SteamWorld Quest is out for the SWITCH, or will be Thursday. If you didn't know, SteamWorld is one the best video game universe's in the past many years (I don't know how long). Dig 1 & 2 are my favorite dig dug type of games. Heist was great (although it got insanely hard to get through levels with a perfect score). Quest is an RPG but using a card based system. It looks great.
SteamWorld Tower Defense
SteamWorld Dig 2
is F'n fantastic! It's currently exclusive to SWITCH but will come to PC soon. I want to explain it a bit because even game play videos leave some questions:
1) You have characters who has specific cards to them. Character A cannot use Character B (at least so far, I'm nearly done)
2) you play with 3 characters and draw a random card each turn (unless you have a buff, could pull 2). It's random, so there is potential to have all character A cards and you cannot play the other two characters in combat (super, highly unlikely)
3) You can use 3 cards per turn, mixing up which character however you like, or all 3 from the same character
4) you get new cards as the game progresses. you can upgrade cards by strength, and some additional buffs
5) you see your opponents walking around and you approach them to begin combat; no random battles.
6) it's "chapter" is about 5-15 screens you can walk around. A chapter might last 1 hour depending if you suck. 19 chapters total
10/10 so far. The only tough spots I hit, I rebuilt my deck and demolished.