Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 222 Posts

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
Watched the remake of Friday the 13th last night and I'm in genuine shock at how much I enjoyed it :monkey

Walked in thinking it was going to be shithouse and instead, it was good times with good kills and all the moments that make the genre fun.

Going to hunt through YouTube and see what I can come up with next.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,390 Posts
Remake is p.great. It certainly starts out like a F13 greatest hits and that first 20 minutes are tremendous. Classic Friday.

Then you realise that's just the opening and the film starts!! Some excellent kills and Derek Mears plays one of the best Jason's in the franchise IMO.

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts
Would like to know which other movies from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series are as good as the first one pls. Even w/ A Nightmare on Elm Street.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Would like to know which other movies from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series are as good as the first one pls. Even w/ A Nightmare on Elm Street.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation.

Watch it. Live it. Love it.

The TCM franchise as a whole is pretty much good the whole way through. The original, TCM 2, The Next Generation, & TCM remake are all spectacular.

As for NOES:

Freddy's Revenge
Dream Warriors
The Dream Master
The Dream Child
Freddy vs Jason

The best.

Just watched The THING for the first time :sodone

I'm mad at myself for not seeing this sooner. Good lord, this fucking ruled.
Go grab a defibrillator and try to save someone's life after this.

·
\m/
24,147 Posts
Well kicked things off with Thelma last night, such a great movie (already read there are plans for an American remake...sigh, figures)...I think I'll carry on with this watchlist for the next week or so (not necessarily in this order)...

1. A Tale of Two Sisters
2. It Follows
3. Trick 'r Treat
4. Strange Circus
5. The Host
6. A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
7. The Others
8. 28 Days Later
9. Cold Prey/Fritt vilt
10. The House of the Devil

Have seen all but many of these I just feel like rewatching and others are among my absolute favorite horror movies.

And I agree about the Friday the 13th remake, it is actually good fun.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
The 2009 Friday the 13th deserves all the praise. :cozy

I'd LOVE to watch The House of the Devil again. Only saw it once, but it was a hell of a time. And Greta Gerwig gets killed off in the woods during it. Nearly ten years later and after her recent successes, this sounds like the proper surreal thing to see her involved with. Those crazy mumblecore kids.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Was only able to watch one film yesterday (The Burning; awesome slasher), will have to make up for it this weekend. Deep Red should be my next watch. I saw Tenebrae and Inferno already so this will wrap it up for Argento. Had to kick Phenomena out to make room for other giallo this month.

OCTOBER

·
\m/
24,147 Posts
I'd LOVE to watch The House of the Devil again. Only saw it once, but it was a hell of a time.
Yeah it is quite a good movie. My main criticism of it however is that the third act is rushed. The movie is such a good slow burn during the first two acts but the third act doesn't flows very well.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Was only able to watch one film yesterday (The Burning; awesome slasher), will have to make up for it this weekend.
THE SUMMER OF CROPSY.

And your silence on the fact that this is where George Costanza went to Summer camp is alarming.

Yeah it is quite a good movie. My main criticism of it however is that the third act is rushed. The movie is such a good slow burn during the first two acts but the third act doesn't flows very well.
From my memory, I'd say the third act was mostly jam-packed with all the schizo energy it was building up to throughout the film prior, so it all came together well for me. This is definitely the kind of thing that really makes me want to watch again. I would at this very moment, if you know, Netflix weren't jerks and still had it on there. :armfold

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
And your silence on the fact that this is where George Costanza went to Summer camp is alarming.
Oh my god......I didn't even think about.........AHHHHHHHHHH

Confirmation that Whitey Fisk isn't real. George not bringing up actual existing people like Woodstock and Alfred to not relive the memory of most of them getting killed. This is headcanon magic. Wonder if I can connect this with The Fire even though I don't think Costanza got involved with any in The Burning. I mean the film, not the Seinfeld episode that has Costanza clearing the ocean of all its shrimp.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
Watched Evil Dead today :mark:

That pencil into the shin is still brutal as hell :andre

Also, remember the golden rule to always PARTY DOWN

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,390 Posts
Watched Candyman 2; Farewell to the Flesh for the first time today. I hold the original in such high regard and one of the finest movies in horror, so I've been hesitant in watching the sequel for a while now.

Tony Todd is again tremendous as the Candyman. He gets a bit more screen time in this too and the movie goes all in, in going into his full backstory and the story ties him to the new female lead and her family.

Certainly nowhere near as good as the first one. It tries to match the atmosphere of the original in tone, but this time it's set in New Orleans. The famous music is used but only sparingly. It still has the gory Candyman kills of course, but there's not much suspense or mystery like there is in abundance in the first movie.

Todd is the clear highlight as he was born to play Candyman. It tries to cram in a lot into its 90 minute runtime and it shows, as characters don't get chance to develop before they're quickly dispatched of.

They tried but it would have been perfectly fine if the original Candyman movie was a standalone. Most of his backstory was already explained and it still stands as one of the finest horror movies.

Stick with the original.

It was interesting I read an interview with the director of the first movie Bernard Rose a couple of years ago. He said he'd love to make a proper sequel with Helen coming back in it too. But i'd be fine with just the first movie existing tbh.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Watched Evil Dead today :mark:

That pencil into the shin is still brutal as hell :andre

Also, remember the golden rule to always PARTY DOWN
The classic. :mark:

The way the film starts (and ends) with the floating POV camera, that's like my favorite part of it all. Sucks me right in.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Friday remake is about the only modern horror remake that I thought was any good.

And apparently the 80s horror icons took a trip to Eternia

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
I don't hold it in that high of regard, but it easily blows away the original. Heck, I prefer The Hills Have Eyes II over the original when it comes to Wes' own canon. The original was quite mediocre.

61 - 80 of 222 Posts