Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go ahead and make a thread to cover this topic on its own.

Who would like to see a U.S./Intercontinental title unification Best of 7 series between Ziggler and Bryan?

If they did, Ziggler should win and Bryan should chase.

Thoughts?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Bryan should win if this takes place, but what's the reason? I mean, storyline wise. I know you want to see numerous great matches, but there has to be a reasoning behind it and there's no reason to unify the titles. The Divas and Tag titles were unified because competition is virtually non existant. That isn't the case with these titles, anybody can get a shot whenever. Bryan proved he's better than Ziggler, it's over.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I really enjoyed last night's match. It was easily the best of the night, it was some of the best wrestling WWE has seen in quite some time, and I'm glad that many fans seemed to enjoy it.

But 1) let's not start a feud where there wasn't one. This was a match for Bragging Rights, WWE got a positive response so they're showcasing it on Raw, and that'll probably be it. Best of 7 matches should be saved for good feuds.

2) I think it's great that people are so excited about this match. I understand why - it's a comparative thing. Compared to everything else in WWE, this match was fantastic. That said, if you want to see more matches of this quality, rather than beg WWE for a Best of 7 series between these two, you should just watch Ring of Honor or other top-notch indy feds. This match wouldn't stand out at all at an ROH card. I'm not saying this to be some sort of Indy smark or something like that. I'm saying it because I watch wrestling for the wrestling, I'm really happy that other fans are excited to see good wrestling, and I'm making it as a recommendation to watch more great wrestling.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
I'd be down with a best of 7 series but this isn't the one I'd pick. Has to be upper mid-carders on the cusp of the main event. Otherwise, it won't compare to the classic Benoit/Booker T best of 7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts