Wrestling Forum banner

Your thoughts on WWE paying for Scott Hall's rehab

2836 Views 36 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  TKOK
Not sure if this should be in the WWE section, or the TNA section. But I'll put it here for now.

Over the past number of years, WWE has paid for drug/alcohol rehab for a number of it's wrestlers/ex-wrestlers. One of them currently is Scott Hall. He apparently did a recent rehab stint, and is supposed to be doing another one soon. Shouldn't TNA be paying for this? Maybe they did offer to, I don't know, but I haven't heard of TNA paying for rehab for any of it's ex-performers. Scott Hall was in TNA just last year, and hasn't been in WWE for about 8 years. If TNA didn't even offer to pay, I find that pretty despicable, when another company is offering to pay when he hasn't worked for them in years.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
4,666 Posts
It's not just Scott Hall. They offer for everyone.

It's a necessary PR move in my opinion.

· Registered
149 Posts
This has nothing to do with scott hall or anyother wrestler. WWE is a business and has to do what it can to keep a good image especially when so many negatives come from past performers dieing due to druge so this is a public way for WWE to show its doing its bit to help.

You cant slam TNA either. WWE or TNA doesnt tell wrestlers to become alcholics or to take cocaine etc!! Now I have met Scott Hall and he is a very polite and great man so this is noway a slate at him.

· Registered
6,512 Posts
Whether there are ulterior motives for publicity and looking good, I don't really care. If paying for rehab and the enforcement of the Wellness Policy save ONE life, then it's been worth every cent and the company fully deserves all the plaudits in the world.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
It would be a great gesture if it was meant well. WWE are trying to cover their tracks, in the past 10 years there's been way too many deaths and dark moments surrounding the business. WWE are trying to do what they can to give themselves a scapegoat for when the blame gets pointed at them.

I heard apparently though, Nash (while at TNA about 6 months ago) personally rang HHH and asked for help for Scott Hall, and then within the week Scott was in rehab.
I always do feel bad for Scott, he's one of those talents that traded a lucrative career for the drugs and alcohol, he very easily could've been WWF or wCw champion once at the very least.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,268 Posts
It would be a great gesture if it was meant well. WWE are trying to cover their tracks, in the past 10 years there's been way too many deaths and dark moments surrounding the business. WWE are trying to do what they can to give themselves a scapegoat for when the blame gets pointed at them.

I heard apparently though, Nash (while at TNA about 6 months ago) personally rang HHH and asked for help for Scott Hall, and then within the week Scott was in rehab.
I always do feel bad for Scott, he's one of those talents that traded a lucrative career for the drugs and alcohol, he very easily could've been WWF or wCw champion once at the very least.
He was well on track before he jumped, he was pretty much the hottest thing WWE had going at the time

· Banned
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whether there are ulterior motives for publicity and looking good, I don't really care. If paying for rehab and the enforcement of the Wellness Policy save ONE life, then it's been worth every cent and the company fully deserves all the plaudits in the world.
I guess I worded it poorly. I really meant your thoughts on TNA not paying for it.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,268 Posts
Because he had just recently worked for them. If WWE is willing to pay for it when he hadn't worked there in 8 years or whatever, why can't TNA pay for wrestlers that recently worked there? It's deplorable to me.
In fairness to TNA its not their fault Hall is in the state he is in, no offence to the guy.My current employers certaintly wouldn't pay for rehab if I needed it let alone my previous employers would yours?

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Hate or Love WWE, but its great that they offer treatment to former/current wrestlers.

TNA dont have the funds to do it. I think....

· Registered
149 Posts
Because he had just recently worked for them. If WWE is willing to pay for it when he hadn't worked there in 8 years or whatever, why can't TNA pay for wrestlers that recently worked there? It's deplorable to me.
If I work for a bank and get a gambling problem the bank doesnt go I will help you out!! Its the same thing.

WWE and TNA shouldnt have to sort out wrestlers issues. WWE does because they are a big organisation that gets the blame for negatives in wrestling.

Maybe the fans should be forced to pay as it is for the buck that the wrestlers get from entertaining the fans that they take the falls and head shots that cause the purscription pills addictions.

TNA/WWE dont tell wrestlers to party, take cocaine and drink. they choose to live that life style.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.