Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
October 3rd- Ghostland (Home Invasion) A girl with her mother and sister move to a old house they just inherited from an aunt, but right as they are unpacking are attacke by two psychos. The visuals were very "70s" but it is arguably set in moder times as a smartphone is shown and laptops mentioned, and the story jumps back and forth to the future so is disorienting, which probably was intended. With the film sticking to one character there's no much developement, the villains were intriguing but was not about them. Somewhat Wes Craven-y so may be worth a watch.

Late Phases
(werewolf movie) or maybe a movie with werewolves... the title seems to refer to the last part of a person's life, so it is more about getting ready for the last stand, was interesting but most werewolves films have the problem of "27 days" which puts pressure on the transformation with that much buildup, and they don't make it like the early 80s anymore, so may be a bit of a let down... besides, taking place in a senior citizen community it is an unconventional film for Hollywood standars.

October 4- Man VS (Aliens) While filming a survivalist tv show, survival expert gets to relive the Predator classic film, as aliens take over the world. Is not found footage, it just borrows some shots from the in universe tv show camera. Enjoyable low budget horror flick.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Please don't.

Watch it. It's amazing.

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts
Asks for rec, posts useless smiley when gets one.

Ok. But you know, watching it helps instead.
Okay my bad, I wasn't clear enough. I posted that right after I finished dozing off twice in the first hour because literally nothing happens until the final twenty five minutes where they butcher it further by implying the family is just putting on a show for a higher power and doing their bidding watching the movie.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Getting behind already but today I shall watch Angst, Army of Darkness, and She Killed in Ecstasy. :goku

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
I don't really have a schedule for the whole month however I do have Halloween night sorted already. Got myself three horror 4K Blu-ray's lined up for that night in The Fog, The Cabin in the Woods and Halloween :trips5

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Terrifier is 100% a total new favorite of mine. Holy shit, this is a nightmare come true. It's put me in a total manic sense of ecstasy after it. Love, love, love it.

Okay my bad, I wasn't clear enough. I posted that right after I finished dozing off twice in the first hour because literally nothing happens until the final twenty five minutes where they butcher it further by implying the family is just putting on a show for a higher power and doing their bidding watching the movie.
Everything happens in every scene. So many bodies getting murked left and right; it's beautiful. Illuminati be damned.

(but at least we got that cleared up from earlier and you did check it out)

Getting behind already but today I shall watch Angst, Army of Darkness, and She Killed in Ecstasy. :goku
ANGST.

This is gonna happen.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Amazon STILL hasn't shipped my Amicus Collection and Frankenstein Must be destroyed :mj2

Think I'll watch Evil Dead 2 tonight. Should be GROOVY

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,399 Posts
Watched Halloween 6 today. Well, a custom hybrid cut that combines the producers cut with the theatrical cut.

H6 does have one the best Fall/Halloween atmospheres, a brutal Myers, the best mask since H2 (altho it didn't have much to live up to with H4/H5) some excellent cinematography and some good, gory kills. It really does convey the Halloween look very well and even in the daytime scenes, it does a good job of keeping the tension going.

I forgot how good the mask actually looked in this too. There's a part where Myers killed Tim Strode and you see the mask in a mirror and it looks fantastic. Myers himself is one of the best and Wilber does a v.good job.

Now, I'm not suddenly saying the movie is great overall. It still features the thorn nonsense and the story is still a convoluted mess that should have been made far tighter. But there's a lot of promise in this movie and if the studio/director/producers could have just settled on one vision for it, it would have been more promising.

But I still quite enjoy part 6 and always have done. Just a shame they couldn't have made a more coherent story. Far too many cooks in the kitchen.

R.I.P Donald Pleasance :mj2

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Watched The Strangers Prey at Night last night. Similar stalking slasher formula as the 2008 original only not as suspenseful. More jump scares, kills and blood this time around. I liked the 80s new wave soundtrack on top of these murderous acts which again made this movie feel similar to the original and also the movie You're Next. Makes for a twisted blood letting. Passable for a Sat night.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,076 Posts
Watched The Strangers Prey at Night last night. Similar stalking slasher formula as the 2008 original only not as suspenseful. More jump scares, kills and blood this time around. I liked the 80s new wave soundtrack on top of these murderous acts which again made this movie feel similar to the original and also the movie You're Next. Makes for a twisted blood letting. Passable for a Sat night.
I didn't watch that Strangers sequel because of the reception, but I may check it out eventually. I really enjoyed the first one. I still think the ending of the first is one of most terrifying scenes I've seen. Just because they had absolutely no motive for what they did, and it could happen to anyone. That thought is terrifying to me.

That "Because you were home" line. *shivers*

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Angst was unreal. Unrelenting character study and morbid as fuck. The camera work adds so much to it; some of the film felt actually felt like I was watching a snuff because of how it bobbed around. I'm usually not big on lots of narration but I don't know if this would have worked anywhere near as well without it. Easy new favourite.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

With her, I'll do it in the most precise manner.

I love how the film makes me root him on in his fulfillment of killing, and yet those victims he targets and their fates are harrowing all at the same time. It's incredible watching him skulk around, looking to kill. Like truly, on a different level incredible. Still nothing out there like it. Hearing his thoughts and realizations throughout only adds to it. Watching a psychopath adapt, react, readapt, act. I piped in a specific inside joke there because reasons that make me me, but it's true all the same.

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
ANGST.

So yeah, Tonight She Comes was an abominarion. Ruined my October streak of good films.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Now I need to watch this Angst that everyone is buzzing about. :hmm:

Edit after watching trailer;

I thought that I've been battle-tested with the likes of the original Texas Chainsaw and Audition in the way of depraving art, but this looks to be opening a whole new can of worms. May god have mercy on my sanity.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Audition wishes it could be on the level of Angst.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I watched Angst last night. :monkey

That was my first mistake. I probably should've watched it in broad daylight!

What an absolute nightmare scenario. I don't think I've ever seen a creepy home invasion feel this realistic, and they couldn't have picked a better actor for the role. There are times where I almost felt as helpless as the familly being tormented. I absolutely hated the experience, which I think is a good thing within this context. I didn't hate it because I thought that it sucked, I hated it for how much mental anguish it was putting me through. It doesn't get gratuitous with the gore (despite having it's moments), but rather uses atmosphere to set the tone which somehow makes it so much more horrific. This movie is certainly a full-on assault on the senses, and not meant to entertain in the slightest.

Now I need to watch some Walt Disney movie as a palate cleanser. Those were the longest eight hours of sleep in my life.

:mj2

Audition wishes it could be on the level of Angst.

NO KIDDING

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts
Angst is something else.

Everything happens in every scene. So many bodies getting murked left and right; it's beautiful. Illuminati be damned.
I have only watched the original TCM and this, and tbh I'd like to believe the family does the things it does because they thrive on seeing the horror they make their victims feel.

The whole arc in the first movie with the hitchhiker giving the friends and the viewer a tease of what's to follow, Leatherface taking down everyone around Sally one after the other (the novelty of seeing it for the first time adds to it too, I guess), the father giving Sally a slight sense of hope only to lead to that dinner table scene which was EVERYTHING. Telling me they're doing this because there's a man in a suit asking them to just takes away from the whole thing for me - no matter what kind of a belly piercing the suit has.

Also after what you've come to expect of the franchise and the genre in general, McConaughey running people over with a car (which we don't even see entirely) felt just a tad bit underwhelming. Don't even want to know why there's a plane so conveniently flying in the area that helps take McConaughey down the following morning - unless that's the Illuminati's doing as well.

-

Now, Martyrs on the other hand :lenny

81 - 100 of 222 Posts