Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good guy vs Bad guy are too cliche and way past its time. Personally we have evolved past the face vs heel dynamic. Hopefully if Bryan vs Ziggler feud and they remain babyface vs babyface, it will show the world why feuds don't always needs a face vs villain. Sometimes feuds just need to rely on respect. I really hope this match happens and neither are shown as the antagonist. Will be awesome! a fight for respect and a fight to steal the show!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dolph and Bryan are the pinnacle of 'good guys'. Nothing about them screams heel. I'm talking about Ziggler current gimmick. Not the cocky showoff but the underdog that thrives to steal the show and be the best. Right now, both are way too into their good guy roles to even seen as a bad guy. This match should solemnly be good guy vs good guy. I cant buy either as a villain.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
A Fight for respect or "who's the better wrestler? lets wrestle to find out!" feuds don't draw, too simplistic and lacks a good story to it, for example one of the greatest storyline's of all time is Daniel Bryan vs The Authority and it drew Huge.

Daniel Bryan vs The Authority:

Daniel Bryan wants to be the best wrestler, thus he wants to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, he also wants to do what's morally right and enjoy the love of his fans while loving them back by entertaining them

The Authority does not want Daniel Bryan to win the World Title because they do not want him as the face of the WWE.

The Authority tries to stop Daniel Bryan at any cost from being at the top, while Daniel Bryan fights off their immorality.

Daniel Bryan vs The Authority had story, great wrestling and was fun.

A "who's the better wrestler/fight for respect" storyline is the opposite.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As shown in the past couple of years. Crowd cheer for who they like. They don't buy into force-fed shit. If you're good, they like you. These two guys are good at what they do. Let the crowd choose their side. Neither need to get the crowd against them. They both are begging to be cheered... just let them bring the house down on the grandest stage of them all!

60,006 Posts
As shown in the past couple of years. Crowd cheer for who they like. They don't buy into force-fed shit. If you're good, they like you. These two guys are good at what they do. Let the crowd choose their side. Neither need to get the crowd against them. They both are begging to be cheered... just let them bring the house down on the grandest stage of them all!
:clap

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A Fight for respect or "who's the better wrestler? lets wrestle to find out!" feuds don't draw, too simplistic and lacks a good story to it, for example one of the greatest storyline's of all time is Daniel Bryan vs The Authority and it drew Huge.

Daniel Bryan vs The Authority:

Daniel Bryan wants to be the best wrestler, thus he wants to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, he also wants to do what's morally right and enjoy the love of his fans while loving them back by entertaining them

The Authority does not want Daniel Bryan to win the World Title because they do not want him as the face of the WWE.

The Authority tries to stop Daniel Bryan at any cost from being at the top, while Daniel Bryan fights off their immorality.

Daniel Bryan vs The Authority had story, great wrestling and was fun.

A "who's the better wrestler/fight for respect" storyline is the opposite.
Disagree, sometimes face vs face are just so unpredictable it makes you second thought who could really win this. As a heel, (except if you're lesnar) you get a sense who is going to win. When you're a good guy taking on another good guy, there is that sense of unpredicability and anticipation of who is going to win. Good guy vs bad guys ended a long time ago. We no longer need that shit. Crowds don't buy in anymore unless it's good storyline material. And creative suck, so there we go.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
i'm telling ya if bryan and ziggler have a match at wm brace urself for more disappointment, you really think vince is going to allow bryan and ziggler to steal the show better than triple h vs sting, cena vs rusev or reigns vs lesnar? no he wont. vince will limit what they do in the ring and give them little match time

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think it was already proven in 2013 with Daniel Bryan vs John Cena. It was face vs face but man, everything about it was so good and amazing ( and that was the best way for Bryan to be a champion )

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
This is gonna be the WWE version of an ROH feud.

I RESPECT YOU

I RESPECT YOU MORE

NUH UH

THIS IS WRESTLING!

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Disagree, sometimes face vs face are just so unpredictable it makes you second thought who could really win this. As a heel, (except if you're lesnar) you get a sense who is going to win. When you're a good guy taking on another good guy, there is that sense of unpredicability and anticipation of who is going to win. Good guy vs bad guys ended a long time ago. We no longer need that shit. Crowds don't buy in anymore unless it's good storyline material. And creative suck, so there we go.
Face vs Face only works if it's something like Rock vs Hogan, Rock vs Cena, Daniel Bryan vs John Cena Summerslam 2013

Not a "fight for respect/who's better", it's hard to cheer that, and in that case Daniel Bryan will be cheered while Ziggler gets booed, they'd expect Bryan to win, might as well make the feud interesting and make Ziggler heel, rather than some boring "fight for respect" storyline.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I sort of agree with you.

The thing is there maybe should be a "bad guy" and a "good guy" but the fans should be allowed to cheer for whoever they want.

It should be a fued. The two should hate each other. It doesn't have to be the "I respect you" stuff.

I just think there should be complexity. Grey Areas. Like half of the universe on one wrestlers side and the other half on another. Would even keep the matches interesting.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts

was watching this minutes ago, and i have to agree. bryan shouldn't be wrestling ziggler after last year's WM. it's a HUGE step down when you look at dolph and his lack of character building in the last year. i hope that this match happens on another PPV instead and not WM. no knock on ziggler.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Great post.

Agreed, turning Dolph would be criminal IMO.

Bryan vs Ziggler in a face vs face match about 2 guys who respect each other could be a wrestling classic if given the time. It's not ideal but it would seriously be memorable IMO in it's own way.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
It would be the best match on the card.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Face v heel is cliche. Sometimes they go as far as bury the heel for the face to look good. You might as well attend a monster truck show where one big car crush the little car there's no thrill.

Hogan and warrior; 2 terrible limited wrestlers but they tore the house down together in the SkyDome at wrestlemania 6. They were both face.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
It's possible considering wwe don't care about either of them, so putting them in a meaningless match makes sense, but from a fans perspective it's the best wrestling match possible and I'm sure everyone will love it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
We already had Face v Face matches that worked out perfectly fine.
The thing is you cant have a Heel v Heel match because the crowd wont (in theory) stand behind ether of them making it a dead match.

·
Banned
6,752 Posts
"Feuds don't always need faces vs villains" and "face vs heel is no longer needed at all anymore" are not the exact same thing.

Both Face vs Face and occasionally Heel vs Heel matches can work obviously, but that in no way means that the old dichotomy of Face vs Heel should be tossed out completely. I personally see little excitement in watching Bryan vs Ziggler go at it. OK, fine, it'd be a great match and I wouldn't complain, but it also reeks of, "Well, you two have nothing else better to do, so why not just fight each other."

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.