Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jim Ross made a cameo announcing the Thunder/Celtics game last night, and was asked, "Who would you put on the Mount Rushmore of Wrestling?" He said Lou Thesz, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and Bruno Sammartino. (On Twitter, he sort of added Flair and Michaels, but they weren't part of his original four.)

So who would you put on your "Mount Rushmore of Wrestling"? Keep in mind, it might not necessarily be your four favorite wrestlers/personalities, but the ones that had the most influence on your wrestling experience. Or you could just make it your favorite... no wrong answers here.

Personally, mine would probably be:

Dynamite Kid, Ricky Steamboat, Ultimo Dragon, and Chris Jericho.

Dynamite revolutionized the way I saw pro wrestling, Ricky changed the way I saw a complete wrestling match, Ultimo innovated some of my favorite moves in history, and Jericho has kept me a fan since the mid-'90s and changed how much I respected mic work.

How about you?

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
Flair,HBK,The Rock,Hogan Stone Cold and Taker. While Hogan isn't nessacerily my favorite wrestler, if he never did what he did wrestling would b e a lot different.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Diamond Dallas Page

DDP really stands out there, but he almost single-handedly kept me watching WCW throughout the Monday night wars. To this day I could not say a bad word about him. Even later when he was in the WWF/E and had a string of horrible or silly angles, he seemed to do his absolutely damnedest to make it work. Gotta dig that. And I absolutely love what he has done after wrestling, which counts in my book.

Other three more or less speak for themselves.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Flair, Austin, Jericho, Steamboat.

It really is a hard choice though, there are so many guys that deserve to be there.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Influenced by my favourites: Rob Van Dam, Ric Flair, Stone Cold, The Rock

For Wrestling overall (since I've been watching): The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan

·
Premium Member
44,184 Posts
If I were going to base it on recognizability, star power, & importance: Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, & The Rock

If I were going to base it on in ring ability: Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat, & Randy Savage

·
Registered
333 Posts
Triple H, Austin, Ric Flair, The Rock

Honorable Mention: Kurt Angle as he's one of my all time favorites

Reactions: Agmaster

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold, i'm actually going to say Antonio Inoki

Inoki made his name in Japan instead of US wrestling, of course, but it's hard to imagine wrestling as a whole without his contributions to Puroresu.

I was tempted to include El Santo for the fact that his legacy as a face caused a riot without him even being in the arena.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Hogan, Austin, Rock & Flair - that's if you want the 4 biggest influences on the industry

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hogan, Austin, Rock & Flair - that's if you want the 4 biggest influences on the industry
... that might be if you want the four biggest influences on the modern industry. I think that's why Ross included Thesz and Sammartino. Wrestling might not make it to the modern era if it's not for those two.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
My favs? Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Ric Flair, and The Rock.

Based on overall influence in wrestling worldwide? El Santo, Rikidōzan, Hulk Hogan, & Gorgeous George. El Santo because of his influence in Mexico. Rikidōzan because of his influence in Japan. Hulk Hogan because he made pro wrestling a national commodity in the States, and George because he basically changed the way the sport was looked at - from a ground-based, more methodical approach, to a spectacle filled with personalities. Lou Thesz, Buddy Rogers, Bruno Sammartino, Blue Demon, and Antonio Inoki would be in a class below 'em.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,907 Posts
The Brahma Bull
The People's Champ
The Rock
and Dwayne Johnson

Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Jeff Hardy and Eddie Guerrero. These guys are my top four I guess.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts