Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say I've been really impressed by Dolph Ziggler lately. I know a lot of other people have been as well. He has improved tremendously over the past 9-10 months, and I think he's the best IC Champion we've had in years.

His ring presence is outstanding. He's a great seller and he just seems to bring a lot of energy to his matches. I'm glad they appear to be keeping him paired up with Vicky, she's such a heat magnet and really helps round out his character as a heel. He's been so awesome lately that I think the audience may start cheering for him if it wasn't for Vicky.

He's had a couple successfull title defenses already against Kofi and MVP, but I hope he holds the belt for a long, long time honestly. He's definitely bringing credibility back to that title in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Agreed. His matches with Daniel Bryan are definitely some of the best matches of this year. I think Kaval should be his next challenger.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I agree completely. I wish he was a little stronger on mic but Vicki makes up for it.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Ziggler is awesome. He's officially better than Billy Gunn and I can no longer compare the two.

Reactions: The_Jiz

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He definitely adds some value to the IC title after two horrendous reigns from McIntyre and Kofi.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
this is what happens when you give someone an extended run with the title and let defend it along the way multiple times. it builds characters and lets the wrestler show that he actually has skills. ziggler has had great matches with kingston and bryan and has even showed that he can brawl with the likes of montel vontavious porter. ziggler has had a great run, but i think that he will eventually lose the title to kaval, whose first win will be against ziggler for the championship.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
He's had the most entertaining reign since Jericho last year IMO

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Oh definitely. Wish he had some more mic time but yeah I'm a huge fan of his reign. Great matches all round.

Would love to see him face Kaval in a lengthy fued next.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
Begrudgingly agree. His match with Dragon could well be MOTY from all promotions. That was a classic old school IC-style bout.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Dolph is great but I'd like to see an MVP/Kaval match over the title.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,111 Posts
I actually give WWE credit. They sat on Ziggler an entire year and let him further develop, continue to get better, add more moves to his repertoire (including his Sleeper finisher) and truly tested him before giving him this run a year later. While the process annoyed quite a few Ziggler fans, I'd say in the end we've all benefited because he's truly come into his own just before and during this reign. The relationship with Vickie has aided him greatly as well, and was a wise move to get someone who had more than earned a good spot on the card with his skills much more over. Win/win/win.

Reactions: What 3:16

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I've been a Ziggler fan ever since his time in the Spirit Squad. He's fantastic, and he keeps getting better. The pairing with Vickie struck me as awkward at first, but now I like it. It's getting him heat, and it forwards the sleazy scumbag side of his character. You can almost see him thinking, "Well, it worked for Edge..."

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeh, Dolph Ziggler has been a very good IC Champion and one of the best champions in a long time. Good thing that had his own storyline with this love triangle thing with Vickie and Katelyn which was fine.

I think he needs more competition, i would like to see him face Kaval and i would have Dolph approach him backstage and just make fun of of him by calling him a loser and say that he will never win the pretigegus IC title..that just what i think.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Yes, Ziggler is really good as a IC Champ. He also gives the Title meaning. I always like lenghty reigns (when it's a good Champion/Wrestler) and I hope that Ziggler will be IC Champ for a long time. It's good for Ziggler and for the Title. There's nothing wrong for Ziggler to be in the midcard like that, because when he's the upper midcarder as IC Champ, he can shine like this.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I agree. I've always been a Ziggler fan but his work as IC champion has just made him stand out, and he's been very impressive throughout his reign.

I think he has everything it takes to be world champion. He's one of the best in ring workers in the company, he's got a ton of charisma, he's good on the mic, has great ring presence. He's just great all round and his IC title reign has really added some crediblility to the title, much like Bryan is doing the same with the US title. I like it when you can have a title feud and not feel the need to switch the title holder at all, and that's what's happened with Ziggler. He's had a nice long title reign that's done wonders for him.

I don't want him to drop it yet either. I think his title reign could go on for a little while longer until he's almost main event ready.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
I agree with this thread. Ziggler's character has this retro feel to it. He reminds me a lot of Curt Hennig, but he's a lot more energetic in the ring than Hennig was. Now, Ziggler's got a ways to go to measure up to Hennig in terms of in-ring talent, but not a lot of people measure up to Hennig.

Ziggler is a great talent.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I agree with this thread. Ziggler's character has this retro feel to it. He reminds me a lot of Curt Hennig, but he's a lot more energetic in the ring than Hennig was. Now, Ziggler's got a ways to go to measure up to Hennig in terms of in-ring talent, but not a lot of people measure up to Hennig.

Ziggler is a great talent.
Was going to say something similar. The similarities to Hennig are uncanny at times. He has that same arrogance and the potential to get to his level and much like Hennig is bringing real credibility to the IC title.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts