Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They left him off so they can have time for more important stuff like the Slater/Lauper/Piper segment.
Fucking idoits! i can deal with all the stupid shit and then Cena but to deny Zack Ryder an opportunity in his home town his criminal after all his done when his clearly over is pathetic

·
Banned
609 Posts
This isn't a case of "never being happy", because I normally never say (fuck WWE) or whatever else most people say. Granted I do show my distaste for Cena, but I'm not different than the people booing him in the crowd after he wins.

However, when it comes stuff like this I really do question not just the logic, but the moral conscious of whoever it is that makes these decisions like keeping a guy who has proven to make money and merchandise, and a guy who is extremely over with almost every crowd, off of the show, let alone in his home town.
They ignore the fans chants, and then wonder why attendance is down. (not saying Ryder is the reason, but just an example of WWE not knowing how to cater to each specific crowds wants).

I have no answer. It's not funny. And like I said in the Raw thread, they aren't screwing Ryder out by "ribbing him" they are screwing the fans over who want to see him which judging by tonight was a lot.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
Ryder should have been out there. They wanted Ryder, but WWE denied them. Not a wise move to basically tell the fans to fuck off.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
They did the same thing the last time Raw was in Long Island, so it's not really a surprise. Vince (and Triple H and whoever) are dicks. They don't want Ryder to be big, so they constantly cut him off at the knees. They couldn't have the lowly Zack Ryder get a bigger pop than John "Center of the Universe" Cena, could they?

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
They did the same thing the last time Raw was in Long Island, so it's not really a surprise. Vince (and Triple H and whoever) are dicks. They don't want Ryder to be big, so they constantly cut him off at the knees. They couldn't have the lowly Zack Ryder get a bigger pop than John "Center of the Universe" Cena, could they?
Don't forget that HHH was on the show too.. heaven forbid that he be outpopped by the local boy

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Who cares. He's been irrelevant and directionless for months now, and off TV frequently, so Ryder not showing tonight isn't really surprising. The demand for him wasn't huge either, I recall hearing some brief ''we want Ryder'' chants in one segment, but it was nothing like the support he was getting in November of last year when he was at his peak of relevancy. It just shows how far he's fallen, I wasn't even aware it was his hometown, the support from the crowd was just that weak.

Maybe he'll be on Superstars this week.

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
Ryder definitely shoulda been on, atleast squeeze him into a backstage segment!
Edit: He is on Superstars so the crowd did get to see him after all.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Who cares. He's been irrelevant and directionless for months now, and off TV frequently, so Ryder not showing tonight isn't really surprising. The demand for him wasn't huge either, I recall hearing some brief ''we want Ryder'' chants in one segment, but it was nothing like the support he was getting in November of last year when he was at his peak of relevancy. It just shows how far he's fallen, I wasn't even aware it was his hometown, the support from the crowd was just that weak.

There were chants all night for the guy. I was there, and Cena brought him out after the show was over. Just about the pop of the night.

·
Registered
547 Posts

Did you have your sound off during the Cyndi Lauper segment or something? That chant was pretty huge.

I even recall a we want Ryder chant during tonight's main event, along with a few other matches.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts

Did you have your volume turned down? I'm no Ryder mark but there were audible chants for him during virtually every segment including the main event.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I'm not a Ryder fan but its ridiculous that a guy can get over and still not be used. I'm sure its disheartening for all talents when a guy getsw over and the screws are put to him.
That's how the WWE works. The guys that they want to push will get attention no matter what. It explains why ADR is constantly getting title shots and main event time when his ring announcer is more over than he is.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I don't care if people don't like him; it's a FUCKING disgrace, and you all know it.

The guy is STILL over, yet they don't use him in his HOME TOWN. His HOME TOWN. You want to make a star? Give him a huge pop one time and it will sink. Take CM Punk for example. If he didn't get a humongous pop in Chicago, he may have not became a face as quickly. Crowds follow the leader sometimes, and if Ryder got a huge reaction once, it will pass on.

I don't understand the logic of the WWE brass. Then again, when should we? Most of the times they are pathetic.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
It doesn't matter if he sucks, he should still have been utilized in his home fucking town where he was obviously wanted. Its not like they had anything else in the midcard. FIND a way to get him on the show. Its not even hard.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I'll admit I wasn't paying attention during some parts, and I may of missed some chants, but who could blame me, it was a crappy show. While you all jumped on me for that though, you failed to address the valid point I raised that Ryder's a nobody now. There isn't any reason to put him on TV. He's seemed to have drifted from that mid-carder who got way too much TV exposure in late last year, to the under-card, borderline-jobber he is now who rarely gets any TV time anymore.

There's only role I could of seen Ryder in tonight:

1) Squashed by a returning Del Rio (it's happened before) but instead they used Santino. I'm sure the crowd wouldn't of liked that, but WWE have a history for embarrassing talents in their hometowns so it could of happened.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Who's fault is it that Ryder is a nobody? He was the most over guy in the company, one of the top merch sellers and they shit on him for no reason. Well there was a reason, it was to try and boost Cena's popularity in the short-term during his feud with Kane.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts