Wrestling Forum banner

Zack Ryder; woo woo woo.

3231 Views 28 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Adramelech
Probably been a heap of threads about how awesome Zack Ryder is, but, I'm fairly new and haven't seen any.

'Long Island Ice Z', if WWE books him right, and gives him a better gimmick.. then he could easily be a top guy. He has amazing in-ring ability, and great charisma. Take a look at the video below;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ3D4WTdhuY&feature=related

That is a PERFECT tiger bomb. The guy needs atleast a mid-card title run.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
6,748 Posts
His look is horrible, but the guy has enough talent, and charisma to stay in the mid card, and provide solid feuds for the future. Not getting, or liking the Woo, Woo, Woo thing either. No, he won't be a main event talent ever!

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Zack Ryder is awesome. Firstly he actually has a character and not the generic "I'm mean" heel or "Stand up for what's right" good guy.

Keep him as he is and just push the guy!

· FEED ME LESS!
3,857 Posts
His look is horrible, but the guy has enough talent, and charisma to stay in the mid card, and provide solid feuds for the future. Not getting, or liking the Woo, Woo, Woo thing either. No, he won't be a main event talent ever!

He will never even be close to a main event man< im not all that into him, his gimmick is just plain awfull. I dont mind him being on superstars with the occasional night of raw.

· Premium Member
753 Posts
You only see him on superstars he's gonna be one of those wrestlers that u'll see the WWE let go this year and he ends up going to TNA.
On the plus side he'd be a main eventer on TNA.

· Registered
51 Posts
The guy definately has charisma and I've laughed at some of the paint by numbers jokes he has said on tv. I'm just glad he got rid of those god-awful tights he used to wear.

The most to hope for in the near future would be a meaningful mid-card feud on raw after the RTWM, possibly a move to smackdown for more air-time.

· Registered
337 Posts
Ryder has it all, seriously. Microphone skills; check. In ring talent; check. Charisma; check. A gimmick; check. A decent-good look; check.

He's over the top and that's PERFECT for the current mid card - upper mid card. It's such a shame, too because Ryder has what it takes to become a world champion. Provided he toned down his over the top gimmick and then turned that into a more serious, more focused persona I can easily see him reaching main event status. It's unfortunate for both Ryder and RAW's mid card that they have turned him into a jobber and choose to only feature him on Superstars because it's such a mis-use of talent.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
IWC response: hes not a main event guy cus he is currently jobbing. doesnt mean shit! they push who they want, look at miz.

· Registered
257 Posts
I honestly love Zach Ryder as a character and a performer. I think that Ryder VS Danielson would be a PHENOMENAL feud, but only after WWE quits jobbing out Ryder and takes him seriously for a few months

· Registered
306 Posts
Ryder needs to win the US belt and rename is the Long Island championship. WWWYKI.

Why he's stuck on Superstars is beyond me. I know WWE isn't huge on having actual characters these days but if they stuck him in a storyline he'd get a ton of heat.

· One Winged Angel
3,708 Posts
I went to a house show in Vancouver, BC, Canada tonight and I was easily the biggest Zack Ryder mark there. He was set to face off with Primo, but the GM sent a message saying that there would be a sing off instead... yawn. But Ryder was awesome here. He started to sing the USA national anthem to large boos "oh say can you see..." and instead of singing the rest of the lyrics he sang "woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo" to the tune of the anthem. It was awesome. XD

· Registered
4,924 Posts
Ryder has it all, seriously. Microphone skills; check. In ring talent; check. Charisma; check. A gimmick; check. A decent-good look; check.

He's over the top and that's PERFECT for the current mid card - upper mid card. It's such a shame, too because Ryder has what it takes to become a world champion. Provided he toned down his over the top gimmick and then turned that into a more serious, more focused persona I can easily see him reaching main event status. It's unfortunate for both Ryder and RAW's mid card that they have turned him into a jobber and choose to only feature him on Superstars because it's such a mis-use of talent.
So, basically, take away his character and turn him into another generic "serious" heel. You're probably right. They will do that to him. And I bet they'll put him into a suit, tidy him up, and turn him into yet another bland Jericho clone. Worked for The Miz.

Either way, he's way too young to get any serious push. Still has to pay his dues and all that. Like most people, he'll get a major push when he's 30. If he hasn't jumped to TNA by then.

· Registered
337 Posts
So, basically, take away his character and turn him into another generic "serious" heel. You're probably right. They will do that to him. And I bet they'll put him into a suit, tidy him up, and turn him into yet another bland Jericho clone. Worked for The Miz.

Either way, he's way too young to get any serious push. Still has to pay his dues and all that. Like most people, he'll get a major push when he's 30. If he hasn't jumped to TNA by then.
I bet Ryder could easily play the Jericho clone character better than The Miz ever could. But no, I was not implying that I wanted Ryder to turn into a Jericho clone should he be given a main event push, so I do not need those types of generalisations. If Ryder were ever to be given a main event push, then I would want him to turn down his gimmick from about a 15 to an 8 or an 8.5, which would allow the audience to take Ryder as a serious competitor/contender.

· Registered
115 Posts
Ryder needs a push. A storyline against Daniel Bryan would great, but first he needs a push. Maybe a feud against R-Truth which Ryder has to win.
Ryder could have a Tv segment 'Road to Rydermania'.
He's a great performer, maybe he could be the new ÜOld Jericho'. But he woulnd't be a cheao copy, he would play his role with his own style.

· Banned
2,283 Posts
Ryder needs a push. A storyline against Daniel Bryan would great, but first he needs a push. Maybe a feud against R-Truth which Ryder has to win.
Ryder could have a Tv segment 'Road to Rydermania'.
He's a great performer, maybe he could be the new ÜOld Jericho'. But he woulnd't be a cheao copy, he would play his role with his own style.
Road To Rydermania is perfect.

i think he has great mic skills, charisma, ring skills and he can become a very great midcarder. just look at this thread, half of us think he is great, the other half hate him. that already shows that he can have heat/pop from the fans

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.