JeriG.O.A.T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 14,362
Points: 42,238
                     
Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

I feel like this should be $130 for how stripped down it is, Nintendrones will buy it anyway and then buy the Switch Pro too.

Shilling for Xia Li, Aliyah, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley



Chris JeriG.O.A.T is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:30 AM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,289
Points: 24,515
                     
Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris JeriG.O.A.T View Post
I feel like this should be $130 for how stripped down it is, Nintendrones will buy it anyway and then buy the Switch Pro too.
Nintendo fans seem to becoming more reasonable if Reddit is any way to judge. This system is getting butchered for the price as you can get a full Switch bundle these days for like $250. It isn't a deal. The Pro on the other hand...yeah, people are going to be suckers for that.

This isn't a Nintendo thing, but more a Game Freak thing. Pokemon Sword/Shield is likely going to have a bunch of people boycotting. I don't really understand the logistics but I guess they had people upload all of their Pokemon onto some type of new Pokemon thing that is going to replace the Pokemon Box. (for a fee) Soon after, Game Freak announced that all Pokemon wouldn't be available in the new port. Lifelong players were furious. (I'm not one, just a very bored man at work on Reddit) The only way to show developers is by effecting their wallets.
bradatar is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 05:52 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 473
Points: 1,521
                     
Talking Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
I don't have a Switch and was waiting for a cheaper option and I'd play it mostly in handheld and this thing still looks incredibly uninviting. Guess I'll be getting a regular one (probably two days before the Switch Pro gets announced).
My thoughts exactly. The only plus is the longer battery life. One extra hour reportedly. But how much of that has to do with the smaller screem size and lack of blu tooth.
Dave Santos is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:10 AM
EXCELSIOR!
 
Lumpy McRighteous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Where Lands Are Green and Skies Are Blue
Posts: 15,598
Points: 31,935
                     
Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradatar View Post
This isn't a Nintendo thing, but more a Game Freak thing. Pokemon Sword/Shield is likely going to have a bunch of people boycotting. I don't really understand the logistics but I guess they had people upload all of their Pokemon onto some type of new Pokemon thing that is going to replace the Pokemon Box. (for a fee) Soon after, Game Freak announced that all Pokemon wouldn't be available in the new port. Lifelong players were furious. (I'm not one, just a very bored man at work on Reddit) The only way to show developers is by effecting their wallets.
It's actually a trifecta of fuckery.

The first and most infamous issue is Sword and Shield ignoring the National Dex in favor of strictly adhering to the current regional (Galar) Pokedex. Although (Ultra) Sun and (Ultra) Moon did the same, they still allow you to move any and all Pokemon over from as far back as Gen. III, with Pokes that weren't listed in the Alolan Dexes simply having no Dex entry to register.

The second issue is the presentation. The models were effectively future proofed beginning in Gen. VI, which wouldn't be an issue if they were adjusted accordingly to adapt to stronger hardware. This started becoming noticeable when folks pointed out how the majority of attack animations are still lacking in regard to Pokemon making physical contact with each other or just being more expressive period, especially compared to the ones in the Pokemon Stadium duology's successors (Colosseum, Gale of Darkness and Battle Revolution). And, of course, there's the infamous "N64 tree" that was pointed out in the Wild Area for shits and giggles at the notion of Game Freak being lazy.

The third and final issue is the new battle mechanic gimmick called Dynamax. Basically, fans are pissed at it because it'll apparently be the only battle-oriented gimmick in the games, whereas the Alola games have both Z-Moves and Gen. VI's Mega Evolution.

On a related note, fans also view it as lazy because of it essentially combining Mega Evolution's transformation aspect and Z-Moves' superpowered attack aspect while capping it off by turning the user into a gigantic version of themselves (which goes back to the model/animation issue), when remedial changes to a ton of Pokes could've been done via new Megas or at the very least via base stat changes, moveset alterations and/or Galar-based regional variants a la the Alola variants.

As a lifelong Pokemon fan, problems 1 and 2 don't bother me too much. Due to Gen. I capping at 151, I've always preferred completing the regional Pokedex instead of the national Pokedex because of how each non-Johto game took place in just one region instead of across the world. As for the presentation issue, I'm alright with the retained animations and actually like the livelier NPCs, although stuff like the "N64 tree" is inexcusable when it's on the same system as BotW.

When it comes to issue 3, I'm pissed because of the sheer laziness behind it. Game Freak said the removal of Megas was done for balancing issues, which is nevertheless a weak-ass excuse when they could've simply altered stat spreads and/or abilities for Megas accordingly. Z-Moves not only allowed any Poke to use a potential nuke-tier attack, but also allowed for wild card strategies, so removing that was an even bigger fuck up on GF's part, in my opinion.

In the end, I still plan to get Shield while my sister nabs Sword. At this rate, however, I wouldn't be surprised if they wind up being on par with X and Y as the mid-tier Pokemon games in my personal tier list: Pretty good, but could've been so, so much more.



Lumpy McRighteous is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:16 AM
WF's Favorite Son
 
bradatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,289
Points: 24,515
                     
Re: Nintendo Finally Confirms The Switch Mini aka Nintendo Switch Lite; Will Come in Colored & Pokemon Themed Variants For $200 Launches Sept.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy McRighteous View Post
It's actually a trifecta of fuckery.

The first and most infamous issue is Sword and Shield ignoring the National Dex in favor of strictly adhering to the current regional (Galar) Pokedex. Although (Ultra) Sun and (Ultra) Moon did the same, they still allow you to move any and all Pokemon over from as far back as Gen. III, with Pokes that weren't listed in the Alolan Dexes simply having no Dex entry to register.

The second issue is the presentation. The models were effectively future proofed beginning in Gen. VI, which wouldn't be an issue if they were adjusted accordingly to adapt to stronger hardware. This started becoming noticeable when folks pointed out how the majority of attack animations are still lacking in regard to Pokemon making physical contact with each other or just being more expressive period, especially compared to the ones in the Pokemon Stadium duology's successors (Colosseum, Gale of Darkness and Battle Revolution). And, of course, there's the infamous "N64 tree" that was pointed out in the Wild Area for shits and giggles at the notion of Game Freak being lazy.

The third and final issue is the new battle mechanic gimmick called Dynamax. Basically, fans are pissed at it because it'll apparently be the only battle-oriented gimmick in the games, whereas the Alola games have both Z-Moves and Gen. VI's Mega Evolution.

On a related note, fans also view it as lazy because of it essentially combining Mega Evolution's transformation aspect and Z-Moves' superpowered attack aspect while capping it off by turning the user into a gigantic version of themselves (which goes back to the model/animation issue), when remedial changes to a ton of Pokes could've been done via new Megas or at the very least via base stat changes, moveset alterations and/or Galar-based regional variants a la the Alola variants.

As a lifelong Pokemon fan, problems 1 and 2 don't bother me too much. Due to Gen. I capping at 151, I've always preferred completing the regional Pokedex instead of the national Pokedex because of how each non-Johto game took place in just one region instead of across the world. As for the presentation issue, I'm alright with the retained animations and actually like the livelier NPCs, although stuff like the "N64 tree" is inexcusable when it's on the same system as BotW.

When it comes to issue 3, I'm pissed because of the sheer laziness behind it. Game Freak said the removal of Megas was done for balancing issues, which is nevertheless a weak-ass excuse when they could've simply altered stat spreads and/or abilities for Megas accordingly. Z-Moves not only allowed any Poke to use a potential nuke-tier attack, but also allowed for wild card strategies, so removing that was an even bigger fuck up on GF's part, in my opinion.

In the end, I still plan to get Shield while my sister nabs Sword. At this rate, however, I wouldn't be surprised if they wind up being on par with X and Y as the mid-tier Pokemon games in my personal tier list: Pretty good, but could've been so, so much more.


Thank you for explaining this. I didnít really get what people were mad about but you summed it up well. Iíve already purchased the dual pack because I got my wife her own Switch so we each can play a version. I havenít played a Pokťmon game since Blue when I was like 12.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bradatar is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome