Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
L U S H
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple little thread about members who are visually impaired, feel free to share any details.

I've been short sighted since when I was about 12 or 11(honestly can't remember). Roughly a year and a bit later because of my self conciousness and refusing to wear my glasses in public my vision drastically diminished over a 2 year period to a dioptre of -4.50, eventually I got over my insecurities (does helps that glasses became a trend as well) and also started wearing contact lenses. Nowadays my vision is still at the same level and I find myself wearing contact lenses about %70 of the time and rolling with the glasses for the rest.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I have awful vision. Have since I was like 16. I rocked contacts for a few years but they got annoying.

·
#63notout
4,195 Posts
I've had shit sighting ever since I was 14.

I thought the teacher was writing jibberish on the whiteboard and I had to spend the whole class sitting at the front squinting my eyes or copying off somebody.
It only dawned on me to get my glasses checked when I was watching footy and couldn't even see the score.

I explain to my mates that my eyesight is like watching a youtube in 144p and when I put on my glasses it's like 1080p :kobe3

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
My vision's fucking terrible, and it's the same way for everyone in my family. My parents blame VIDEO GAMES~!, but I blame the fact that I'm Asian. :side:

Reactions: charlesxo

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts
Nearsighted.

I avoided my glasses for a long ass time, but damn it's amazing how clear shit is when I put em on. When I was at RAW, if I didn't have my glasses for that show, I would have been fucked. Me and my oldest sis wear specs, but I guess my 2 younger sisters are gonna eventually have to wear em because everybody in my fam wears em except my older bro, at least I think.

5,116 Posts
When I was in grade one, my mother took me to the optometrist prior to the scheduled school eye exams because I’d told her I was having trouble seeing the board. The doctor told her he wasn’t surprised; what did surprise him was that I could see the school.

I’m high negative prescription in both eyes, but the right is worse and my colour vision on that side is desaturated. I’m also somewhat green/blue/purple colour blind – I misidentify blues as purples and greens as blues and so on – but since I’m consistent in it, the problem isn’t severe, though my colour interpretation was always good for a laugh in design school and at work. Oh, and I obviously struggled badly with colour theory. :lol

I used to wear contacts all the time – started in grade school – but my right eye can’t tolerate them for more than an hour anymore, which really bothers me since I find glasses very inconvenient and because I have a really tiny face that makes buying appealing frames a chore. I often have to hunt about in the children’s selections or whatever’s available in Asian Fit, when I’m lucky enough to find it (not Asian, but I have the low nose bridge/high cheek bone combo Asian fit is designed for). I wanted surgery, but apparently it won’t work on me. :sad:

·
Listen. No really, LISTEN.
5,851 Posts
Nearsighted. And it's about time I got a new prescription. I can't even wear my work glasses anymore.

Been wearing glasses since high school. I tried contacts at one point, but couldn't get them out. So they stayed in there for about 20 hours before I went back and had help getting them out. Might try hard contacts though, so I can use that little suction cup they give you.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
I have slight Ambloypia in my right eye which causes one eye to be near sighted and the other eye to be far sighted.

Have had glasses my whole life.

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
I cannot see distance. Up close vision is fine. Thinking about getting contacts but I don't know the idea of putting them in my eye freaks me out a bit. But I imagine once you do it for a week it becomes second nature and not a big deal.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts