Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mick Foley once told a story that before he was called Mankind he was gonna be called "The Mutilator". After hearing this Foley KNEW that no matter what he did, he would NOT be able to get over using that name. So after he convinced Vince to change it to Mankind.

Personally I think Zigglers somewhat in that situation. Yes he has been really good lately, but imo I don't think he'll really get much farther with a name like that. The name DOLPH ZIGGLER honestly sounds like some jobber joke of a name no different than 'Bastion Booger' or 'The Brooklyn Brawler'. It doesn't sound like a name that would be headlining Wrestlemania, or just headlining any event for that matter.

I wish Vince would just go with his REAL name NICK NEMETH. To me thats a name that you can take alittle more serious and has more of an aweness to it. Much better than DOLPH ZIGGLES.

And to the people that say "Oh its just name it doesn't matter" are you sure thats really the truth? Because I'm pretty sure if someone like Randy Orton was named "Dandy Randy" or John Cena was named "Johnny Mcfaddler" they wouldn't be the huge stars they are today...

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Re: Ziggler needs name change...

Indeed, but Ziggler isn't good enough to main event anyway. He's as far as he should go, so it's no sweat off my back.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts

I guess it would be possible, they did it with Morrison, I almost have completely forgot that at one point his name was Johnny Nitro. Nick "The Natural" Nemeth sure does have a nice ring to it :rolleyes:

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts

The name is unusual, but I don't think it's terribly stupid. Ziggler has taken it and made it his own, so much to the point that I think it feels fairly natural at this point. Besides, he's been built very strong as IC Champion, a name change could kill all the momentum he's built.

It's not like his name's Michael McGillicutty.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I guess it would be possible, they did it with Morrison, I almost have completely forgot that at one point his name was Johnny Nitro. Nick "The Natural" Nemeth sure does have a nice ring to it :rolleyes:
WAY better than Dolph "The Ziggles" Ziggler lol.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
I agree that sticking him with that name in the first place was ill conceived. But, like cynic above me stated, he took the name and ran with it. He has become such a great talent that I don't even think about what a stupid name it is anymore. It's just part of what makes Dolph Ziggler such an awesome wrestler.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Nicky Nemeth, Nemeth or Nemesis are good ones...
Nicky Nemesis? LOL, he'd be BEGGING to have Dolph Ziggler as his name again with how low his credibility would sink with that name.

In fact, any name Nicky is just as bad. Just call him Nick Nemeth, don't go any crazier than that.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Ziggler Needs Alot of things he sucks big time now im not normally a hater but i think i HATE dolf ziggler he was allright before Vikkie but that killed any credibility he once had with me thats shit is old and it kinda sucked when Edge did it the first time i mean people boo her but not in a good heel way i boo her and him cause their shit at their job not cause their good heels wwe NEEDS to realise that the sooner the better time has pretty much run out for dolf but like i said his a mr perfect wannabe atleast swaggers got personality. Dolfs character is about as interesting and has as much personality as a plank of wood sorry about my rant but its all real DAMN REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Have him cut a promo similar to JoMo's in the beggining of his ECW reign and turn him to Nick Nemeth. Having a name as goofy as Dolph Ziggler (Dolphin,RuDolph,etc.) (Ziggie,Zigzag,etc.) just ruins his reputation overall

·
Banned
353 Posts
Eminem The Beatles Tupac the Rolling stones their stupid names if you think about it i agree with you but if your good enough your name dont matter Ice cube anyone ? 50 cent i no these are mostly rappers but im trying to make a point.
I just fought of one in wwe the MIZ wtf is Miz (i no its a short verion of his last name) but people who dont look that up wouldnt have a clue and his over as hell did i mention his small and weak ?

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I didn't say Nicky Nemesis, just "Nemesis" or...Whatever bad idea. But Nemeth sticks.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Sorry for multiple posts that goes to show you how much i hate this guy whens he losing the bloody IC i cant wait why they have have him vs Kofi again is beyond and human sence they both suck Kofi drives me nuts tbo like striker said his to the point his so nice you hate him for it. Are the smackdown writes retarded why not Jack Swagger Kaval Drew Cody anyone MVP it would of been perfect :no::no:
I like how Smackdown is the Wrestling show but they need to make better matches and it would be perfect i wouldnt even mind Chris Masters getting on Smackdown more im just sick of Boring Dolf and Kofi and people say randy orton is Blandy Borton you must of never watched Smackdown Ziggers beyond bland and boring and of rant thanks i feel better now

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
Goodness. He's fine as is. He may never win a world title, but who cares? He's a good worker. PLENTY of good workers never won world titles.

·
Not Bruce Wayne
2,114 Posts
They should have him do what Morrison did when he was Nitro as ECW champion. Have Vickie come outand say Ziggler is giving up the title. Then later in the night have him come out and say he's going by his real name.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
Goodness. He's fine as is. He may never win a world title, but who cares? He's a good worker. PLENTY of good workers never won world titles.
Exactly. It's not like it's any worse than Daniel Bryan :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts