Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night marked Dolph Ziggler's final proving ground. Cena, and the match altogether, put him over BIG TIME. Despite ultimately losing, Ziggler went around 10 minutes with the top guy in an exciting back-and-forth match and got out of two Attitude Adjustments. In theory Cena jobbed and solidified Ziggler's spot as a future main eventer.

I couldn't help but mark out the entire time. This is it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree. Dolph Ziggler looks and performs like a star. He has had B+, A- matches for a good 6 months now... His time will come in 2011.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Completely agreed. I'm seeing new heights being reached here, and deservedly so. Ziggler has worked his ass off.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I knew the whole time that Cena would win (coming off a big win at TLC, how could you not see it). But the match was stil amazing and went way longer than I thought it was going to. I wish they would have let Ziggler hold onto the sleeper hold longer, but maybe we will get that tonight. Ziggler is going to be a main eventer, if not by the end of 2011, then in 2012 the latest.

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
If Ziggler can improve his mic skills some more and maybe develop a more established persona, he could definitely be a future world champion.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
If Ziggler can improve his mic skills some more and maybe develop a more established persona, he could definitely be a future world champion.
I think that is his problem more than his mic skills. he can cut a decent promo. Is he Chris Jericho? no. but he is good. His persona (or lack there of) is the problem.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Ziggler has been on fire this year. DesolationRow made a thread about how great it was to see a good handful of new stars being born; Ziggler clearly will count as one of these by this time next year if not earlier.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
The match was absolutly top notch and something that we don't get to see very often. It reminded me for some reason of when Benoit faced Austin on Smackdown back in May of 2001 in one hell of a match (one of my top 10 favorites - who couldn't love the 10 German Suplexes??) It is matches like that where WWE is able to give mid carder guys a big rub and show off that they are just as talented as the main eventers. Dolph has been working his ass off in the ring, and I have got to give him serious props because he has been putting on bad ass match after bad ass match. If this is how credibility can be brought back to the Intercontinental Championship, then by all means keep it going.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If there doing it with JoMo now, I don't see why he wouldn't be at the top soon than later if he keeps up on this role. It also helps to have Vickie, who is such a jeer magnet.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Agreed with everyone here, Ziggler has been on top form since he won the IC title, his ppv matches with Bryan & Kaval have been a wrestling dream and hopefully 2011 will be his year! He definitely needs more promo time though...

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts
Funny that not that long ago he and his cheerleader friends were jobbing to Cena left and right. Ziggler deserves this for sure. Hopefully he will actually go over Cena on SD.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
As a huge Ziggler fan, I loved watching that.
Think about it guys, WHY THE HELL ELSE would Vickie have to come down to the ring while Cena (the top guy) was there - with Dolph- to show that Lawler made fun of her.
It was a tremendous match. Not only did Ziggler reverse the AA, he hit John with some of his best moves.

That shows that Ziggler has the wrestling ability with the in-ring talent and is comfortable talking on the mic.
Oh, and on top of all of this, he's the Intercontinental Champion!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
♠Chip♠;9157239 said:
I'm glad it was a great match but I died a little inside when Cena kicked out of the Zig-Zag :p
That wasn't the Zig-Zag, I'm pretty sure Michael Cole has no idea what the move is because he has called like 3 different things the Zig-Zag in recent memory.

·
#German
3,783 Posts
It's similar to the Champion vs. Champion match with Swagger nearly two years ago. He looked credible and immensely strong in defeat.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts