Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In most genres I'll find songs I enjoy, so there's definitely not a single genre that I can say I "hate". But there's definitely genres I don't like much in general and thus listen to them much less than others. Such as:

Hardcore music in general: Like metallcore and such. I don't mind grindcore like Napalm Death, for example, but the rest isn't really my thing. Death metal is great and evne though I'm not huge on black metal, I do like some bands. Hardcore though... nah.

Reggae: It just has never clicked with me. I don't care for the whole culture behind it either. Most people I've met who were into reggae were quite different people from me. It's hard to explain.

A lot of club music: I'm gonna be honest with you, I dunno what the difference between house, techno, EDM, drum 'n' bass, etc. is. But from my somewhat limited exposure to it, it mostly seems like repetitive music that's only meant to be listened to while drunk at a club. But yet, a lot of people seem to be big fans of it and will even listen to it on their phones at home and such. I do like some club-type of music, though, like 80s themed synthwave for example. The tracks/songs aren't just the same repetitive loop. Vaporwave is cool too but it samples songs from other genres, so I dunno if it counts.

I think that's basically it. For the record, I mostly listen to metal(NWOBHM, thrash, death and folk mostly), rock(classic rock, hard rock and grunge rock mostly), synthwave, jazz, j-pop, vaporwave and classical music. I also like some other stuff of a variety of genres.

What about you?

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
In 2019 pretty much any form of rock and metal, it's all beyond stale at this point.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Most of which is played on radio. Top 40 stuff in particular

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In 2019 pretty much any form of rock and metal, it's all beyond stale at this point.
The classics are timeless, though. I do wonder what will happen to metal once bands from the 70s-80s like Iron Maiden and such finally call it quits, though.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Need to do some deep diving there.
Why bother? When 99% of a movement is beyond stale and just rehashing stuff that was much better from a decade and more ago I'm not really inclined to waste my efforts going for the deep underground when plenty of other genres are exciting me because they're actually innovating styles and sounds.

·
Devil's Blood
3,376 Posts
Why bother? When 99% of a movement is beyond stale and just rehashing stuff that was much better from a decade and more ago I'm not really inclined to waste my efforts going for the deep underground when plenty of other genres are exciting me because they're actually innovating styles and sounds.
Each his own.

However if I liked the genre I'd find what I'm looking for other than writing it off.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Each his own.

However if I liked the genre I'd find what I'm looking for other than writing it off.
That's what I'm saying, I USED to like the genre. Modern rock and metal is so stale I just have no interest left. I've heard it all done better a thousand times already.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I understand where you're coming from. Most of the bigger bands around today that are considered metal are metalcore bands or thrash metal revival bands trying to cling to the 80s thrash scene. I do think Municipal Waste are alright, though. But yes, bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, Overkill, etc. are all past their prime at this point. It's interesting how thrash seems to have "died" around 1990-1992. It's like Metallica doing the Black Album made every other thrash band distancing themselves from thrash lol.

Anyway, I dont' care much about when something came out. The classics are timeless and there's a lot of good European metal out there from the 90s and the 21st century, even if those bands aren't as big.

Can't comment on rock, but it does seem like the bigger rock bands nowadays are bands like Nickelback, Shinedown, etc.

It seems like the music that's all the rage/makes money these days is hip-hop and EDM.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I really don't like country music. I find it extremely dull.

I'm also not a fan of heavy metal or screamo either, it's definitely not my thing haha.

Reactions: Ma-Trish Reloaded

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Country music - Pretty much the only genre of music I can never really get into. I do have a few Johnny Cash songs, Shania Twain, & Sheryl Crow. But that is as deep as it goes. And I'm very open-minded when it comes to music but Country just sounds so boring imo.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Alot of the new/mumble rap/trap. Everyone fucking loves it but there is no energy in it. Everyone is high as fuck and a lot of people love it because the beat sounds cool and dont even notice the lyrics. I feel bored listening to it smh.

A lot of the screamo death/black metal stuff. Its mostly just screaming and screeching. Not very enjoyable especially when your just chilling.

I enjoy metal/rock when I am pumped up or am watching an anime mv or compilation of cool shit (wrestling video promos). That adds a lot of hardcore energy that helps the atmosphere but when I am just trying to chill or have an easy going time, the amount of loud, fast paced music kind of turns me off.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Country. I'd rather sit in total silence. Especially Kenny Chesney. Every year he comes to Pittsburgh and his "fans" feel the need to trash the North Shore. No other musical act brings out the garbage quite like Chesney.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alot of the new/mumble rap/trap. Everyone fucking loves it but there is no energy in it. Everyone is high as fuck and a lot of people love it because the beat sounds cool and dont even notice the lyrics. I feel bored listening to it smh.

A lot of the screamo death/black metal stuff. Its mostly just screaming and screeching. Not very enjoyable especially when your just chilling.

I enjoy metal/rock when I am pumped up or am watching an anime mv or compilation of cool shit (wrestling video promos). That adds a lot of hardcore energy that helps the atmosphere but when I am just trying to chill or have an easy going time, the amount of loud, fast paced music kind of turns me off.
I don't even know what mumble rap or trap are.

Death and black metal aren't screamo. Screamo is a different thing and I don't think it's metal? Death metal doesn't have screaming but growling. Black does have it, although some bands are not as harsh as others. Bal-Sagoth, for example, are a symphonic black metal band.

Country. I'd rather sit in total silence. Especially Kenny Chesney. Every year he comes to Pittsburgh and his "fans" feel the need to trash the North Shore. No other musical act brings out the garbage quite like Chesney.
I haven't really listened to country enough to form an opinion. It's not that big where I live, and the country singers who are popular are people like Taylor Swift which I'm not sure if they even qualify as proper country musicians?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts