Wrestling Forum banner

zack ryder was trending on twitter last night

3739 Views 31 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  Kalashnikov
what more proof is needed for the wwe to give him a push?

cm punk, dolph ziggler, john cena, and others want the wwe to push him and the fans want the wwe to push him

he gets a reaction, he's over with the crowd and last night the wwe missed a golden opportunity to have a backstage skit with ryder and snooki
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,765 Posts
Zack Ryder is smart, he knows that merchandise sales is what speaks to Vince. That's why he's been pushing for people to buy his shirt by offering to send an autograph to anyone who buys it and takes a picture of themselves wearing it and posting said picture to his Twitter. Also, he had pushed to get his "Woo Woo Woo" headband to go on sale, and now it will be soon.

· Banned
10,561 Posts
I was disappointed about how little time he got last night. Hopefully things will pick up for him after Wrestlemania.

· Banned
6,748 Posts
He knows how to carry a gimmick well, and especially the one he has currently. However, I think he needs a more serious look. There is too much silly color in his attire, and it reminds me of jobber attire from WCW during the early 90's. Ryder needs to reunite with Hawkins, and they need to become the tag team named "Jersey's Most Wanted", or simply JMW. These two have both come a long way since their first stint as the The Ryders. Perhaps Jersey's Most Wanted vs Edge & Christian? A tag team reunion feud.:rolleyes:

· Banned
6,835 Posts
Tyler Reks was trending on Twitter once, it doesn't really men anything.

But I still think Zack Ryder is one of the best all round talents right now, I'm not complaining about his lack of push atm because he is only 25 but they need to start pushing him sooner or later.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
meh. give him a push where?

and i don't say this because i'm not a fan of him or the character. i've loved it since ECW. but to the WWE, he's a comedy character. nowadays WWE just doesn't really do much with their comedy characters.

look at Santino. Santino might be one of the most over guys in the company, AND he can wrestle. but he'll never get past where he is now. he'll continue to do little comedy segments and get some tag title reigns.

if you mean push Zack Ryder to a Santino-like status, he'll probably get there someday. but past that? probably not with his gimmick.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Well, he did get a 'push'...lol.

Anyways, no offence but he's just as goofy as Grand Master Sexay, totally agree with Rawlin that he ain't gonna get past jobberville with his current gimmick. But, i'll be happy if WWE gives him more screen time, i've been saying this for awhile...he needs his own web show or weekly segment on the main brand, he's simply a comedy gold and WWE should capitalize on it.

Reactions: PunkFan

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Why should Zack Ryder find that comparison offensive?
2Cool was more over than 80 percent of today's roster.

You push him and DZP to midcard belts, like the U.S. belt and the Intercontinental belts
and tag teaming.
My point is in today's WWE he won't get push as a single wrestler beyond low midcard with such goofy jobber gimmick despite how over he is, not saying that it's a bad gimmick or anything because i find it entertaining but anyone who expects him to get a big push should expect to be disappointed, Ryder has talent but he's stuck in a gimmick that is perfect for a jobber role, even if he gets a push he'll probably get a tag team championship push at best similar to Santino. Actually, DZP as modern day Too Cool sounds pretty cool, even though they don't dance but they like to have fun, if only WWE gives a shit about TTD i think they will make an entertaining tag team champions.

· Registered
5,174 Posts
He knows how to carry a gimmick well, and especially the one he has currently. However, I think he needs a more serious look. There is too much silly color in his attire, and it reminds me of jobber attire from WCW during the early 90's. Ryder needs to reunite with Hawkins, and they need to become the tag team named "Jersey's Most Wanted", or simply JMW. These two have both come a long way since their first stint as the The Ryders. Perhaps Jersey's Most Wanted vs Edge & Christian? A tag team reunion feud.:rolleyes:
I like Ryder, and I think his current gimmick's pretty good for him already. With the state of the tag division now I don't want him near it, really. I think the gimmick is still okay for a mid-carder, which I feel is where he can slot in best. Mid-card push is what I'm hoping for, since he isn't Vince's main-event type.

· Registered
5,561 Posts
He needs to get into a tag team. It seems the tag titles are ok to hold if you are a complete goof ball/ comedy character. Think that could be a start to get him more exposed. Not sure who he could tag with. I think WWE could bring darren young back and have them be a bunch of party boys. I know darren young did that in FCW with someone.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
being a 'comedy' character isnt the issue. not being taken seriously is the issue, got nothing to do with his character they just dont wanna get behind him yet. for being so young and jobberish hes got nothing to push him over. only other reason guys with his age and lack of experience would get pushed is cus they are really tall. hes gotta get there the hard way.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.