Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Why is everyone so against Ziggler holding a title? Since consistent booking has been completely thrown out of the window by WWE, then why not hand the title over to guys like Miz and Ziggler after years of hard work? They both deserve it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Why is everyone so against Ziggler holding a title? Since consistent booking has been completely thrown out of the window by WWE, then why not hand the title over to guys like Miz and Ziggler after years of hard work? They both deserve it.
I don't mind anyone being champion if the booking is right titles are just story devices and if the story is logical and strong enough for them to be champion I don't why people get so outraged. Miz when he's booked well as a heel is one of the strongest characters wwe can have and ziggler is one of the best performers they have in the ring when they let him work and don't make him look like a J-brone

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I would love to see Ziggler win but I don't think it will happen. To be honest being a fan of Ziggler is quite a fun experience, you never know what he will do next. Last year he went from facing Kofi Kingston for the WWE Title to being thrown in there with Goldberg. This year he lost to Otis at Wrestlemania then suddenly found himself facing Drew for the WWE Title. It's always a fun ride and who knows where Ziggler go next. He'll probably win the NXT mid card title out the blue.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would love to see Ziggler win but I don't think it will happen. To be honest being a fan of Ziggler is quite a fun experience, you never know what he will do next. Last year he went from facing Kofi Kingston for the WWE Title to being thrown in there with Goldberg. This year he lost to Otis at Wrestlemania then suddenly found himself facing Drew for the WWE Title. It's always a fun ride and who knows where Ziggler go next. He'll probably win the NXT mid card title out the blue.
Ziggler is a guy you can just put anywhere on a card and hes fine not amazing but fine and his ring is always gonna be great for t.v. And ppv

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Dolph is a mid way stepping stone for the champ on a B ppv til the champ gets a bing contender guy on a A ppv like SummerSlam.

Stipulation should be: if you can pull in a 2.5 rating for Raw we'll automatically you the belt

·
Southern Pride
3,502 Posts
It's because Dolph Ziggler the WWE character has no credibility. He has lost so much that him beating McIntyre would hurt McIntyre a ton more than boost Ziggler. Theirs nothing fresh with Ziggler right now.

A lot of wrestlers deserve Championship runs but not all of them can get it. Someone has to be the one to take the pins. That is Dolph Zigglers role. Doesn't make him any less of a wrestler. In fact i'm positive that Ziggler is in this spot because he is so good at bumping his ass off. It's like a blessing and a curse at the same time for him, but it has kept him employed for so long.

WWE sees him as dependable guy to put others over. That is success for Ziggler and I am sure that he sees it that way.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It's because Dolph Ziggler the WWE character has no credibility. He has lost so much that him beating McIntyre would hurt McIntyre a ton more than boost Ziggler. Theirs nothing fresh with Ziggler right now.

A lot of wrestlers deserve Championship runs but not all of them can get it. Someone has to be the one to take the pins. That is Dolph Zigglers role. Doesn't make him any less of a wrestler. In fact i'm positive that Ziggler is in this spot because he is so good at bumping his ass off. It's like a blessing and a curse at the same time for him, but it has kept him employed for so long.

WWE sees him as dependable guy to put others over. That is success for Ziggler and I am sure that he sees it that way.
I think Ziggler is at the point of his career now where he's making very good 6 figure money and also he has freedom to go out and do his comedy stuff or whatever he does outside of wrestling because he is a guy who's just slotted in when they need him

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I don't mind anyone being champion if the booking is right titles are just story devices and if the story is logical and strong enough for them to be champion I don't why people get so outraged. Miz when he's booked well as a heel is one of the strongest characters wwe can have and ziggler is one of the best performers they have in the ring when they let him work and don't make him look like a J-brone
He just came out of a really great feud with Otis. Honestly its getting so illogical seeing WWE to book guys who have been doing nothing jobbing for the past year or more get a title shot.

I agree. I absolutely respect the fact that they are choosing veterans to put others over. Ziggler and him also have history etc. But the fact is, we know how much guys like Ziggler, Miz and Lashley who have been jobbing out for so long & what their inevitable fate will be. It just makes it too obvious when they challenge and lose. They need Mcintyre to face more credible competitors to make him look more credible cause his run and his booking is just feeling as lousy as Kofis was. Instead WWE decides to make every other PPV not matter and feel like filler. After eating what how many pins from Otis? Ziggler is looking even more ridiculous than any of Mcintyres challengers. Years of hard work & jobbing out will never amount to anything, apart of that kind of annoys me, but people won't look you as credible anymore based on your past, even though you get championship opportunities here & there. I know all these guys I mentioned need the proper build to get them into the world title picture. That's really all it is.

·
Registered
259 Posts
He just came out of a really great feud with Otis. Honestly its getting so illogical seeing WWE to book guys who have been doing nothing jobbing for the past year or more get a title shot.

I agree. I absolutely respect the fact that they are choosing veterans to put others over. Ziggler and him also have history etc. But the fact is, we know how much guys like Ziggler, Miz and Lashley who have been jobbing out for so long & what their inevitable fate will be. It just makes it too obvious when they challenge and lose. They need Mcintyre to face more credible competitors to make him look more credible cause his run and his booking is just feeling as lousy as Kofis was. Instead WWE decides to make every other PPV not matter and feel like filler. After eating what how many pins from Otis? Ziggler is looking even more ridiculous than any of Mcintyres challengers. Years of hard work & jobbing out will never amount to anything, apart of that kind of annoys me, but people won't look you as credible anymore based on your past, even though you get championship opportunities here & there. I know all these guys I mentioned need the proper build to get them into the world title picture. That's really all it is.
That's my point I don't mind who becomes champion if there booked to look like they should be. But your right Ziggler has been booked bad for years now so we all know what's gonna happen when he does go after the world title. But if he was booked strong then ziggler is a guy id take as a world champion because he's good enough to put on great world-class performances but his bookings been so bad that time has been and gone it seems

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
The Ziggler rematch is there for Randy to make his statement.
Fully expect Randy to send a message to Drew by delivering the punt to Ziggler.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts