Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If HHH was to win the WWE title for the sole purpose of Punk winning it @ MANIA, would you be upset that Trips had one last title reign, or would you appreciate him putting over Punk huge?

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I still think that Cena/Rock will be for the title. Nobody else on RAW is really credible enough to draw more to Wrestlemania, so they'll probably use the title as a prop to draw more to Cena/Rock. HHH isn't winning the title again. He has a new backstage career, and doesn't do live events anymore. Plus, why would he? He's a Mcmachon, and has 2-3 kids. Why would he return full time?

Punk will probably be back in the midcard by WM, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
nah, Trips doesn`t need the belt. i wouldn`t go to rampage mode if he got 1 last run though, but sure would like to see IWC`s reaction to it. Would be golden :lmao

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
nah, Trips doesn`t need the belt. i wouldn`t go to rampage mode if he got 1 last run though, but sure would like to see IWC`s reaction to it. Would be golden :lmao
I bet most would be sighing with relief since this would mean that Del Rio/Cena are no longer the Champion.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I bet most would be sighing with relief since this would mean that Del Rio/Cena are no longer the Champion.
Yeah, that would probably be the first reaction...but after that.. i can see the threads allready.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was kinda irritated when he didn't put over Sheamus as a heel @ Mania, but Punk actually has something going for him. Vince always did say "if it's good for the business"

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I was kinda irritated when he didn't put over Sheamus as a heel @ Mania, but Punk actually has something going for him. Vince always did say "if it's good for the business"
Punk won't get any higher then he already has. He's simply not regarded at a Cena-level by the casual fans, and based on WWE's haste booking decisions, will result in a Punk depush back to the midcard rather then a prolonged attempt to get Punk more over. Plus, we all know VInce prefers guys with "the look" and who are bigger, so really, the odds are against Punk :p. He looks like a junkie, not a wrestler.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
I wouldn't be upset for Trips having a title reign at all because his character is still believable to me.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I couldn't care less about Triple H "putting someone over". First of all, Punk is already over to the point that the WWE spun into panic mode and cut his balls off so he wouldn't outshine Cena going into Wrestlemania. Secondly, this is 2011. If you think Triple H's power to "put someone over" and make a star by laying down for them is still massive, you are probably Triple H.

How about you put Punk over by having him work solid programs with active top stars who can still get out of bed without pain killers and are relevant?

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I couldn't care less about Triple H "putting someone over". First of all, Punk is already over to the point that the WWE spun into panic mode and cut his balls off so he wouldn't outshine Cena going into Wrestlemania. Secondly, this is 2011. If you think Triple H's power to "put someone over" and make a star by laying down for them is still massive, you are probably Triple H.

How about you put Punk over by having him work solid programs with active top stars who can still get out of bed without pain killers and are relevant?
Lol, Punk was never about to steal Cena's thunder. From the start, they were being marketed to different age groups. Didn't you pay attention to the Punk/Cena feud? Also, don't forget that part of the reason Punk/Cena was so good was because Cena is talented, and doesn't mind putting people over, unlike Nash, who bored everyone, then HHH, who clipped Punk's wings. Punk came off worse after that.

WWE crippled Punk because they can't book for shit.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
As a long time Triple-H mark I would love to see him get another (last?) title reign personally.

As far as a HHH/Punk match at Mania for the strap, well that would be a potentially good match in the making. I also would not mind if Punk went over Trips to become the champ and have his defining Wrestlemania moment. Punk beating Triple clean at Mania for a world title would do a lot for his career, and despite his supposed ego and backstage demeanor I don't think Hunter would have a problem with this.

As a side note I like the thought of a returning Vince doing a run-in and either helping Punk go over Triple to get revenge for taking over as COO, or Vince helping Hunter pin Punk to keep him away from the belt and out of the spotlight.

That scenario in itself could set up a Punk/Vince feud similar to the McMahon/Austin one from back in the day.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts

lol keep underestimating Triple h & his starpower.

and lol @ punk outshining cena, The highest rating CM Punk ever did is a 3.5 and that was with Vince & cena + Overrun. what a draw lol. Cena vs Alex riley match before Over the linit PPV did a 3.7 rating.

active program with Top stars? as in who? Cena is the only top star if you leave out HHH. WWE wont bury their Top face john cena just so Punk can look good.

Typical IWC stupidity.

@OP
Love the idea, HHH-Punk WM feud needs the Title not Rock-Cena.

Lol, Punk was never about to steal Cena's thunder. From the start, they were being marketed to different age groups. Didn't you pay attention to the Punk/Cena feud? Also, don't forget that part of the reason Punk/Cena was so good was because Cena is talented, and doesn't mind putting people over, unlike Nash, who bored everyone, then HHH, who clipped Punk's wings. Punk came off worse after that.

WWE crippled Punk because they can't book for shit.
Disagree, Punk looked like a god on the mic coz cena is not a talented talker on the mic. But against HHH, he got owned badly.

Plus john cena hatred helped punk big time. Punk appeared to be a top star & yet again against HHH, the crowd split right down the middle and even turned on him at times.

and FYI, HHH was the one who kept CM punk in a main event Feud at N.O.C.

If anything that ruined this entire angle, its the shit booking from the creative not HHH or john cena.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
lol keep underestimating Triple h & his starpower.

and lol @ punk outshining cena, The highest rating CM Punk ever did is a 3.5 and that was with Vince & cena + Overrun. what a draw lol. Cena vs Alex riley match before Over the linit PPV did a 3.7 rating.

active program with Top stars? as in who? Cena is the only top star if you leave out HHH. WWE wont bury their Top face john cena just so Punk can look good.
1) Okay. You may want to check a calendar.

2) A guy getting shine has nothing to do with being a draw. Learn what words mean before you attempt to communicate via text. Thanks buddy.

3) Any active, talented, relevant upper mid-card or main event guy. This is 2011, guys get over by working great programs with each other and being entertaining, not by pinning dinosaurs who don't know when to hang up the boots.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
1) Okay. You may want to check a calendar.

2) A guy getting shine has nothing to do with being a draw. Learn what words mean before you attempt to communicate via text. Thanks buddy.

3) Any active, talented, relevant upper mid-card or main event guy. This is 2011, guys get over by working great programs with each other and being entertaining, not by pinning dinosaurs who don't know when to hang up the boots.
1)I checked the calender and it said HHH is still the fucking Man.

2)Nothing to do with being a draw? Ok then maybe WWE should push heath slater to the main events coz he has more moves than john cena, which also is an easy way to go out of business.

3)Thanks for showing your inability to Seperate IWC fans from the casuals. Go figure what that means.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I would love the passing of the torch, BUT Cena already babe ruthed it and called his shot. Either he goes to WM28 with the title to face the rock, or the intensity of that speech was for nothing. (this is why i hate them scheduling shit a year in advance).

·
The legend never dies
4,345 Posts
triple h is bigger then the belt, he doesnt need the belt cause frankly it means shit anymore the same guys win it over and over how many times has cena been champion again since 2005, or edge for that matter wwe needs to put the strap on guys up and coming to make them bigger then what they are

1 - 20 of 21 Posts