Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you rate Matt without the Broken Character? Jeff is clearly the main eventer here and one of the most over babyfaces ever, Matt on the other hand was always very bland and a mid carder at best, he became super hot only because the Broken character, so kuddos to him for creating something that hot but now with Impact hijacking the gimmick is very unlikely we are gonna see the Broken Universe in WWE. Do you think fans are that excited about the regular Matt?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Nope, no one has ever been excited about regular Matt unless he was with Jeff or during his real life feud with Edge.

He's solid in every department but he's just not an interesting guy.

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,022 Posts
He was always ultra bland. Jeff carried him as a tag team, and the public sympathy for him with the Lita/Edge situation was the only thing holding him up as a singles competitor. Once that wore off it was back to nothingness. Don't get me wrong Matt's a great in ring talent and has the passion just not the ability to be entertaining as a solo act up until the Broken gimmick.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Both Hardys suck. The only reason I want to see them back in WWE is to see their Broken gimmick. If they're not gonna do it, they can fuck off.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Matt would be on extremely borrowed time without his brother or the broken gimmick in 2017. In their prime I always rated Matt higher than Jeff despite Jeff's infinitely superior booking. Neither have really evolved their in-ring style though and Matt has slowed down a lot more due to age. I still think Matt is better on the mic (not high praise I know) but Jeff has more natural charisma, fan support and kayfabe credibility than his brother.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
He's a lot less interesting without his Broken gimmick. He needs to fade away and classify himself as OBSOLETE!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Don't care with the Broken gimmick. lol Matt Hardy.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Matt is a mid-carder with or without the Broken gimmick. I loved him in The Hardys (more than Jeff), and I loved Version 1.0. I was a mark for him circa 2005. Since then he has been flat, flat, flat and exposed himself as the less valuable Hardy, by far. I'd split The Hardys once this Tag Title run is done, have Matt join The Wyatt Family and mentor a new partner and play heater for Wyatt, and then use Jeff as the star he can be.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
the only time regular matt was anything really exciting was when he was involved in the feud with edge in 2005.

Id might go as far as to say that both hardys are gimmick wrestlers eg their thing has always been leaping off of high things, ladder matches etc without it they are both fairly dull characters tbh, its just jeff has a cooler look and does some more interesting moves here and there.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
52,736 Posts
It's like a 'Broken lite' version right now. It is what it is. Not his fault that he can't use that character. :shrug

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
He's interesting with Jeff or when he had that feud with Edge. I've never been a huge fan of the cheesy broken gimmick.

·
Reap The Rewards
952 Posts
Just a question would it possible if instead of BROKEN Hardy's they could so something like DAMAGED Hardy's? Could they avoid the lawsuit from TNA's parent company if they were to do that?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Matt should be a huge star if he hadn't been fucked over in Edge/Lita feud. He didn't help his case at all with that promo he cut on Raw when he was re-hired and Vince re-introduced him on Raw. Matt was booked like a weak bitch. Blow off with "Loser Leaves Raw" match where Lita tied Matt up in the ropes made him look so pathetic.

Matt claimed back then he was promised something "huge" by WWE to return. Either he's working everyone or else Vince didn't come thru on what he promised to yet another talent. I've always wondered what exactly Matt was promised. World Title run? Maybe it was WWE/ECW World Title run he had :lol :lmao

1 - 20 of 35 Posts