Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know your honest thoughts on Halloween Havoc?? Your likes on the event and dislikes on the event also I would like to add that whoever came up with not hosting anymore TakeOver PPV's can go straight to hell! Enough of that but I will say my thoughts on the event after I get y'all opinions and trust me I got a lot to say about it!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Only thing I cared about was the main event. It was a great match. Enjoyed Joe Gacy's character development and LA Knight being there but I don't care about the majority of the roster aside from a few people.

- glad MSK lost tag titles, those are 2 of the cringest dorks I've seen. Atleast Imprerium look like respectable wrestlers.

- skipped all the cinematic Halloween trash. disappointed they don't make better use of Lumis

- I don't care about the women's division in NXT. it's just hard to care about it. skipped it.

- didn't realize Roderick Strong was cruiserweight champion or why that title is even still relevant. don't care about him, his group or Odyssy Jones. skipped that

so really, everything aside from Gacy, Bron Breakker, and LA Knight is just kinda there.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I didnt watch the whole thing, but from what I saw, it wasn't anything special. The main event was all I cared about. Ciampa should of won. Bron has it and is a future star no question, but is still pretty green. Some day, not yet though. He's even doing the dog bark, just let him be a freaking Steiner......

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
651 Posts
The Toxic Attraction push is going well and is a lot more interesting than what they've done with the women's division for a while. I want to see Mandy beat Io Shirai soon just to annoy the smarks that don't actually know anything about how wrestling works. Dakota interference would've been better if she wasn't in a Halloween costume.

I get them taking the belts off MSK, they don't have much personality but neither do Imperium. Should've had Wilde & Mendoza win the belts.

Kyle Oreilly doesn't have much of a personality either and all their attempts to give him one have been terrible. Should've kept him in a tag team with Bobby Fish.

Good match between Ciampa and Breakker. Wouldn't have minded Bron winning but I can understand why they think it's too soon for him.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
17,430 Posts
The Toxic Attraction push is going well and is a lot more interesting than what they've done with the women's division for a while. I want to see Mandy beat Io Shirai soon just to annoy the smarks that don't actually know anything about how wrestling works. Dakota interference would've been better if she wasn't in a Halloween costume.

I get them taking the belts off MSK, they don't have much personality but neither do Imperium. Should've had Wilde & Mendoza win the belts.

Kyle Oreilly doesn't have much of a personality either and all their attempts to give him one have been terrible. Should've kept him in a tag team with Bobby Fish.

Good match between Ciampa and Breakker. Wouldn't have minded Bron winning but I can understand why they think it's too soon for him.
Dude, Io Shirai is arguably the best female wrestler in the company atm.

It's either her or Asuka.

Io should be presented like a top threat, and as a serious competitor. That's partially how wrestling works.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Dude, Io Shirai is arguably the best female wrestler in the company atm.

It's either her or Asuka.

Io should be presented like a top threat, and as a serious competitor. That's partially how wrestling works.
No. The way wrestling works is to push the people that will bring in the most interest. Io Shirai isn't that. She has more credibility with hardcore fans than Mandy and her credibility should be used to build up Mandy even further. Building up wrestlers that are interesting is the point.

·
Registered
14,118 Posts
Breakker looked strong in defeat so I don’t mind the result.

·
Waiting for Kawato
2,771 Posts
Liked the main event a lot, most of the show was just fine, but the stuff in the haunted house was AWFUL, and went on FOREVER, and still was somehow not the worst thing on there this week. The opener? That was one of the worst matches of significance I think I've ever seen. Like, holy shit.

I was sat watching that thing and more than ever it was just hammering me in the face what a terrible idea it was to have a developmental show with talent green as grass, airing in primetime, international television.

People like to laugh at flips and dives and acrobatics, and little guys, and stupid gimmicks, but watching shit like THAT is by far and away the number 1 reason that will keep a larger audience from ever taking wrestling seriously. I've been trying to decide what the worst/funniest part of it was, and just can't single out a loser.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts