Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both on RAW and on SD Dolph proved once again that he can deliver good promos, there is absolutely no reason for them not to allow him more mic time. I think in the past year he has been the heel with the lowest mic time on both brands, and I can only think it was because that fiasco with Pat Patterson last year but that was just a case of crappy material he had to work with to begin with.

To make a heel truly credible and over, he needs to give promos, hopefully we will see more of that from now on.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
^ I think even Nick Ziggler could be a decent name, they were probably smoking weed when they came up with his name

To the OP, I've always been a fan of Ziggler, he has everything required, I've always thought he was good at promos as well

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Agreed, last week marked the first time he had spoken in months. Months! He deserves to be a top heel, and could easily be that, but as I've stated many times he's the victim of clueless booking. I'm hoping after Bragging Rights they will finally realize the talent they've been given and actually utilize it.

If they ever go for a name change I hope they keep Dolph as a part of it. It's unique and really suits him for some reason.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
What was the fiasco with Pat Patterson. Did Pat Patterson try and come on to him or something?
They had a in ring promo at Breaking Point last year. It wasn't really that bad, just the canadian crowd shit on it.

He'll not get a name change at this point, they've gone with it for this long so might as well carry it on.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
what happened with Pat Patterson?

·
Registered
649 Posts
They had a in ring promo at Breaking Point last year. It wasn't really that bad, just the canadian crowd shit on it.

He'll not get a name change at this point, they've gone with it for this long so might as well carry it on.
Dude legendary sig.

Back to the topic...Ziggler is my pick for MITB at Mania because i don't think he is too far from being a main eventer. He has had a lot of quality matches.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Basically, he had to make fun of Patterson's age. The material was cringe worthy, and the audience didn't react well. Wasn't really his fault but after that night he got little to no mic time whatsoever, and you can't expect a heel to get over if he doesn't deliver promos. Hopefully he will continue to get mic time on a regular basis from now on, he needs it, as does everyone who wants to be a main event wrestler.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
For what? The crowd died on him and when they brought up Vickie's name, the crowd went fucking insane with heat.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,816 Posts
This interview had an oldschool feel to it and I don't really know why. I liked it.
Exactly my thought when I watched it. Very oldschool; felt like a late '80s NWA heel promo. Liked it a lot.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For what? The crowd died on him and when they brought up Vickie's name, the crowd went fucking insane with heat.
Shocking that the crowd died for the heel that hadn't given a promo in 5 months. He is starting to get over though, the crowd's reaction in regards to him at Bragging Rights for example was far better than anything I've seen in the last year for Dolph.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Dolph ziggler in a ladder match at tlc vs who ever hmmm maybe cody would be spectacular if he ended up winning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts