Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
Christian it just felt like the biggest piggyback ever, I'm already not fan of Christian as a whole (don't hate him just I can name many I'd rather watch) so add that with a rushed emergency feud and it just came off as shoehorning him in.

Like at least with the Rey Eddie thing it felt like they purposefully built a unique story no matter how distasteful it is to some. With the Christian thing it felt like they just went Edge can't finish this feud... Well let's just throw Christian in it.

Even as a non fan I probably would have been happy to see Christian win, because well it's usually cool seeing the longtime vet get that moment.

But that one in particular felt like everyone involved got short changed. Del Rio probably lost a title that he would of won, Edge lost a career, and Christian got to me an underwhelming title reign with assistance from Edge in a car. It was just eh. I would have expected him to win it on some Christian Coalition shit not as a stand in for Edge.

Shame on all of you who said Swagger though. I enjoyed that Swagger bomb, and I loved the trophy presentation promo it brought.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm seeing names like Mysterio, HHH, Cena, and Orton when those are elite superstars. We should be saying names like Swagger, Ziggler, and Khali!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
cena beating y2j on the first match of his return
swagger winning the belt
alberto del rio beating punk n cena
rock beating punk at the royal rumble (shit booking)
Ezekiel jackson beating christan to win the ECW title on the last episode

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Triple H Beating Booker at Wrestlemania. Stinks of creative control and Ego.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
-The Great Khali-The guy was awful to watch in the ring and just boring in-general overall. And he certainly didn't deserve to be world champion. Vince's love of big men strikes again.

-The Rock, 40+ year-old part-time movie star, beating CM Punk (one of the WWE's hottest younger stars) and ending his epic title reign, just so that we could get an inferior rehash of the Rock/Cena match from WM (which WWE lied about by calling it "once in a lifetime)."

-Randy Orton beating Christian after a TWO DAY title reign by the latter, and then Christian subsequently turning heel for no good reason. Such a slap in the face.

-Jeff Jarrett just laying down for Hulk Hogan in WCW. That whole thing was a freaking mess.

-The Montreal Screwjob of course.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,027 Posts
Roman Reigns winning at WM 32. I wasn't a fan of wrestling until recent years, and so the only one that came to mind was his title win against Triple H. Everything was so predictable, and the fact that WWE continued with their plans despite the amount of fan rejection did not help at all.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
-Stone Cold beating Kane a day after Kane won the title. I love Stone Cold overall, but that was BS.

-Sheamus beating Roman Reigns at Survivor Series 2015-I don't even care for Roman myself. But trying to copy the ending of Summerslam 2013 so blatantly, and subbing out two over guys (Orton and DB) for two far less over guys (Sheamus and Roman) was a horrible decision.

-Roman beating Triple H at WM 32-So predictable and boring.

-John Cena beating Chris Jericho in his return match (slap in the face to Y2J right there).

-John Cena beating Rey Mysterio the same night that Mysterio won the belt (slap in the face to Rey).

·
Premium Member
19,292 Posts
- Chris Benoit at Mania 20. Such a low point of Monday Night Raw. For me, it was the most boring, uninteresting guy imaginable getting the title, and boy was that reign lousy.

- Hulk Hogan at Mania 9. You have a fresh face in the main event (Bret Hart) and you proceed to make him look as worthless as possible with an unnecessary Hogan spotlight hogging moment.

- Rey Mysterio at Mania 22. That whole Eddie tribute run was brutal.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Honestly, as distasteful as the whole "for Eddie" thing was, I still cannot hate that run. For one simple reason, Rey Mysterio won the world title and I LOVED it!!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Also Nash just awarding Flair his 15th title win in 2000. Flair's "record" is a joke. I can't believe people act like it's something that has to be preserved.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Not really. It was the finalizing of Bryan finally overcoming the authority and reaching the top of the mountain. It had purpose and reasoning and it was something that needed to happen. People who use this argument are failing to see the bigger picture in all of this.

Anyways, Great Khali's world title win, Randy Orton beating Christian on Smackdown to take the world title from him, and Cena beating Edge at Unforgiven in 2006 come to mind.
Hence why I said its my opinion because I don't see it like that all.

I saw and see the bigger picture doesn't mean I had to or have to like it. Roman reigns has basically been having the whole gets screwed at every angle story and if he beat 3 guys in one night he would be crucified! And I don't even like reigns I just think the hypocrisy with wwe fans is ridiculous.

·
Banned
6,190 Posts
I remember being unreasonably angry when Cena won at MITB 2014, plus Michael Cole shrieking on commentary made it 10 times worse.

"IT'S JOHN CENA! JOHN CENA WITH KANE! AA TO KANE! CAYNA'S TAKEN OUT THE DEFENSE! CAYNA'S TAKEN OUT THE BODYGUARD! CAYNA'S GOT ORTON! JOHN CENA WITH RANDY ORTON! AA TO ORTON! JOHN CAYNA'S GONNA CLIMB THE LADDER! CAYNA'S GONNA CLIMB THE LADDER! CAYNA'S ON THE TOPPA THE LADDER! CAYNA'S ON THE TOPPA THE LADDER! CAYNA FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP!"

·
Stay Fearless
7,365 Posts
CM Punk losing to The Rock

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cena making Rey's title reign 1.5 hours. That's my least favorite. Khali was terrible aswell but i just can't stop feeling sad for Rey.

61 - 80 of 172 Posts