Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was that? I was expecting to be blown away. They're supposed to be restoring prestige to the title. Daniel Bryan was on the money as he always is, but it was clear to me that Dolph was in way over his head. He was unable to keep up with Bryan's pace and looked out of place during many of the technical sequences. What should have been a potential match of the year wasn't even the match of the night.

If you want Bryan to restore prestige to the title, don't stick him with lame ducks. Now that Neville has been called up, he should be the next to feud with Bryan over the title. Sheamus would be another good idea as he's proven to have amazing chemistry with Bryan.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
Re: Ziggler proved tonight he can't hang with D-Bry

Yeah Ziggler's best moment ever will be getting rid of The Authority.

·
Registered
636 Posts

I think Sheamus Barrett Ziggs and Bryan are gonna 4 way it in various incarnations until it ultimately decends into Sheamus/Bryan. Sheamus/Bryan is Vince's go to mode for all things D-Bry.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I felt like Bryan was challenging Ziggler to be a better wrestler and not just a crazy seller.
I can agree with that, for sure. The thing is though, I feel like Ziggler wouldn't need to be challenged if he was on Bryan's level. I feel like Ziggler puts so much emphasis on his selling that he's lacking in offense.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts

I think Sheamus Barrett Ziggs and Bryan are gonna 4 way it in various incarnations until it ultimately decends into Sheamus/Bryan. Sheamus/Bryan is Vince's go to mode for all things D-Bry.
Yup, exactly what I was thinking. Bryan vs Sheamus obviously has potential but it sucks that we're likely not gonna get what could have been an insanely good match between Ziggler and Bryan on PPV.

·
Daddy's Home
2,943 Posts

That match made me give a shit about the IC title. That is, until JBL forgot what title was on the line, and then I remembered that none of the higher ups could give a fuck about that or the other mid card belt.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Obviously Bryan is the best wrestler in WWE. Ziggler's style isn't really hard hitting and Bryan wanted a stiff match. I think Bryan got legit pissed because Ziggle didn't take the kicks on the chest and kept putting his has up. Ziggler does better with spotty matches as oppose to stronger matches. He also botched some of the ground transitions which was weird because he's a legit wrestler. Although he probably hasn't trained amateur wrestling in a long time.

It was a good match with a lot of potential.

Reactions: Lothario

·
Banned
1,681 Posts

Ziggler is all show and no substance. Also despite Dolph's legitimate wrestling background, I just get the impression that Bryan could beat the shit out of him in real life.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Ziggler is all show and no substance. Also despite Dolph's legitimate wrestling background, I just get the impression that Bryan could beat the shit out of him in real life.
That's a good way of putting it. He's like a peacock. He can't resist an opportunity to show off his feathers, but I can see feathers just as impressive from any other peacock in any zoo around America.

·
Registered
350 Posts

My dead grandfather can hang with "D-Bry"(stupid nickname btw).

Statement doesn't hold too much weight tbh.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

They had a great match at Bragging Rights and I didn't have a problem with the match tonight though it's clear Ziggler wasn't ready for the strong style elements Bryan added to the match.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Honestly.. Last few matches between them I've thought Ziggler's looked great, but I don't think it's arguable anymore. Bryan is better than Ziggler. Ziggler is very close though just slightly behind him. Rollins, Cesaro and a motivated Randy Orton are in that tier also.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.