Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also) - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Vic
Heroes For Hire
 
Vic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,316
Points: 14,089
                     
Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

Quote:
Now updated for current generation consoles, Resident Evil Revelations is the acclaimed survival horror title featuring series veterans Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield as they investigate the reportedly abandoned "Queen Zenobia" cruise ship. This new version features a smoother 1920x1080 resolution, an improved framerate, increased environmental detail and refined creature movement, defining the best-looking version of the game to date. All previously released downloadable content is also included in the game as unlockable rewards.

Take on hordes of enemies with a friend online in the returning Raid Mode, which includes "The Ghost Ship: Chaos," a fresh take on the popular stage with more powerful weapons and ways for players to upgrade their arsenal, and remixed enemy placements for an added challenge. Additionally, four controller schemes based on control types from across the entire series are available in this version of the game for a more flexible experience to accommodate different playstyles.

Resident Evil Revelations launches in North America at retail and digitally on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One August 29 for $19.99. A Nintendo Switch release of both Resident Evil Revelations and its follow up Resident Evil Revelations 2, which features series favorites like Claire Redfield and Barry Burton as they face untold horror, will also be available in Late 2017.]
Received that in my press e-mail, looks like Capcom is officially on board for bringing their games to the Switch now.
Vic is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:13 AM
Custom User Title
 
Yeah1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15,210
Points: 19,142
                     
Re: Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

A remaster of a game that was originally a Nintendo exclusive, and it comes out later than the PS4/Xbone release. I mean, this isn't the best sign that most of Capcom's games will be on the Switch from now on.

Yeah1993 is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:27 AM
 
Arkham258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 10,141
Points: 33,815
                     
Re: Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

LOL

Here you go Switch owners. Have some scraps. We're still bringing out our REAL games on PS4, like every sane person.
RavishingRickRules likes this.
Arkham258 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Vic
Heroes For Hire
 
Vic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,316
Points: 14,089
                     
Re: Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah1993 View Post
A remaster of a game that was originally a Nintendo exclusive, and it comes out later than the PS4/Xbone release. I mean, this isn't the best sign that most of Capcom's games will be on the Switch from now on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham258 View Post
LOL

Here you go Switch owners. Have some scraps. We're still bringing out our REAL games on PS4, like every sane person.
I mean I get it, but this is clearly them testing how RE does on the Switch for future releases.
Arkham258 likes this.
Vic is online now  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:44 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,339
Points: 4,014
                     
Re: Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham258 View Post
LOL

Here you go Switch owners. Have some scraps. We're still bringing out our REAL games on PS4, like every sane person.
Except that shit never works and the fucking idiots at Capcom will then complain about sales just like the morons at Ubisoft did.
Stephleref is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:57 AM
 
Arkham258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 10,141
Points: 33,815
                     
Re: Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

I'm just so thoroughly sick of Nintendo at this point. Every console other than the Wii (which was the exception that proves the rule) is just a failure that is only worth owning for the same old fucking first party games Nintendo has been pushing for years, and one or two oddball third party releases that are actually good.

Nintendo has not had a relevant place in the console industry since they retired the Super Nintendo. The only real success they've had is in the handheld market which is where they should stay. And I know everyone says, "Well, what about the Wii?". Well I say what about the Wii? Did they succeed in building on that momentum? Nope. As the Wii U was a failure.

If Nintendo can't get their shit together they should just fuck off already. They should just stick to releasing three thousand, iterative versions of their handhelds, the only hardware they actually seem to be able to get third party support for.

And why the fuck do we still care about the fat, italian plumber from the 80s in 2017? Nintendo is like this aging old man that won't go away. Have they even managed to create a great new mascot in the past 20-30 years? Here you go everyone. Have some more of the fat, butt crack plumber and the mute, girly elf boy. Sigh. At least Samus is still cool. She should have been THE Nintendo mascot. Especially now when everyone is into the feminism and social justice warrior propaganda
Arkham258 is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Altered State
 
booned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,976
Points: 119
                     
Re: Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

Would rather they hurry up with the RE2 remake. Revelations wasn't even that good.

booned is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Dream Match Never Ends
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 31,394
Points: 14,326
                     
Re: Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

Ultra Street Fighter 2 was their first major Switch game. Also, Monster Hunter Double Cross is coming out before this.
Omega_VIK likes this.

Sephiroth is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 09:29 AM
 
RapShepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 17,333
Points: 52,240
                     
Re: Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham258 View Post
I'm just so thoroughly sick of Nintendo at this point. Every console other than the Wii (which was the exception that proves the rule) is just a failure that is only worth owning for the same old fucking first party games Nintendo has been pushing for years, and one or two oddball third party releases that are actually good.

Nintendo has not had a relevant place in the console industry since they retired the Super Nintendo. The only real success they've had is in the handheld market which is where they should stay. And I know everyone says, "Well, what about the Wii?". Well I say what about the Wii? Did they succeed in building on that momentum? Nope. As the Wii U was a failure.

If Nintendo can't get their shit together they should just fuck off already. They should just stick to releasing three thousand, iterative versions of their handhelds, the only hardware they actually seem to be able to get third party support for.

And why the fuck do we still care about the fat, italian plumber from the 80s in 2017? Nintendo is like this aging old man that won't go away. Have they even managed to create a great new mascot in the past 20-30 years? Here you go everyone. Have some more of the fat, butt crack plumber and the mute, girly elf boy. Sigh. At least Samus is still cool. She should have been THE Nintendo mascot. Especially now when everyone is into the feminism and social justice warrior propaganda
I think Nintendo is a great 2nd console to have. IMO they have the best 1st party games
RapShepard is online now  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 09:42 AM
J-B
Back where we belong!
 
J-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,579
Points: 9,590
                     
Re: Welp, Capcom Just Announced It's First Major Switch Game Resident Evil Revelations Remaster (PS4/Xbox One Also)

There's not really a RE game which im eager to own on the switch. RE4, 5 & 6 were all remastered last year for Xbox/PS4 and I've played through 7 enough times recently.

J-B is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome