Days Gone - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum: WWE, AEW, New Japan, Indy Wrestling, Women of Wrestling Forums

 42Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 10:22 AM
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
 
UniversalGleam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,025
Points: 19,839
                     
Re: Days Gone

the last of us is a zombie game, its just a different take on zombies that uses a real life fungus Ophiocordyceps unilateralis as the cause.

its very much a zombie game that doesnt fit in the standardised idea of a what a zombie game has been made to be. It focuses more on the consequences of the outbreak rather than just shooting hordes of zombies for no real purpose.

"I remember how you used to shine back then, you went down so easy like a glass of wine my friend, when the dawn came up you felt so inspired to do it again but it turns out you only get to do it once."


You can't give me a reason, I don't need one to shine, You can't give me a feeling 'cause it's already mine

1. Oasis 2. Queen 3. The Cure 4. Angels and Airwaves 5. The Verve

Last edited by UniversalGleam; 01-19-2019 at 10:33 AM.
UniversalGleam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:35 AM
Bliss was good, but bad is better
 
Tommy-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,894
Points: 4,562
                     
Re: Days Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger Fan View Post
Of course its a zombie game, just because Days Gone focuses more on killing zombies doesn't make The Last of Us any less of a zombie game.
How can it be a zombie game when there are zero zombies in the game?

Tommy-V is offline  
post #63 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 12:13 PM
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
 
UniversalGleam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,025
Points: 19,839
                     
Re: Days Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-V View Post
How can it be a zombie game when there are zero zombies in the game?
The Infected from the video game The Last Of Us are human beings that have been horribly mutated by a parasitic fungus known as Cordyceps Brain Infection. This fungus propagates within the cranium of its victims and destroys their higher brain functions, turning the infectees into savage animals that are extremely aggressive.

The Infected are humans who have been infected and subsequently mutated into horrific new forms by the Cordyceps Brain Infection. The resulting creatures are highly aggressive, and will attack any uninfected human on sight.

The fungus infects the human brain, growing mycelium inside the brain tissue and killing the brain's cells. This erases their memories and drives them insane, modifying their instincts to seek no goal other than spreading the spores to others. Eventually the fungus kills its host, and will then grow out of the host's body to spread spores.


they are essentially zombies, they simply havnt come back fromt the dead and attack humans to feed, again its just a different take on the concept of a zombie and what causes the infection. Its still a form of zombie.

that description still follows the same general outline as that of a standard zombie so your argument is basically based on a technicality that they arnt actually called "zombies" it seems.

"I remember how you used to shine back then, you went down so easy like a glass of wine my friend, when the dawn came up you felt so inspired to do it again but it turns out you only get to do it once."


You can't give me a reason, I don't need one to shine, You can't give me a feeling 'cause it's already mine

1. Oasis 2. Queen 3. The Cure 4. Angels and Airwaves 5. The Verve

Last edited by UniversalGleam; 01-19-2019 at 01:42 PM.
UniversalGleam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 01:07 PM
Bliss was good, but bad is better
 
Tommy-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,894
Points: 4,562
                     
Re: Days Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalGleam View Post
The Infected from the video game The Last Of Us are human beings that have been horribly mutated by a parasitic fungus known as Cordyceps Brain Infection. This fungus propagates within the cranium of its victims and destroys their higher brain functions, turning the infectees into savage animals that are extremely aggressive.

The Infected are humans who have been infected and subsequently mutated into horrific new forms by the Cordyceps Brain Infection. The resulting creatures are highly aggressive, and will attack any uninfected human on sight.

The fungus infects the human brain, growing mycelium inside the brain tissue and killing the brain's cells. This erases their memories and drives them insane, modifying their instincts to seek no goal other than spreading the spores to others. Eventually the fungus kills its host, and will then grow out of the host's body to spread spores.


they are essentially zombies, they simply havnt come back fromt the dead and attack humans to feed, again its just a different take on the concept of a zombie and what causes the infection. Its still a form of zombie.

that description still follows the same general outline as that of a standard zombie so your argument is basically based on a technicality that they arnt actually called "zombies" it seems.
They are mutants, not zombies. It evens says that they were mutated in the description you quoted. Like you said, they don't come back from the dead. That's what zombies are, reanimated dead bodies. The Cordyceps fungus mutates living hosts. It doesn't reanimates dead bodies. It has no affect on the dead.

Tommy-V is offline  
post #65 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 01:39 PM
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
 
UniversalGleam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,025
Points: 19,839
                     
Re: Days Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-V View Post
They are mutants, not zombies. It evens says that they were mutated in the description you quoted. Like you said, they don't come back from the dead. That's what zombies are, reanimated dead bodies. The Cordyceps fungus mutates living hosts. It doesn't reanimates dead bodies. It has no affect on the dead.
Im not going to keep going over this because its rediculous, its a choice of words, nothing more.

zombies arnt real, there is room for creative freedom. The description is basically that of a zombie, you can think what you like about it, Im just lending a description of what they are. The infection still essentially kills the person mentally and causes them to live on in some kind of middle ground which is basically that of a zombie like creature. The are both living and dead. Its just not so dramatic and unrealistic as bringing something back from complete death.

its a matter of opinion.

"I remember how you used to shine back then, you went down so easy like a glass of wine my friend, when the dawn came up you felt so inspired to do it again but it turns out you only get to do it once."


You can't give me a reason, I don't need one to shine, You can't give me a feeling 'cause it's already mine

1. Oasis 2. Queen 3. The Cure 4. Angels and Airwaves 5. The Verve

Last edited by UniversalGleam; 01-19-2019 at 01:54 PM.
UniversalGleam is offline  
post #66 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 01:55 PM
 
birthday_massacre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: #WWFuckery
Posts: 37,724
Points: 78,670
                     
Re: Days Gone

I will clear up the whole last of us zombie debate

The Last of Us 'not a zombie game,' says Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann.


also, using your logic someone with an infected brain like mad cow disease or rabies are zombies.

Zombies are the undead, in last of us they are not the dead that came back to life. They are infected.
Tommy-V likes this.

birthday_massacre is offline  
post #67 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Bliss was good, but bad is better
 
Tommy-V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,894
Points: 4,562
                     
Re: Days Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalGleam View Post
Im not going to keep going over this because its rediculous, its a choice of words, nothing more.

zombies arnt real, there is room for creative freedom. The description is basically that of a zombie, you can think what you like about it, Im just lending a description of what they are. The infection still essentially kills the person mentally and causes them to live on in some kind of middle ground which is basically that of a zombie like creature. The are both living and dead. Its just not so dramatic and unrealistic as bringing something back from complete death.

its a matter of opinion.
What's ridiculous is that you don't get the difference between zombies and mutants.

It's a fact, not opinion, that zombies are the dead coming back to life. That's been the definition of a zombie since the very beginning. You don't see that happening at all in TLOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre View Post
I will clear up the whole last of us zombie debate

The Last of Us 'not a zombie game,' says Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann.


also, using your logic someone with an infected brain like mad cow disease or rabies are zombies.

Zombies are the undead, in last of us they are not the dead that came back to life. They are infected.

Tommy-V is offline  
post #68 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 06:17 PM
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
 
UniversalGleam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,025
Points: 19,839
                     
Re: Days Gone

well I was wrong then, Im sure it will bother me for a good minute that I didn't know the factual science behind a fictional creation.

"I remember how you used to shine back then, you went down so easy like a glass of wine my friend, when the dawn came up you felt so inspired to do it again but it turns out you only get to do it once."


You can't give me a reason, I don't need one to shine, You can't give me a feeling 'cause it's already mine

1. Oasis 2. Queen 3. The Cure 4. Angels and Airwaves 5. The Verve

Last edited by UniversalGleam; 01-19-2019 at 06:40 PM.
UniversalGleam is offline  
post #69 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 08:52 AM
SNOWBLIND
 
GOD OF CUNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: On the Rocks with a Bitch and a Bottle
Posts: 7,501
Points: 4,859
                     
Re: Days Gone

They’re both survival horror games where crazy things try to rip your fucking face off and I’m assuming they’re going to share a fair amount of the same tropes that you always get with zombie/mutant/whateverthefuck games man it’s 2019 what the fuck are we doing arguing about semantics sheeeeeeit
TheFreeMan likes this.
GOD OF CUNT is offline  
post #70 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 09:24 AM
The One Free Man
 
TheFreeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 7,331
Points: 6,262
                     
Re: Days Gone

I'm trying to cutback on purchasing Collector's Editions, but damn... That does look bloody lovely!

TheFreeMan is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome