Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
This is why Dolph is one of the greats. No one else could one month face Kofi for the WWE Title, next month squashed by Goldberg, next month tag champions with Roode, next month facing Roman Reigns in the main event, next month losing to Otis and now back in the WWE Title picture.

He really is an incredible superstar. Some people moan when Askua or Bray Wyatt lose just one match, they couldn't do what Dolph does. He's a real star and I hope he wins the WWE Title.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Complete filler defense for Drew. I appreciate they have history, but everything else is stupid. Dolph hasn't won a match in God knows how long so no one can take him seriously in that role.

·
rasslin
3,028 Posts
Should've went with Lashley and Drew II with Lashley going over.

Dolph isn't anywhere close to a main eventer anymore and I'm not sure if he ever was.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Damn another midcard title match for their new FOTC. What do you guys think will main event this year? Everything seems super fuller. Maybe strowman finally?

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Hard to take this match seriously when all Ziggler does is lose every big match he is in. This will be another one.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I'd laugh if Ziggler won the title, not because I'm a fan, just because nobody expects it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The match should be pretty good and Ziggler selling that Claymore again will be a highlight. But it just doesn't feel like a big match at all.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The match should be pretty good and Ziggler selling that Claymore again will be a highlight. But it just doesn't feel like a big match at all.
They have to make this some sort of stipulation match. And then Drew must murder Ziggler. There is no other way.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,101 Posts
they really are running out of ideas for challengers lol. lashley now this. and what has he even done to deserve it? he lost a feud to otis ffs.

Reactions: Ace and MoxAsylum

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
Sure make Ziggler the #1 contender, but they couldn't do some sort of qualifying match first? It's not like they're pressed for time. Extreme Rules is in a month, they had 3-4 Raw to build. That's why I haven't watched Raw in almost a decade.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Match will be good, but it's ludicrious that a glorified jobber from Smackdown who constantly loses and is coming off a program with Otis (where he lost) comes to Raw and gets a WWE title shot straight away. It's a joke. Might as well have Shelton Benjamin and Drew in a program for Summerslam while we are at it. Dolph has zero momentum, zero credibility and zero chance of winning the title - why should anyone care about this match? This is the opening match of a PPV.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sure make Ziggler the #1 contender, but they couldn't do some sort of qualifying match first? It's not like they're pressed for time. Extreme Rules is in a month, they had 3-4 Raw to build. That's why I haven't watched Raw in almost a decade.
Why waste a week on a stupid #1 contender's match just to name the next guy? Just tell us who it is and get to the program.

Besides there plenty of history there...the last time Dolph and Drew were on RAW together, Drew killed Dolph in a steel cage. So why wouldn't Dolph want revenge now that he has a chance?

·
Southern Pride
3,357 Posts
McIntyre vs. Ziggler will probably be a good match because both guys can go in the ring.

The negative thing about it is that not only is their zero believably of Ziggler beating McIntyre but ALSO they have used this spot for Ziggler to death already in the past. No wins, no big pushes, no nothing for Ziggler before he challenges McIntyre. Just straight to getting a WWE Championship match at a C PPV as filler after Otis defeated him.

Ziggler is back to being stale again and I am positive that not many are excited to see him in this match. Maybe only people that don't follow wrestling often.

Reactions: RBrooks

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
Why waste a week on a stupid #1 contender's match just to name the next guy? Just tell us who it is and get to the program.

Besides there plenty of history there...the last time Dolph and Drew were on RAW together, Drew killed Dolph in a steel cage. So why wouldn't Dolph want revenge now that he has a chance?
Sure, having a guy who has barely won one match this year become the #1 contender because the champion kicked his ass some time last year is much better storytelling than having him earn a title shot. To each their own I guess.

·
Team AEW
2,981 Posts
Again I ask - why in the mother of FUCK did they move AJ Styles to Smackdown? Wearing that IC belt is more important than a program with the world champion? This company.

First time I saw this, I just rolled my eyes. I don't want filler challengers for Drew, I want fucking competition, but the more it goes, the shittier it gets. Should be a very good match, but that match means absolutely nothing. I get that you want to waste time until you get to Drew vs Orton, but can you at least try? Again, what's wrong with Drew vs AJ, even as a one-off? Drew vs Rollins was fine. If it's too short, they can always revisit later. Just, tons of possibilities, honestly.

I just don't get it, why would you put so much stock in Drew and then purposelessly have him face challengers that get less credible by the week. Protect him, have him face actual important guys, don't shove this Ziggler nonsense to me when I know that Ziggler lost clean to a comedy guy. Ziggler is beyond repair. This feud can't possibly work, nobody will buy it.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts