Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His match with the Miz on Smackdown got less views than Rowan and Strowman squashing two jobbers.

And on RAW, both The New Day segment and The Club/Cena segment got more views than him and Rollins fighting. The match between Ambrose and The Miz on RAW even got less views than Titus vs Rusev.

It seems as far as Youtube is concerned, Ambrose isn't drawing anywhere near the level Reigns was as champion. I can imagine the TV ratings will continue to echo that, because the last time I saw a breakdown of segment ratings Ambrose wasn't doing too well there either.

To be honest, I don't blame Ambrose for this at all. He has his faults but he is an entertaining guy who is probably doing a much better job than Reigns was as champion. It just shows that the way WWE has gone about building him up before his title win was absolutely terrible, as no one seems to care hes the champ.

It kind of makes me doubt myself about the whole Reigns situation. Maybe to the casuals, a guy like Reigns who looks good and wins all the time is really what draws? I mean, if Ambrose received the booking Reigns received, I can almost guarantee his views and buzz would be doubled, for better or worse.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hate to say it but Ambrose is overrated, his move set is cringeworthy and his gimmick is bland....Also his attire makes him look like a jobber
He is a good talker, he is charismatic, and he is a funny guy. He just needs to improve his in ring skill and have an actual defined gimmick. Too often he looks like a guy who is pretending to be crazy rather than a guy who is actually crazy.

If he does those things he can definitely be a credible champion. Which is why I think it was the wrong choice to put the title on him. He needs to improve first. He definitely should have won it down the line, but not now.

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
He is a good talker, he is charismatic, and he is a funny guy. He just needs to improve his in ring skill and have an actual defined gimmick. Too often he looks like a guy who is pretending to be crazy rather than a guy who is actually crazy.

If he does those things he can definitely be a credible champion. Which is why I think it was the wrong choice to put the title on him. He needs to improve first. He definitely should have won it down the line, but not now.
Yes, down the line right now his gimmick is all over the place and his punches are laughable at best, the only Shield guy that's established is Rollins

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
That's sad, as I want as many people to see him and his reign, but as a fan it doesn't affect me. I personally don't think how a casual fan perceives someone is reason to judge them being good or bad at what they do, and I hate that you can be the best wrestler in the world with great charisma, but if you peak at a low period you're looked upon with a negative asterisk next to your name. A massive shame.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
People on WF claim all the time that YouTube numbers mean nothing. Now all of a sudden cos it's Dean who is doing badly, they suddenly do matter. LOL, ok then.

The match on Raw was almost a carbon copy of the one on SD, which WWE neglected to even mention. Cole was all like "a rare champion vs champion match!" lol, I was just thinking "we just saw the SAME match last week" :lol

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
lol well, to be fair, no one watches Smackdown and probably won't until the draft. Combine that with the fact that this match just happened on RAW earlier this week and doesn't interest me. Some fault lies on the men for not having great in ring storytelling, but most of the fault lies on the people in the back that decided it was a great idea to do this match again knowing it wasn't special on RAW. Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago on Reigns's youtube numbers? Besides, it's just youtube and I think Rollins is the best out of The Shield. Ambrose could definitely draw more if they let him show his craziness like how he was in CZW. Everything is too damn scripted.

Reactions: DarkLady

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I just came back after checking the ratings for Raw, I am gonna be blunt and just saw the basics. Ambrose as champ garnered about over 3 million views on TV. Both weeks as champion. About 3,467,333 views when he won the title. And 3,093,333 views last week. No info about the July 4th show. This is actually very similar to Reigns. Both are even but Ambrose didnt get the build to his title win, so maybe that is why ratings are not as high.

http://www....................com/tags/raw-rating/

Here is a link if anyone wants to see.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
YouTube numbers don't mean much at all in the grand scheme of things so I wouldn't be too worried. But it does mean that the fans aren't as invested in him as other parts of the program otherwise people would care to re-watch his segments as much as they do others. Roman has a thing where people hate him so much they go on all his YouTube videos just to shit on him, so it racks up his numbers. He's actually CARED about, people just don't LIKE him. If Roman turns heel it's going to be a really big deal.

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,341 Posts
Doubt anyone gives a fuck about Youtube numbers :chlol

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.