Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sucks for me, because that's mostly what I have, & there's not many opportunities for me to speak or read.

I love shitposting threads, but Shrekchan, IMDB etc. went down.

I love certain games, but most people have moved on (like Skyrim, KOTOR).

I enjoy odd VHS tapes, but barely anybody did or does today.

What are yours that you wish weren't unpopular?

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
I decided to get into light novel reading and randomly chose the light novel Oda Nobuna no yabou to read. Turned out it was way longer than I anticipated it would be, something like 20 volumes for an anime supposedly barely anyone knows about and those that did barely gave a second thought to it. At this point, I'd just like to find someone I can discuss it with.

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,124 Posts
Lately its just reading manga all the time. I never could read only one title without peeking some others and that would hinder my reading time and burn me out real quick but these days I found a balance. Being reading two titles at the same time with somewhat similar yet different touches that complement each other greatly.

I also always like to read some information about the things that I would never read or watch. Sometimes its good enough to read some interesting stuff on a work than the work itself.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
The Weather Warden book series, by Rachel Caine. A really superb set of fantasy novels, that has a ridiculously tiny fandom. It's sad cos they're SO good, possibly my favourite book series ever. I've read them all numerous times :lol

I love glitches in video games and hidden cut content and that kind of random shit lol.

I also have a weird fascination with reading geography articles on Wikipedia about countries and cities and all that jazz. I find it super interesting.

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
Fucking love AKB48. Been following the group since about 2013. Catching as many of the concerts and shows that my favorite members are on.

sub to Takeuchi Miyu as she's awesome

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
Way too many to list. But I do wish more of my friends were still into Dungeons and Dragons and other table-top roleplaying games.

Today it's just video games, video games, video games....
There's been a resurgence in tabletop gaming and especially D&D the last couple years. You could definitely find new friends for gaming if you can't convince the ones you have.

·
Registered
296 Posts
There's been a resurgence in tabletop gaming and especially D&D the last couple years. You could definitely find new friends for gaming if you can't convince the ones you have.
I have the same issue... I'm Canadian and it's almost impossible to find anyone interested to play Great Campaigns of the American Civil War board games within 500 kilometres (see what I did there?) of me.

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
I have the same issue... I'm Canadian and it's almost impossible to find anyone interested to play Great Campaigns of the American Civil War board games within 500 kilometres (see what I did there?) of me.
If you have any gaming stores near you, they always tend to have daily events where people play and hang out, but if you live in a small town, then I guess that won't apply. Same for the other poster. Not to mention, making friends can be hard in general.

I shouldn't have made it seem like it was super easy. I just meant that tabletop gaming is hot again.

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,659 Posts
I collect taxidermied animals and world war I & II stuff.

Sometimes I walk into the forest and don't go home for days, I just sleep under a tree.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I feel like every interest these days has a big following. You can find like-minded people online in literally any interest.

I feel the pain of people talking about having no one to play board games with though. It's all very well having an online community to talk about stuff with, but there's no good alternative to playing board games in person. There's a couple of simulator programs and the like, but I really don't think they compare.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I fucking love visiting old churches and tiny chapels, especially if they're out in the middle of nowhere. Not even religious in the slightest, not baptized and never even went to church for actual religious purposes, just enjoy it a lot from a historical/architectural standpoint.

I'm interested in various aspects of ethnography, cultural traditions, regional particularities in language and speech, etc.

I love medieval fairs too, never actually dressed up or actively participated in one aside from a tiny one that my high school organized and I went as the friar while being the biggest atheist in my class :lol But I do love visiting them. It is kind of saturating watching all the news stories and TV coverages about them though, especially in the summer you can kick over a rock and you'll find a couple of medieval fairs under it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Before I loved to watch moe anime (cute girls doing cute things), but lately they are adding to much yuri in those animes...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts