Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Other (elaborate)

Votes: 18 25.0%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the WWE are pushing towards giving one of these guys a run with the US title. Who do you think it would be?

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
They really need to take the title off Santino because his act is stale as shit and really wasn't very entertaining to begin with. The only reason they put the belt on him is because he was getting huge reactions but even that has faded while his segments are also dropping viewers. Nobody gives a shit about the guy so that's why nobody gives a shit about the US title. It's WWE's fault why the US title is a joke right now but giving it to Santino just dug things even further. They need to stick Santino to a simply comedy act and nothing more. Please just keep this guy away from the titles for the rest of his career because it will drop credibility as soon as anybody sees a joke of a character like him holding it.

Damien Sandow - Besides Cody Rhodes there's not really a guy in the midcard\upper midcard that has more star potential than this guy in my view. He's good on the mic, he has a good look with good size, and a great character that can go far. I see them putting the IC title on him though because he's on Smackdown.

Heath Slater - Not only is he jobbing but he's jobbing to jobbers so I would be shocked if WWE is considering putting a title on this guy anytime soon. I think it could do them wonders though because the only thing this guy really needs is to establish credibility and that's exactly what putting a title on him could do. He has a unique look, good mic skills, gets a crowd reaction (regardless of why or what..it's still a REACTION which is something most can't say) but there's one thing missing and that's the way he's booked. Let this guy get on a hot little winning streak and put the title on him and he will draw more heat than 3\4 of the roster. Do I honestly see it happening at this point? Not a chance but I can dream.

Ryback - I don't really think his character needs a midcard title to make him look stronger. It might just make him look weaker than he already looks. There's not a chance in hell he should main event but I don't think he's the type of guy who should be in the midcard division after the way he's been booked. The way he's been booked I don't really see him ever doing anything because WWE doesn't seem to want to put the guy in an actual fucking feud. Personal heated feuds in the upper midcard is what I see as this guys best hope in making it but I don't really see him lasting long term.

David Otunga - I would love to see this guy get a shot at a midcard title sometime very soon because now is the time with Laurinaitis getting fired. They need to keep him as an important piece of the very mediocre midcard they have and putting the belt on him will do it. He has a good character and looks like he's confortable with everything he's doing OUTSIDE THE RING. Sure his in ring ability may still be poor but I think he's proven that he can talk good enough to pull off his character and has a good amount of charisma unlike Ryback.

Antonio Cesaro - This guy doesn't stand a fucking chance to win any title anytime soon. He's rarely on tv as it looks like they already gave up on him. Never seen his work prior to the WWE so I can't really give a full depth opinion on the guy but from what I've seen he's fucking awful. He has about the most generic look you can possibily have and there's nothing that really sparks out about him that makes me want to care. Sure he might be a good in ring worker to all the indy nerds but I haven't seen any charisma or personality since the guy debuted. He's been booked really bad which isn't helping him but just the way he presents himself is not impressive to me.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Ryback is just squashing legitimate jobbers, Sandow is Smackdown exclusive and Cesaro can't get on TV period, what made you pick these 3 guys? Ricardo Rodriguez has a better chance of being the next US Champion than all of these guys.

I'll say Miz, use the US Title to rebuild him, let it be for him what the IC Title was for Rhodes and give him a long reign. I know he's pretty much done this before but I don't think he can just jump straight back into the main event after all the jobs and humiliation he went through.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,538 Posts
Not Sandow, he should get the IC title. More fitting.

Ryback as US champ could be quality once he starts wrestling actual WWE employees.

·
Registered
398 Posts
John Cena! Infact Vince is going to have Cena win every title until the wwe universe is completely behind Cena. John Cena in drag to win the divas Championship at Survivor Series. I'm calling it. Oh, you will cheer. You don't want to face the wrath of Vince. John Cena will then explain in his emotionless voice on Raw why F.U.ing Layla threw a table was for you the wwe universe.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
no one ,the title will be retired just like they did with the cruiserweight title.They chose then hornswaggle and now santino.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Ricardo Rodriguez. I genuinely think they're going to have him win it in the future, if the feud with Santino continues. Although knowing WWE they'll just randomly throw the belt on Swagger with no build. Putting it on Ricardo would piss a lot of people off, but at least it would have some kind of buildup behind it.

Otunga would be the perfect fit for it at the moment though. Arguably higher up the card than Santino, gets quite a bit of heat, fairly established heel.

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
Cesaro. He is the 'European' guy. so him holding the US title would be great for his heel status.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sandow would be a great US Champ.

As for Ryback he should be the next World Champ!

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ryback is just squashing legitimate jobbers, Sandow is Smackdown exclusive and Cesaro can't get on TV period, what made you pick these 3 guys? Ricardo Rodriguez has a better chance of being the next US Champion than all of these guys.

I'll say Miz, use the US Title to rebuild him, let it be for him what the IC Title was for Rhodes and give him a long reign. I know he's pretty much done this before but I don't think he can just jump straight back into the main event after all the jobs and humiliation he went through.
Santino's a Smackdown guy, and he's holding a "RAW" title.
Bryan's a Smackdown guy, and he's gunning for a "RAW" title.

It doesn't matter anymore.

I actually meant to put Otunga in as the 4th entrant but I forgot who I was thinking so I said other lol.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts