Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know your opinion and your contries(outside United States)on the War in Iraq, War on Terrorism, and Americas actions in them. I live in America and know how people here feel but I always see countries like France on tv trashing us, but it is not explained why.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
the dutch politicians had the following opinion:

No military interference, but they did want political interference.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Democrats think we should pull out. (okay, someone say it)

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Well, I think Bush just went into Iraq for profit, you can't honestly say he cares about the people, and as seen now, there are no WMDs either. (Now he says 'they had a means of making them')

I get both American and Canadian news on TV, and the American news always shows the Iraqi's cheering and partying like their having a good time, but the Canadian news shows both sides of the story, sure they show some happy Iraqis, but the majority of them want the US to leave, and are pretty PO'ed.

As for the war on terrorism...well, they are capturing terrorists/criminals, so that's a good thing.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
And that's where the bias in Canadian news is shown. Through all polls done in Iraq, i.e. USA Today and Zogby, the majoirty of them are happy we are there and are glad that he rooted out anoher Islamo-faschist.

And D-Man, you say you know that he doesn't care about them? How do you know this? Do you know Bush? Is he a fishing buddy? Has he personally told you this in some way? Or are we taking Edward 'I let a girl drown in 4 feet of water while pacing up and down the road worrying about my political career' Kennedy?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
No, you said you think he went for profit. This is an opinion.

When you say you't cant honestly, then you are trumping the notion of everyone's different opinions and have made a transition to the truth. Turth is absolute and therefore cannot be opined upon. When you make a statement that is meant to be the truth, then you have to have a factual basis for the statement. Hence, you'd have to know Bush and say that he told you this.

You were wrong.

B

·
0 Posts
We are losing billions, possibly trillions for a war that had no meaning. Sure, we did capture the victory of catching Saddam, but that was by mistake. I think, as do many americans, that Bush wanted to either outdo his dad, or finish his dad's business. Bush is a shit president and I hope he doesn't get re-elected, but he doesn't have any strong opponents.

·
BTB Hall of Famer
11,532 Posts
Well I agree with the War on Iraq. Saddam Hussain has killed millions of people since becoming dictator of Iraq a quater of a century ago. I knew I was correct in my beliefs over the war when I saw Saddam when he was captured. The war captured one of the Worlds worst Mass Murderers (as he sentenced so many to execution), so I fail to see how the war was nothing. As for France they have a moron who is a friend of a mass murderer in charge, so I wouldn't listen to them really. As for WMD, I don't care really. If he had got knowledge of how to use them he would, so it is best that he is out now.

A-Dust

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I mean after all, he didn't stimulate the economy, repel attacks from Islamic Terrorists, or anything useful right?

·
Ivan Petrov
1,142 Posts
Personally I don't didn't agree with the War on Iraq. I was glad to see the capture of Saddam (I omit his surname because I cannae spell it!) but bar that and the topling of his regemé nothing good has come of it for the Iraqi people.

As for the "War On Terrorism" I think it encourages terrorism rather than cranking down on it; or rather creates a certain mass hysteria over terrorism. I live in the Irish Republic, I wasn't too far from Omagh the day it was bombed in 1997 by the "Real IRA". Terrorists have been active a couple of hours drive from where I am sitting right now and Georged W. hasn't lifed a finger. Granted there has been the Good Friday agreement and some paramiltary organisations have called a cease fire, which all occured before anyone in the wider world knew who Osama Bin Laden was. But still there are paramilitaries in Northern Ireland, who carry on with killing innocent people(not the IRA[they have kept the cease fire] but other groups such as the UVF). It's an age old problem up north, has been since partition in the 20's.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The issue is a little too deep to go into detail about it here so i'll just generalise.

Saddam was a parasite that had to be removed. To be blunt, if I had the military might and technology that the Americans possess, I wouldn't hesitate to drop any ammount of bombs (regardless of cost) on Iraq to clean him out. I don't care about the legitimacies of going to war or if it were "legal" or not because it needed to be done.

The war on terrorism though is a topic my opinion has changed on. Initially (Sep 11 onwards), terrorism was something that needed to be stopped completely and Bush used scare tactics to convince Americans and the western world that it needs to be stopped. However, terrorism isn't something that can be swept up under the rug in a matter of years, you can't win the war on terrorism. It's not like winning a war against a country and all of a sudden it's all over. Terrorism is a mentality that in my opinion will be near impossible to get rid of. If someone decides to walk into a subway with their chest strapped with TNT and pushes the button, that's terrorism. It's something that will be too hard to eliminate. The thing I don't agree with is the terror warnings. Suddenly one day increasing the terror threat from "orange" or "red" (or what ever it is) because intel have increased fear something may occur. It's scaring the public unecessarily and I don't really see what it achieves, apart from convincing the public that they think they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Bearing that in mind that poverty is also a mentality however we declard war on poverty long ago and they still keep up with it to this day.

Also, Bush declared a war onterrorism, it wasn't meant to just end when his administration does. If Keery in 2004, or Shrillary in 2008 is elected, it will end very abruptly.

As for the IRA, you have to acknolwedge thev IRA is not your government. All those terrorists control the governments. There is no internal force to fight off the militants. The Irish government and the British government can both actually take action.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
And you have proof that it's all about the oil right? We have proof that France was all about the oil, but not the U.S.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Funny you mention that. I was just gonna say it's sorta not fair how no one can have an opinion without Angel bashing it and putting them down for having it. Come on, you don't have to reply to every single freaking post. Damn..

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
No, you don't.
You are bagging the opinions of everyone in this thread. You do it on most threads you decide to visit. You've said your bit, now piss off and let others say theirs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts