Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
Does he have any facial other than the somewhat angry but not overly intimidating face?

Don't forget though, Wheeler Yuta bleeding and never giving up was this generation's Austin passing out to the sharpshooter moment. :D

·
Registered
16,791 Posts
To be fair, he was put in a tough spot of having to go against MJF.

I guess that Yuta is going to be MJF's return match. He should at least have a better showing in the ring than on the mic lol

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
To be fair, he was put in a tough spot of having to go against MJF.
It would have been terrible if it was against Orange Cassidy.

·
Registered
37,039 Posts
I think the entire segment was pretty mid. I'm starting to see how older fans started getting tired of Rock on the mic, by the end of his run. MJF is a great speaker and controls the crowd well.

But the formula is kinda played. Insult crowd, I'm great, "wow did he just go there" moment.

Like the "they'd drink my spit" moment. It's like oh there's his say something edgy spot. Him talking cucks has been done so much it doesn't even register.

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
because people are the finished article day 1?

how will he get better if he gets no chances on the mic? I swear sometimes you guys act like Rocky came out of the womb fully formed with a mic under his nose
The Rock debuted in late ‘96 and was a star by mid-98. Wheeler has been in the business since 2014 and sounded like he was cutting his first ever promo. 😂

Some have it, some need Regal to speak for them. Jimmy Wang Yang Jr. is the latter.

Reactions: AlexBerg

·
Registered
25,535 Posts
The Rock debuted in late ‘96 and was a star by mid-98. Wheeler has been in the business since 2014 and sounded like he was cutting his first ever promo. 😂

Some have it, some need Regal to speak for them.
bruv, nobody i think is expecting him to become the Rock

but to get at least to Benoit level he'll need a bit of mic time, no? Otherwise 20 years on we're stuck with Claudio

Yuta is passable already.... WITHOUT a live mic. There is a promo of him and Daniel Garcia that was pretty good

he just needs practice - like from 04:50 is pretty solid

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I think the entire segment was pretty mid. I'm starting to see how older fans started getting tired of Rock on the mic, by the end of his run. MJF is a great speaker and controls the crowd well.

But the formula is kinda played. Insult crowd, I'm great, "wow did he just go there" moment.

Like the "they'd drink my spit" moment. It's like oh there's his say something edgy spot. Him talking cucks has been done so much it doesn't even register.
He always seems to force something in there. I remember an early one at a live AEW show I was at where he called Jericho “Chris cross applesauce” and must have thought that rolled off his tongue smoothly … it did not.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts