Banned
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so how do you all think JoMo did this week,

fan reaction
in ring athleticism
in ring storytelling
things like that

reason being this is the final raw until the royal rumble and the road to wrestlemania.

also how do you think he will do in the 40 man match this sunday

what are your opinions

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was saying to my chum a few weeks ago that Morrison is being built up so well that he could very win the Royal Rumble, but now, I'd say he isn't going to win (cena is), but he will probably last an hour or more in the ring before being eliminated, possibly in the final 3 or 4.

I think Morrison is going to get alot of "Oh so close!" moments over this year before finally winning the big one!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Nothing exceptional this week from JoMo compared to the month he's just had.

As for RR, someone made a poll about who will be this year's 'Marathon Man' i.e. the guy who lasts for a very long time (30 mins+; may not necessarily win) and my vote went to JoMo. It fits with the idea that WWE start to push him to the Moon, but then stop the acceleration just before he gets there and ends up being dragged back down to earth.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Yeah I think he won't win the Royal Rumble, but will get a rub by eliminating some main event players, and last maybe over an hour.

It's a matter of when, not if, he's a world champion tbh (not counting the ECW Title, which I think was considered a World Championship at the time)

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
He was good this week, but everyone in that tag match ws booked badly (maybe aside from Del Rio), it was basically a 'what shall we do wtih these guys' type tag match, just to give them something to do before the rumble. Morrison got a good reaction and his offense went over well with the crowd, he sold well...as he always does. He didn't tap so didn't lose anything either.

Compared to other weeks though, it wasn't anything special.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well, he lost but doesn't get pin. That's what happens when you tagged with Mark Henry.

I say it's pretty good. Because he has win many matches recently and he must lost some so WWE put him in tag match and try to make him didn't look bad.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I guess he did well this week. Not really sure how you just want some random one night opinion on the man. In any case I like Morrison, and I've always felt he had potential. This going back to Morrison's days with Mercury when they were feuding Animal, and his mystery partner. Johnny Nitro at the time, made a "dark humor" comment on the whereabouts of Animal's old tag team partner, Hawk. Obviously at that time Hawk was deceased. I realized then this man was a star.

On the other hand I don't think that he should win the Rumble, but I think he should set a time record since there will be 40 stars in the match itself. They did the same thing with Rey, and then he took off. However I don't think Morrison should receive a huge "face" push to the moon because of this. A slow heel turn would be nice, as we would come to find that he was bitter after not winning the Rumble. It wouldn't show at first, but later could be explained to be the final straw.

Something tells me that sometime in the distant future Morrison will be a widely respected "face", but right now I think he needs that strong "heel" push first. His bitterness takes him to WM 27 only to make a name for himself on HBK's induction in to the WWE Hall of Fame. The point of his story would be "burned out". The pressure of being number one, and falling short became his worst enemy.

At one point I thought the WWE were trying to push this "Rock star" gimmick. Maybe John is tired of making kids smile, and wants more for himself. The basic "selfish" bit, and no different than what HBK went through early in his career. The only difference is, The Miz isn't Jannetty. Morrison doesn't have a Jannetty, and that puts him in a peculiar situation. Thus, leaving me to say that Karma is a bitch for HBK.

Many years ago HBK made a name for himself off of Marty, and it turned out great. Morrison makes a name off of Michaels, and he does it the night before WM27. Michaels was notorious for being a pioneer, as he used it to his advantage his whole career every time he spoke on the mic. The WWE needs another person to take on this character. Many would say that there is, and his name is Edge. I disagree because Edge has made a name for himself in this business, and one day will likely be inducted in to the WWE HOF. Besides Edge goes by the "Ultimate Opportunist" slogan, completely different character.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.