1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
The catapult is a real pet hate of mine. It looks terribly fake. Another one in a similar bracket is a badly taken arm drag. It's rarely the person delivering the move that ruins it, but many wrestlers reciving the move often run in to it, offering their arm to the opponent as they go, it just looks unconvinincing and throws me off when I watch.

The abdominal stretch often looks lazy when wrestlers don't sell it well. Triple H and Shawn Michaels made it look good, but it often slows the pace down to painful levels of dull.

Also, and unfortunetly the Mandible Claw is the only one that springs to mind right now, but I dislike ANY MOVE that requires the announcers to explain to the audience WHY IT HURTS. If the wrestlers can't make that look obvious in the ring then it's a redundant move.

And of course...punches thrown by John Cena.

Reactions: Snowman

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Headlocks

*waits for the Orton punchlines*

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
5 Knuckle Shuffle
It's even worse when King is creaming himself with his "Hey ______! You can't see him, but how about you see a little 5 knuckle shuffle!" EVERY. FREAKING. WEEK.

Reactions: Snowman

·
I don't like the cut of your jib
3,646 Posts
When they're standing on the outside of the ring and one guys rams the others back into the apron. I hate that.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Oh my God, I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet, but the worst offender of them all is by far:

When a wrestler ALWAYS whips his opponent into the ropes and then FUCKING DUCKS which oh-so-coincidentally gives the opponent a great opportunity to KICK HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE!!!!

God I hate that so much. :cussin:

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Oh my God, I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet, but the worst offender of them all is by far:

When a wrestler ALWAYS whips his opponent into the ropes and then FUCKING DUCKS which oh-so-coincidentally gives the opponent a great opportunity to KICK HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE!!!!

God I hate that so much. :cussin:
I was going to post this, lol. It's so stupid.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I agree with Huganomics (Awesome Angle reference BTW) about the duck thing.

But if I had to pick Starship Pain... Your finisher shouldn't be a move you can never hit. I also tend to dislike a sleeper hold for some reason. Can never put my finger on it.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I think my least favorite in the WWE right now is definitely David Botchtunga's chokebuster. I seriously pray every time he lifts up someone that he does not drop them on their head.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Cena's STFU for definite! Why can noone escape or ropebreak his compared to ANYONE elses??? His 5 knuckle shuffle baffles me ... If the opponent is down for THAT long, pin him FFS!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think the ones I don't like are:

1) You have the guy down. He ain't moving. So what do you do? You move around the ring, strutting, posturing and such. By the time you get to your move, the opponent has aged 10 years and is collecting his social security.

2) Obvious ones that you can't think could do the job. "Hogan is down. Wait--what is this? He's up..he's shaking...and (blank) hits...oh--you know what is coming. Hogan points--he's off the rope and leg drop..."

There are more--many mentioned by others..but really. Sell it, dang it!!!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Boston Crab

Most Arm Drag takedowns & Hurricanranas take too long to setup and don't look affective at all.

A wrestler selling a move as if they got hit with a KO punch (BackStabber, Neckbreaker).

·
Registered
957 Posts
Mysterios stupid ass splash. He doesnt even fucking springboard, he just stands and falls.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I used to hate JBL for doing that spot where he would do like 6 consecutive elbow drops, especially in his mini feud with CM Punk. I mean, it makes pyschological sense but it was so boring and bad to watch.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts