Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That wonderful time is approaching again! Talk about your movie-watching plans on the lead-up to Halloween. Discuss all things horror, and all things Halloween!

My list as follows (checking off what was watched last year)

October 1st to the 7th

VAMPIRE WEEK:

Thirst
The Hunger
Near Dark
John Carpenter's Vampires
Bram Stoker's Dracula
From Dusk till Dawn

Let Me In
The Lost Boys
Queen of the Damned
Salem's Lot (1979)
A Return to Salem's Lot
Fright Night (1985)

October 8th to 13th

ZOMBIE WEEK:

Dead Alive
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Planet Terror
Dawn of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead Remake

Patient Zero
Cargo
Shaun of the Dead
Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
28 Days Later...

October 13th - onward last year was reserved for the excellent FRIDAY THE 13TH series, this year I'm going for slashers in general.

Halloween I and II
TERRIFIER
The Driller Killer
Scream
Deep Red
High Tension
Nightmare on Elm Street (original)

I might also watch the Cape Fear remake all over again because it was so damn good the first time. :hmm :banderas

@Yeah1993;

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
IT HAS RETURNED!!

Let the horror movie binge watching commence! I've already started with Alien and Aliens. I predict I will climax early on the 19th of October with the release of Halloween! I also may get a chance to see John Carpenter's Halloween on the big screen for the first time. One movie theater I go to is showcasing the original film to celebrate its 40th Anniversary.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
I'm gonna be completely idiotic like last year and try to squeeze in over 50. I failed miserably last year (did make it to 31 though) but what the hell, maybe I'll keep it going to November this time. Or just watch 4 a day on weekends. :/

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna be completely idiotic like last year and try to squeeze in over 50. I failed miserably last year (did make it to 31 though) but what the hell, maybe I'll keep it going to November this time. Or just watch 4 a day on weekends. :/

You can even go all the way to December and end it with "Black Christmas", "Batman Returns" and "A Nightmare Before Christmas". :mj

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,400 Posts
Was going to start watching Horror again sooner but been busy and now it's suddenly on the eve of the 1st October. So now's a good time to start.

Just dug out the Hatchet movies. I remember loving the first movie but don't remember much from the sequels.

I've actually dug out and organised most of my horror dvds on a couple of shelves to help decide what to watch too.

·
Manic Pixie Dream Girl
4,220 Posts
It's beginning :woo :woo :woo

Let Me In is first on my list, but I'm thinking about watching the original Let the Right One In instead.

Decisions, decisions...
Though I appreciate the fact that Let Me In is a true Hammer film, I say go for the original.

Think I'm going to start the season with a William Castle marathon. :mark

·
33,400 Posts
So Hatchet was still the ultra gory fun ride that I always appreciated it as. Gotta love the cameos by Todd and Englund too. As I say, the one thing I've always took from the series is the over the top kills and straight from the off this doesn't disappoint

https://media.giphy.com/media/FGNqLvW5eTA7S/giphy.gif

I'll get into the sequel tomorrow.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,101 Posts
I don't really do the whole Horror movie everyday stuff, although, I'll be watching a bunch of films on Halloween itself. Probably Scream, Halloween (obviously), Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th. Those are my usual go-to. I make it a day of snacks & watching films, it's usually pretty fun.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So Hatchet was still the ultra gory fun ride that I always appreciated it as. Gotta love the cameos by Todd and Englund too. As I say, the one thing I've always took from the series is the over the top kills and straight from the off this doesn't disappoint

https://media.giphy.com/media/FGNqLvW5eTA7S/giphy.gif

I'll get into the sequel tomorrow.

Oh shit that looks insane!

GIF reminds me of Peter Jackson's Dead Alive (speaking of; why the hell isn't this on any of my lists??)

·
33,400 Posts
Oh shit that looks insane!

GIF reminds me of Peter Jackson's Dead Alive (speaking of; why the hell isn't this on any of my lists??)
Yeah, the kills are all over the top, old school gore loveliness throughout. Mr.Crowley certainly uses a wide variety of ways to inflict maximum suffering to his victims. Chainsaws, shovels, an obvious hatchet and more are all used in the first movie alone.

IIRC, the sequel gets even more glorious with the creativity.

Braindead (As it's called over here) :done Now that's one movie that I havnt seen in a long time.

·
Ramble On
11,104 Posts
I don't have a particular list but off the top of my head I want to watch the following stuff, most first time watches but some rewatches...

Friday the 13th parts 5-8
Phantasm
Alice Sweet Alice
Halloween (duh)
Diabolique
Blood Rage
Trick r Treat
Suspiria
Kuroneko
The Haunting (original)
Bird with the Crystal Plumage

What I've watched already over the last two weeks,

Halloween 2
Blood on Satan's Claw
Friday the 13th parts 1-4
Scanners
Silence of the Lambs

I love October.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Yeah, the kills are all over the top, old school gore loveliness throughout. Mr.Crowley certainly uses a wide variety of ways to inflict maximum suffering to his victims. Chainsaws, shovels, an obvious hatchet and more are all used in the first movie alone.

IIRC, the sequel gets even more glorious with the creativity.

Braindead (As it's called over here) :done Now that's one movie that I havnt seen in a long time.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts