Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Actually it's hard to say that they will steal the show, IF Orton vs. Rollins happens.

Reactions: TehMonkeyMan

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,833 Posts
Can't say i'd be disappointed. Give them enough time in the ring, and they could steal the show.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd personally rather see Bryan take on Rollins in a solid 30 minute match and maybe have Ziggler win the Andre The Giant battle royale maybe. Or Ziggler and HHH if he's not busy mixing it up with Sting.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
with all due respect to ziggler, bryan needs a bigger match. ziggler simply hasn't been built up to that calliber yet, and it just seems like he's taking an opportunity to capitalise on bryan's fame to further his own career. i don't blame him at all and i'm sure it would be a great match tho.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
I'm totally down, it'd probably be a fantastic match.

I disagree with SVET. Right now, with the directions they seem to be heading (Cena/Rusev, Lesnar/Reigns and Hunter/Sting), Bryan doesn't really have anything going. If they did something sorta like with Rollins last night, Bryan could get the win, but even a loss could really elevate Dolph and make him a main event player. God knows they're starved for top tier guys who the fans are behind. Right now, there's Bryan...and that's about it. The fans are behind Dolph, he just needs some legitimacy. As Yaffa said, they could very well steal the show. Ziggler may not be Bryan's caliber yet, but were they to have a match, that could MAKE Dolph that caliber.

At this point, Bryan's character doesn't really NEED a main event. He's bulletproof, the fans won't turn on him. Yes, it'd be great to have him in a position of higher prominence, but the Fed has seemingly made their minds up and Bryan sadly doesn't fit in. If they won't give him prominence, fuck them. At least put him in a match where he can work with a good opponent and entertain the fans.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Yeah right. Vince would rather admit that WCW was a superior product to his for part of the late 90s than let Bryan and Ziggler steal the spotlight from his chosen ones at Wrestlemania.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Boom I'm for it. Show stealer right there

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm completely for this match. Don't want either turning heel for it though. Just an old school babyface vs babyface match based on who the better man is, and well "stealing the show".

I think if you gave these guys a half hour, and let them do whatever they want, it'd be the type of match where people would spend so much time talking about how awesome it is, instead of who won so it really wouldn't hurt the loser I'd rather let Ziggler get a big rub against someone else, but there really isn't anyone else available. So Bryan would probably go over in a war, with a handshake at the end. This match could make Ziggler into a star, even by losing clean. Similar to Austin/Hart at WM13.

·
Registered
683 Posts
To be honest, Bryan vs. anyone could end up being the MOTN. But he deserves a big opponent at WM.
He's not going to get one though I fear.

Reigns/Lesnar is happening so he ain't facing Brock. Cena/Rusev is happening so he ain't getting either of those guys. Honestly a babyface vs babyface match with Ziggler with the way Dolph has been pushed last few months will deliver. What are the alternatives? Facing a heel Sheamus? No, thanks, but that's what we'll probably get.

The Bryan marks have to realize that they should be hoping DB gets an honor based match with Ziggler based on who the superior wrestler is, or feud with Bray Wyatt due to Wyatt eliminating him last night, and Wyatt coming out talking trash about dashing his dreams yet again and how Daniel grabbed the brass ring and is still treated like the red headed step child by the "machine".

You guys can complain about those options all you want, his likely upcoming program with a heel Sheamus is 10x worse than either of those.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts